Top Shelf Aquatics

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

Oh my gosh I LOVE this tank !!!! You have the most incredible collection of zoas, palys and yumas and your light is doing a great job bringing out their colors. Simple stunning, well done!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
Still wanting to trade for zoas if your intrested yet.I added about 100 to 120 photos today in my tank thread.

Hey Anthony, I can't ship. So unless you want to trade, come on over to Cali! :)

Buddy, those are sick.

Wow!

Thanks again, you always have nice comments for my thread. :)

Oh my gosh I LOVE this tank !!!! You have the most incredible collection of zoas, palys and yumas and your light is doing a great job bringing out their colors. Simple stunning, well done!

Thanks miniwhinny! I do love the kessil.

Just happened to skim through and found this thread! Nice Rics!

Thanks andrew, once again the rics are thanks to coral morph!

Nano sapiens

Just wanted to say you have some great Zoas. The couple types I picked up from you last week are doing really good (one's already budding out in 3 places).

The little gold-centered Yuma is settling in nicely. These wild imports can be touchy, but this one seems content with semi-shade, gentle currents and regular feedings.

Thanks again!

I just spent an hour going through your pics... ####in awesome tank!!

Mind me asking where you got that gold indo torch from?? Would love to get one of those once my tank is cycled and ready for a torch (at least 2 months away right now).

And those zoas/rics...... so jealous. I was planning on getting a 12 pack from CM when I can so I'm glad to see you're pleased with them.

Keep it up :)

buddythelion
Just wanted to say you have some great Zoas. The couple types I picked up from you last week are doing really good (one's already budding out in 3 places).

The little gold-centered Yuma is settling in nicely. These wild imports can be touchy, but this one seems content with semi-shade, gentle currents and regular feedings.

Thanks again!

No problem, really nice meeting you. Glad that they're starting to grow already and that the yuma is still doing well. I'll be watching for your thread to check on their progress. :)

You're zoas and palys look fabulous! I really like the selection you have, made me drool a bit :P

Thanks Paigee for the compliment! Z + P's make me drool a bit too. :P

buddythelion
I just spent an hour going through your pics... ####in awesome tank!!

Mind me asking where you got that gold indo torch from?? Would love to get one of those once my tank is cycled and ready for a torch (at least 2 months away right now).

And those zoas/rics...... so jealous. I was planning on getting a 12 pack from CM when I can so I'm glad to see you're pleased with them.

Keep it up :)

Good to know someone went through all the pics I took. :lol:

Got that gold torch from World Wide Corals. They just had a 20% sale yesterday for Easter and two of them up. Was tempted to snag both but... I've ordered too much online already. Shipping kills:(

Coral Morph is definitely one of my fav places for corals. Haven't been disappointed from them yet! Definitely order from them them. Good freebies too.

buddythelion

Snagged 4 more Sunset/Rainbow Rhodactis. That makes it a total of 5 awesome cherry mushrooms. :D

SunsetRhodactisPhone.jpg

SunsetRhodactisCamera.jpg

SunsetRhodactisCamera2.jpg

buddythelion
Dang! Again man those are sweet!

Thanks! Was definitely a sweet pick up.

Ooooooooooooo Buddy! Soooooooo Purty. Hi! It's been a while. I've been busy. :D

How have you been?

Been well, but also busy. Been getting a lot better with the camera. Set up a frag tank and it's really useful for photos!

Here's some of the photos I recently took for a sale thread I made. I'm so proud of myself. :)

IMG_7345CR2-1.jpg

IMG_7350CR2.jpg

IMG_7370CR2-1.jpg

IMG_7344CR2.jpg

Oooooooo, nice Yuma! I covet...

Very good pictures. I'm getting better too. I updated my Biocube, though I still need to take pictures with my HD camera. The old 8g got an update too. I lost my gramma, Buddy.

buddythelion
Oooooooo, nice Yuma! I covet...

Very good pictures. I'm getting better too. I updated my Biocube, though I still need to take pictures with my HD camera. The old 8g got an update too. I lost my gramma, Buddy.

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Visited your thread last night and you said you weren't looking to replace it either? :(

Freebie from a local:

Blue Pinweels:

IMG_7458CR2.jpg

I'm really sorry to hear about that. Visited your thread last night and you said you weren't looking to replace it either? :(

Freebie from a local:

Blue Pinweels:

IMG_7458CR2.jpg

And I'm a weak & fickle woman. Need to do an update. There's a neon dottyback in there now.

Those are nice zoas. There was a tank breakdown in my area. Tomorrow I'm picking up 4 more God of Wars, a colony of frostbites, Purple people eaters, green people eaters, & an unidentified Hornet.

His Valentines Days ended up dying too. As did those of the other hobbyists that got frags. I really need to do updates. Mantequilla the spotted jawfish died. :( Freak birdsnest accident. Otherwise, tanks are doing great. Stay tuned for a new journal...

L

buddythelion
And I'm a weak & fickle woman. Need to do an update. There's a neon dottyback in there now.

Those are nice zoas. There was a tank breakdown in my area. Tomorrow I'm picking up 4 more God of Wars, a colony of frostbites, Purple people eaters, green people eaters, & an unidentified Hornet.

His Valentines Days ended up dying too. As did those of the other hobbyists that got frags. I really need to do updates. Mantequilla the spotted jawfish died. :( Freak birdsnest accident. Otherwise, tanks are doing great. Stay tuned for a new journal...

L

Neon dottyback? I heard those guys were big bullies and shrimp eaters!

4 more God of Wars? *drool* Those are ridiculously priced in my area, asking a minimum of $40pp! Can't wait to see that unidentified hornet! There's a black with gold skirt hornet going around that I think is amazing in terms of color pattern. Maybe you're picking that one up.

I'm sorry to hear about the V-Days. Sounds like the seller didn't really know how to frag his z + p's properly. Did you try contacting him?

Oh no, Blue Spots was my fav fish in your tank! Freak birdnest accident? Sounds like story time.

I see why you were very interested in Nathan's new rhodactis. You have some nice looking ones as well!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just starting to get into the whole mushroom thing. I didn't know there were so many variants.

Here's my latest pick up. Told myself I would never get one for my tank since the stinging factor would be too much of a hassle for a nano... But got an email from my LFS saying they got 50+ of their infamous neon green bta... couldn't resist. It's by far THE nicest green nem I have seen. The wait list for these were ridiculous when they were propogating them. But someone local had 50+ of them and sold them back to the LFS. His tank must have been insane... Enough talk. Pics time.

IMG_7467CR2.jpg

IMG_7468CR2.jpg

Oh yeah, did I mention the newest fish member to the family?

IMG_7469CR2.jpg

He's the little guy on the right shimmying to Poseidon. :)

Neon dottyback? I heard those guys were big bullies and shrimp eaters!

4 more God of Wars? *drool* Those are ridiculously priced in my area, asking a minimum of $40pp! Can't wait to see that unidentified hornet! There's a black with gold skirt hornet going around that I think is amazing in terms of color pattern. Maybe you're picking that one up.

I'm sorry to hear about the V-Days. Sounds like the seller didn't really know how to frag his z + p's properly. Did you try contacting him?

Oh no, Blue Spots was my fav fish in your tank! Freak birdnest accident? Sounds like story time

I got them for $20 a polyp. No, I wouldn't say that about him, he knows his stuff. His mother colony is struggling too. You know, sudden zoa death syndrome. Every other frag from him is thriving.

No, I didnt get those special hornets. I posted pictures on my Biocube thread. The God of Wars hadn't opened though. But... When I woke up at 11:30pm to get a glass of water, everything was open. All I can say is "whoa!".

Story time... So one morning I feed the jawfish & the firefish & everybody is fine. I had a long day at the university. I come home and I see my ORA pink birdsnest on my gsp & my jawfish dead. I take him out and on his body are scratches. :( My guess is that the birdsnest fell on him & cut him as he escaped.

Right now, this neon dottyback is being a little gentleman. He's in the tank where the gramma used to be, yeah my gramma went carpet surfing. That sucked. I lost two of my favorite fish to stupid accidents.

That anemone is really cool. I'm too wimpy to put one in my nanos. All I have are rock anemones. And Poseidon's little friend is cute. :D

So check out my Biocube thread. I haven't added a pic of the dottyback in the other 8g, I'll do that today.

L

buddythelion
I got them for $20 a polyp. No, I wouldn't say that about him, he knows his stuff. His mother colony is struggling too. You know, sudden zoa death syndrome. Every other frag from him is thriving.

No, I didnt get those special hornets. I posted pictures on my Biocube thread. The God of Wars hadn't opened though. But... When I woke up at 11:30pm to get a glass of water, everything was open. All I can say is "whoa!".

Story time... So one morning I feed the jawfish & the firefish & everybody is fine. I had a long day at the university. I come home and I see my ORA pink birdsnest on my gsp & my jawfish dead. I take him out and on his body are scratches. :( My guess is that the birdsnest fell on him & cut him as he escaped.

Right now, this neon dottyback is being a little gentleman. He's in the tank where the gramma used to be, yeah my gramma went carpet surfing. That sucked. I lost two of my favorite fish to stupid accidents.

That anemone is really cool. I'm too wimpy to put one in my nanos. All I have are rock anemones. And Poseidon's little friend is cute. :D

So check out my Biocube thread. I haven't added a pic of the dottyback in the other 8g, I'll do that today.

L

@$20pp... wow, what a fair price. I know about the sudden zoa death syndrome. Happening to my magician colony right now. I honestly have no idea why...

That's really unfortunate about what happened! That's surprising though since jawfish are lighting fast. I hope the neon dottyback is a cool enough lad that replaces both of your old fish for some good amount of time.

Carpet surfing. I'm so afraid of it I have a big 20L mesh top over my little 12g. :lol: In freshwater there's a shrimp that actually walks out of water... You might be familiar with amano shrimps. I found a missing amano across my bedroom (~15').

I'm considering taking the 'nem out. Starting to think that the cons of it walking around the tank and stinging my corals isn't worth it.

I think that's the coolest BTA I've ever seen!!!! Nice!!!! I like the new little guy too :)

Thanks! Definitely not your everyday green BTA. And I'm glad both of the clowns are getting along unlike my previous 2 tries.

Wow I need to get some Rics!!! Beautiful tank, the colors are all over the spectrum :D

CoralMorph had a big sale recently. Get to it!

WOW! That BTA is amazing! This tank just gets better and better!

Thanks! I really like the BTA as well. Would be perfect if it would move just a tad bit more up the rock. I can only hope.

Archived