Cultivated Reef

85.5 gallon shallow reef

BillyMays

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I did see your build thread! Got into hockey talk though so I got lost :P. Turns out I wont be redoing he messed up string on the end. That 2 part led glue has them stuck down good lol. It wont be a problem though cause Im thinking of doing 30k whites with 10k whites instead of the RB leds I have waiting to attach. So that should blend all the colors together real well.

Lol no its aluminum flatbar. With the way my light thing is configured Ill be able to use a clip on fan or two so I can keep them cool. The glass splash guard will keep the air in and moving around the leds.

Lol no its aluminum flatbar. With the way my light thing is configured Ill be able to use a clip on fan or two so I can keep them cool. The glass splash guard will keep the air in and moving around the leds.

Haha nice, where can you get those btw? I've been trying to find something like that for awhile.

Oh never mind, knowing the name sure helps, i see that home depot carries it!

Stand is done, tank ships today due to some delay :P. But knowing what we all know bout John is he gets busy busy. Still need to order in more leds and thats about it. Trying to decide what I wana put in the tank fish wise.

imag0309ud.jpg

Any thoughts on the cinder blocks? You think I could just do four corners and run them the long way? Duno if that would hold the tank or not.

Any thoughts on the cinder blocks? You think I could just do four corners and run them the long way? Duno if that would hold the tank or not.

If you're talking about leaving 2 stacks on each side then it should be able to support it seeing how you fabricated the support for the tank to sit on.

I'd be worried if cinderblock can't support a 85 gallons of water weight distributed amongst 4 stacks, they're used in building construction and holding up cars after the wheels are stolen.

Unless you're planning on putting a sump below or something I'd leave it to give you a piece of mind.

Looks like ill just leave it lol. Im not too worried bout the weight with all the blocks. Ive seen builds with over 150g ontop of cinder blocks.

Arranged rocks a bit but it clouded up so I duno how it looks now :/... Purchased a couple pieces of live rock :3 trying to get the cycle going.

Iam very pleased with this scape. The two pieces in front will be moved to the pile once I get those pesky bristle worms that are lurking within. As for the amount of rock it should be close to 70 pounds dry dont know how much it is with the water weight. Will be picking some stuff up today for the tank aswell.

Im sure my tank dont meet the gallon requirements for a yellow tang, but my tank has alot of swim space. Do you guys think a yellow tang would be ok in this tank? Theres not too much rock taking up the 4'x3' swimming room in the tank.

You will be Fine for sure in my opinion. The TOTM a month or 2 ago had a tang and it was a 30g. I had a yellow tang as well in my 60g.

Archived