Cultivated Reef

Dan's ADA style pico reef!

Daniel Name

Daniel Name

Still waiting for the mounting, but I had to transfer the animals to the new tank.

Sump is almost ready, just need to organize the cables and add the refugium.

7e772db1.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daniel Name
who makes that little fan?

Jrmiller,

I bought it from Premium Aquatics, here's the link

Rapid LED has a variety of fans i know, i love your setup as a whole, very clean... :D

Thanks!

Cool setup man, Looks like the one famous from brazil "Mr. Denadai" Tank!

Are you using a little Siporax?

Hi! Denadai's tank is deactivated, I don't know why. But his tank was very beautiful indeed. His tank was SPS predominant, and mine might be soft or lps dominant. I'm still thinking about that.

I'm using the version "mini" of Siporax. It's smaller and recommended for a 50 liter tank.

Tomorrow I'll add a small refugium inside the sump with chaetomorph.

TeflonTomDosh
Hello guys,

11/04/2012

cfcbe09e.jpg

-------------------------------------

• Tank: 24 x 12 x 8"
  • Sump: 15 x 12 x 10"

Equipment:

• Skimmer: Tunze 9002
  • Return Pump: Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0
  • Lighting: Aqua Illumination Nano
  • Circulation pump: none for now
  • Heater: Eheim Jager 50W
  • Overflow: MAME Overflow
  • Filtration: Sera Siporax Mini 35g

-------------------------------------

07/02/2012

Project:

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s190400.jpg

CapturadeTela2012-01-17s191456.jpg

How did you take a picture from the future??

Daniel Name

TeflonTomDosh,

Hahah.. I'm used to dd/mm/yyyy! ;)

NanoTopia,

Thanks!

Pictures of the small refugium inside the sump:

Cpiadefoto-1.jpg

Cpiadefoto2.jpg

foto-3.jpg

Wow how cool we both have the same thinking of the small refugium by using a net breeder. Lol that's what it look like in my tank right now

I really like the stand and overall cleanliness of this. I wonder though about the lighting spread.

Is that what you intended? I would move it farther AWL to get better spread or switch to a sol from the nano.

Daniel Name
It amazes me how clean everything is.

It will be cleaner when I intall the new mouting. But it will take 15 days do manufacturer. I don't want any cables appearing!

Wow how cool we both have the same thinking of the small refugium by using a net breeder. Lol that's what it look like in my tank right now

My concern is about nuisance algae growing in the sump. I'm thinking in add a black acrilic in the side where the light is stronger. Did you do something to avoid light in all the sump?

I really like the stand and overall cleanliness of this. I wonder though about the lighting spread.

Is that what you intended? I would move it farther AWL to get better spread or switch to a sol from the nano.

Twan,

Take a look at the project in the page 1. I know a guy that build fixtures and I asked him to make one for me, just like the project. I'll be able to move up. I had to transfer the livestock to the new tank so I couldn't wait and resolved to use the mounting that came with the fixture.

He sad he needs two weeks more to make the mouting.

Sorry about my english!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Name
Very nice, love the stand!

Thanks!

What do you use to keep the glassso clean? Is it hard to keep the bare bottom clean?

No, it's not hard, but you have to clean just like the other glasses. My rocks are very easy to move, so I just move them to the side to clean everything bellow.

Thanks!

No, it's not hard, but you have to clean just like the other glasses. My rocks are very easy to move, so I just move them to the side to clean everything bellow.

I do the same thing and move them to the side to clean and move them back. Then I use a small siphon hose to Siph out the detritus. Simple and easy!

Ah I still need to take a picture of my refugium for u to see. I just use a black basket and cut to fit the inside sump and added the chaetos. That's all. Cost only $1.84 for the basket. :P

Daniel Name
I do the same thing and move them to the side to clean and move them back. Then I use a small siphon hose to Siph out the detritus. Simple and easy!

Ah I still need to take a picture of my refugium for u to see. I just use a black basket and cut to fit the inside sump and added the chaetos. That's all. Cost only $1.84 for the basket. :P

If my basket was black it definitely would be better. Let me see yours!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived