Pod Your Reef

Llj's 8g Oceanic Biocube

lljdma06

buddythelion

LOL! I just saw your thread title!

The red ones:

The one in the center that look some-what pinkish remind me of armor of gods, probably a wild morph.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wild-Pink-Armor-of...#ht_3419wt_1168

The larger red and black-blue-purple centered ones on the right of them are known as organisms or lunar eclipses.

As for the hornet, they look like purple hornets when I google them.

Loving the God of Wars and WOW palys! I have yet to find them locally.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get a confirmation on the armor of god, I don't remember what they were sold to me as, but the LFS owner is on FB, so he'll get back to me if I send him a picture.

Yeah, the God of War was for $20 a polyp, so I'm very happy. They are opening beautifully, no clue where I'm going to put them. I want them somewhere where I can see them clearly. I may shift things about between my two tanks, so the best things can be displayed. :D I also have to place my acans better. They are beautiful and not being show off as much as I'd like them to be. The acans actually look more colorful in the Old 8g under the halides, which I find funny, so I may move all the acans there.

L

More pictures for you Buddy, guess who were fully open?

Purple people eaters

ef50ea0e.jpg

Green people eaters

f5a927e9.jpg

My Hydor flo keeps popping out of the socket. Yesterday it fell on my Elegance, which proceeded to try and eat it. :o Elegance is fine. Piggy elegance.

I also dislodged the ORA green from it's frag plug. This ora may now go in the old 8g. Sigh... Lots of little mishaps with this tank. I've gotta glue the zoanthids on, but also the acans. I may also move all the acans to the old 8g, my acans there are thriving and I think that these'll do better. Too many stinging corals in this tank. Not so many stinging corals in the other ones and acans love being next to each other.

So lots of tank stuff to do today. :D

L

I'm jealous. That is all :P

They are pretty. I can't wait to mount them.

I moved my acans out of this tank, though. They were ok, but they really thrive in my old 8g, so I put them in there.

This is turning into more of an sps/zoa tank, with some fun lps thrown in for fun. My LFS just got in a pygmy wrasse. It was already promised, but now that I see they can get them, this'll be the next fish I add to the tank, a pygmy wrasse. It was very cute and small.

L

Get some teflon/thread seal tape and wrap it around that hydor flo sucker, does the trick on mine.

Those green peoples are nice! They got those blue centers like the nicer variants I've been seeing around online.

Expensive, sounds like you got a steal though!

http://www.cherrycorals.com/product.php?pr...t=22&page=1

Man that website is expensive! I did get a steal.

I think something is stinging my firefish. Oh boy... Why am I not surprised? -_-

My firefish is being stung by my elegance. He's ok, just a very dumb firefish. *sigh* My lps are sting zoas too, as are my sps. Poor zoas... But on a very cool note.

I got a new fishy.

A Tanaka's Pygmy wrasse. It is very cute and already doing very wrasse-like things...

Here he is in his baggy...

ad2142b0.jpg

Oh boy did he look awful after I acclimated him, super pale, but... give him an hour of hiding and look who comes out to play... All red and purty. :lol: probably the last time I'll see him, in typical wrasse fashion...

L

buddythelion

That pygmy wrasse is so neat! But had to click the video just to understand how neat it was. Beautiful fish, wish I could have one too. But I already have 5 fish in my 12... :lol:

That pygmy wrasse is so neat! But had to click the video just to understand how neat it was. Beautiful fish, wish I could have one too. But I already have 5 fish in my 12... :lol:

I like him. I hope he does well. Did you see the zoas in the video? Neat, huh?

So 5 fish in the 12g... Hmmmm, now I know how many I can have in my ~16g ADA tank!!!!!! omgomgomg

Hehe, I shall start the thread tomorrow. :happydance: It'll be over in the member's section.

L

You are going to have to reduce the font size in your signature soon to fit all of these tank links in!

You are going to have to reduce the font size in your signature soon to fit all of these tank links in!

I imagine so. Wrasse eats pellets! Good wrasse.

L

• 2 weeks later...
I imagine so. Wrasse eats pellets! Good wrasse.

L

Wrasse is dumb like the firefish. Keeps getting stung by the elegance...

Firefish is better though.

I still need to mount the zoas. I suck as a fish keeper.

L

Wrasse is dumb like the firefish. Keeps getting stung by the elegance...

Firefish is better though.

I still need to mount the zoas. I suck as a fish keeper.

L

And dumb wrasse is now a dead wrasse. He had quite a few sting marks. Stupid elegance, though I suspect the duncan had a part to play as well. Not sure what I want to do regarding fish now. Maybe a clown so we don't have stinging problems!! Firefish has greatly improved.

Mounted zoas, they look nice. Still have a few more to do.

L

lilpatty19

Hi ! I have a quick question... I saw that you have a chiton as part of your CUC and was wondering how its going, Im thinking of getting one and was wondering if you have to flip them upright often.

Thnks!

Patty

Hi ! I have a quick question... I saw that you have a chiton as part of your CUC and was wondering how its going, Im thinking of getting one and was wondering if you have to flip them upright often.

Thnks!

Patty

Mine stays upright all the time. It's a pretty cool animal. Great algae eater.

Hey Patty.

@Peter. Yes, evidently Elegance are quite nasty. It may well be a clown for this tank.

