SaltCritters.com

85.5 gallon shallow reef

BillyMays

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking great! can't wait to see it stocked, is there any bowing with the 3/4" acrylic?

The acrylic is 1" thick and the reason for that is to negate bowing with the rimless design. So with that said there is no bowing what so ever.

Update: Tank cycle first week once again thanks to a couple bottles of biospira, some live rock, and skimmer gunk. Fish were added few days ago. 3 green chromis and a yellow coris wrasse and are all doing fine. Diatoms are blooming and the hermits are eating them ommm nom nom :3

Re did the scape to slow flow from the return. It was making the torch very mad. Now flow is more diverse aswell :3

img0842tv.jpg

img9010q.jpg

img9039k.jpg

Last pic is a photo filter tank isnt dark on the sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a yellow tang. But hes got black spots on him so Ill be feeding him some seaweed to try and boost his immune system. Just got him from the lfs and the next day he had spots. Ill be ordering some garlic stuff for the mysis he likes . Still waiting to make this last payment on my tv so I can get a cuc suitable for a tank this size... The snails cant keep up with this stupid hair looking algae :/ everything will be in order soon. Ill be buying a octo hang on skimmer next month.

No qt tank. Ill just have to baby him and get him up to health. More pics to come after I get rid of this algae.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
polarblair2000

Hows the tank coming along!? Just looking at the pictures of the tank cycling are getting me excited!

Im planning on getting a similar sized tank when I upgrade (though it will be slightly smaller, 75 gallons)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived