Pod Your Reef

Bobyboy

So I have this front rock in my tank a little while ago a hermit crab was walking on it and it pops up.

It opened from underneath and stood up almost vertical.

I couldn't get a pic of it open but I am almost 100% sure it is some type of clam.

See my picture I have the rock circled any advice please.

This is a older picture from shortly after I received my rock.

Here is a much better video I made

I don't know what needs to be done.

Is it in a good position?

I survived my soft cycle so I am hoping he is happy now that he is active, I know the blenny and crab are not helping.

Any advice would be great.

Trippy, that is definately weird

I just updated it with a better video, it's a min and 40 secs long you can skip to about 1:20 and catch the clam shutting.

I just updated it with a better video, it's a min and 40 secs long you can skip to about 1:20 and catch the clam shutting.

thats really kool but i guess u need to feed it since it is non photosynthetic could you please get a better picture :)?

thats really kool but i guess u need to feed it since it is non photosynthetic could you please get a better picture :)?

I'll try and get one tomorrow with the regular lights on.

From what I have found out it is a type of mollusks, I bought some Kent Marine Chromax Concentrated Phytoplankton.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a mollusk of some sort, I'd agree - maybe? I think I would guess some type of oyster if I had to pick... Hard to tell with just that one video, but wicked cool, none the less.

I look forward to seeing more. A good testament to amazing hitchhiker possibilities, eh?

It's a mollusk of some sort, I'd agree - maybe? I think I would guess some type of oyster if I had to pick... Hard to tell with just that one video, but wicked cool, none the less.

I look forward to seeing more. A good testament to amazing hitchhiker possibilities, eh?

Yeah this rock had tons of hitch hikers including a small mantis.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295656

Archived