L

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Zoas zoas zoas, you need more zoas! :D

I listened to you. :) Though I replaced zoas with palys. Same difference. Paly are zoa on steroids.

It's been a while. Life got in the way.

Tried two new fish. First was a two-spot goby I got for free. I rehomed him when I learned he needed pods. Second was a black ocellaris clown fish. Great choice, except he came sick and ended up spending about 40 days in quarantine. Two weeks being treated for ick and the balance recovering. He was recently reintroduced into the tank again. Removed some of the sps and moved them to my other 8g, which is an older system. I like this as a paly/zoa/lps tank more.

Peeechurs are here...

Full tank shot... The clown is a ham and tbh, a bit aggressive to the firefish. Not biting aggressive, just annoyingly boisterous for the firefish's taste.

59647fdd.jpg

6eac6d74.jpg

Firefish in his favorite cave

93fa9b96.jpg

Top view, I still need to get a hydor Flo. It broke.

074e59be.jpg

Valley with gsp, I managed to find a smaller piece that matches the large one with regard to neon color under LEDs.

0e4981ab.jpg

Zoa rock with nice fat aiptasia. A big one, hasn't spread... yet.

36432fdc.jpg

More gsp, see how I have a lighter one (bottom right). I don't like this one, he'll go to another tank once I find one that matches.

15ac7ba4.jpg

green infusion paly with cyphastrea. Yes, Newmann, if you're still around, that's your green infusion paly. :D Your nuke greens are also around there somewhere. Cyphastreas did very well as did my favias. Elegance didn't do well and neither did some of the sps. Tank, despite the purigen and chemi-pure elite is still too new. It's a paly tank now pretty much. They are like wildfire and beautiful.

c4aee267.jpg

The Caribbean paly that survived the 36g crash. Yes my 36g crashed, I'll update that journal later. Macro bomb. :( This guy survived. Doing much, much better and I see new polyps already.

df771574.jpg

Lunar eclipse palythoas with an anemone crab. I got anemone crabs for this tank too. They're doing great. I think there was a scuffle, but they have three separate territories now.

d2667939.jpg

Duncan, I lost count how many heads. :D

e698dd53.jpg

Unidentified hornet zoanthids. This thing has gone crazy, many polyps now. All over the other side.

0cb7de97.jpg

Red hornet zoanthids and branching green favia, that's a new guy. A lot more than five polyps now.

7d80c796.jpg

I don't have a great picture of my God of Wars right now. They attacked my green people eaters, or somebody did, could be the birdsnests as well. The GOWs have taken off. I started with 2 polyps in one colony and 4 in the other. I thought I had 16 polyps as of now, but it turns out there are significantly more. I tried to count them, but my clownfish kept charging my hand and I didn't want to be bitten.

No plans for this tank right now, other than the move. Yes, I got a boyfriend now and this is his favorite tank, so we're moving it to his place. Maybe a fungia, a cleaner shrimp and a perching fish of some type in the future. Not sure about a goby/pistol pair, I've got the Christmas favia on the substrate and I don't want anybody bothering it or the duncan. Perhaps though a yasha will make less mess. I know the YWG and the tiger pistol are way too messy. It's either a yasha or a clown goby of some type. I like the green ones. Fat heads. Hehehe. I may frag some palys when I get the proper protection. Won't do it until I have goggles, a facemask, gloves, and a sharp scalpel.

Thanks for looking. I missed you guys.

L

This tank looks great too! Love those palys, I have the same green ones in my tank. That duncan is crazy!!

Hey Peter, so you setup the new tank already?

Shame about the picos. I'll never do acrylic.

Hehe, my Duncan has always been crazy.

This tank is being moved to my boyfriend's in a few weeks.

L

Nope, the new 17G tank is still work in progress, haha. The pico replacement 12G is doing well, though it is in 'frag' mode to some extent because it includes the rock I will move to the 17G, so we are waiting to rescape until that tank is finally ready. If that makes any sense!

Hope the move goes well.

Nope, the new 17G tank is still work in progress, haha. The pico replacement 12G is doing well, though it is in 'frag' mode to some extent because it includes the rock I will move to the 17G, so we are waiting to rescape until that tank is finally ready. If that makes any sense!

Hope the move goes well.

Thanks, I hope so too. Tanks moves are tricky. I just saw your thread on the double decker. That's some serious DIY, Peter.

Do you have a thread on the replacement tank? Couldn't find on in your signature.

L

I got a couple things for this tank today...

I traded some chaetomorpha to get a discount on these two items..

A really cool yuma, I think, but it's really small still. Hope it does ok. You can also see my Caribbean cucumber in the picture. Still going strong.

55eaa75e.jpg

Also got this palythoa/zoa cluster. Under LEDs it looks awesome. Firefish says "hi" :D

8dccb954.jpg

Finally, I got a high-fin perchelet for this tank. Right now he's in quarantine, but as soon as he checks out ok, he gets put into the Biocube. A really cool fish. The former owner of this tank also had one and really recommended them.

84d278bc.jpg

Random shots of awesomeness...

Lunar eclipses

b16a6fe6.jpg

Christmas favia

28943fc2.jpg

And epic picture of the God of Wars. Well, this is just an incredible paly. Some polyps were closed, he just finished eating.

6119ad91.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

L

Archived