Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

I love this tank, I love this tank, I love this tank, I love this tank.

So I make you buy yumas, eh? I love my yumas.

Sucks about the new fish. I was considering Diver's Den in the next few weeks, but I'll see how they take care of you first. I had heard good things.

L

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
I love this tank, I love this tank, I love this tank, I love this tank.

So I make you buy yumas, eh? I love my yumas.

Sucks about the new fish. I was considering Diver's Den in the next few weeks, but I'll see how they take care of you first. I had heard good things.

L

LOL! What time is it for you right now? You're always posting at very late hours over where I am.

The coral came with a hitchhiker crab when I fragged it up to those yuma pieces, but in terms of photo to what you get it's pretty dead on. But my guess is the majority of their coral is from the wild, so I would definitely keep an eye out if you decide to buy any coral. Shipping was great, and I've had good success with LiveAquaria before. Few years ago ordered about 16 peppermint shrimps. For some reason they thought it was a good idea to put all 16 in one bag, so one died and poof, they all died. Gave me a full refund, no questions or pictures needed once I talked to them. Second time around, they split it into two bags and I had about 2 die offs, but felt that the replacement was good enough and didn't want to pester about 2 little shrimpies. I ordered wrasses from them, and they came in amazing shape!

In short, I'd order with utmost confidence with them. But we'll see what they do with Tigger (the new blenny).

I'm in Miami, it's 5:44am. I usually get up for work at this time & BOOM! There's a Buddy updates whilest I have my morning coffee.

It's a Saturday & should be sleeping in, but when you've established a sleep pattern, it's hard.

I was considering an order of nps.

I got it from Paradise Corals, only place I know that sold them under that name. It's a pretty sweet paly, but I was expecting a blue coloration (thus the Ice Age name) but it ended up being a mint green color. Still cool though. Pics of yours for comparison?

i got mine just as a green PE from a local guy who got them at a random LFS. here are mine. they are glowing mint green under my LEDs

Picture233.jpg

Picture218.jpg

buddythelion
i got mine just as a green PE from a local guy who got them at a random LFS. here are mine. they are glowing mint green under my LEDs

Picture233.jpg

Picture218.jpg

Yup, looks pretty much the same as mine! I know that pic from r2r. ;)

buddythelion
I'm in Miami, it's 5:44am. I usually get up for work at this time & BOOM! There's a Buddy updates whilest I have my morning coffee.

It's a Saturday & should be sleeping in, but when you've established a sleep pattern, it's hard.

I was considering an order of nps.

Haha, so I'm the night owl and you're the early bird. Works perfectly.

I've never tried nps, but sounds really cool. Which ones were you thinking about?

Haha, so I'm the night owl and you're the early bird. Works perfectly.

I've never tried nps, but sounds really cool. Which ones were you thinking about?

Well, I've got sun corals, a balanphyllia, & some gorgonians. They're doing well. I want to try a dendrophyllia & terrazoanthus next.

Yeah, our schedules are working well. :D

buddythelion
Well, I've got sun corals, a balanphyllia, & some gorgonians. They're doing well. I want to try a dendrophyllia & terrazoanthus next.

Yeah, our schedules are working well. :D

Balanphyllia looks like a dendro, are they the same? Probably not since you're on the look out for a dendro... lol.

And terrazoanthus. WOW. The red ones from DD look AMAZING! You got to promise pics if you snag one!

He probably just has fun rot, which can be easily cured. Put him in a QT tank, heat the water to around 80F and add MelaFix. Works every time.

buddythelion
He probably just has fun rot, which can be easily cured. Put him in a QT tank, heat the water to around 80F and add MelaFix. Works every time.

Why 80F?

buddythelion
I LOVE all the colors and the new shrimp is really cool!

I just got those same yumas - look like cheetos under moonlights. ;)

Thanks! He's definitely a cool critter, goes all around the tank one yuma at a time.

buddythelion

Just got off the phone with Live Aquaria's customer service team, much better than the guy I talked to when I first called. But maybe he was just grumpy from a long day.

Here's their first email to me:

"Thank you for your email and recent order with LiveAquaria. We apologize that the tiger blenny arrived damaged. We do inspect each specimen before they are shipped but damage can happen during shipping. We recommend quarantining the fish and treating with an antibiotic for fin rot and body fungus such as the Maracyn Plus. We have provided a link to this below.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...cfm?pcatid=4833

We do offer a 14 day guarantee on all live fish. If the fish dies please feel free to contact us and a credit will either be put on your account or a credit can be issued to your credit card. If the fish does not improve by the end of the warranty please contact us and we will extend the warranty. We have placed a $30.00 in-store credit on your account for the inconvenience of having to treat the fish."

Anywho, great service! Took her time to help me with my problem, showed me how to set up a quarantine tank, looked up to see if the medicine was reef safe and told me how to use it, and even gave me $5 more so that if he doesn't make it I would be able to purchase another one next time with the credit from the Blenny and not be penalized for shipping since they now gave me a $35 credit, the same cost as shipping. I also really like how they would extend his warranty if his condition doesn't improve to give me more time to help the little guy, shows that they care about the livestock and want it to get better. Live Aquaria definitely lives up to their reputation.

Ok, if that doesn't convince me of buying a fish from Liveaquaria, nothing will.

Good for you, Buddy. Hope the blenny pulls through though.

Wow. You have some really awesome stuff in that tank. Subscribed!

Also...your Cupid Palys.... :wub: Where did you get them? I need them.

buddythelion
Ok, if that doesn't convince me of buying a fish from Liveaquaria, nothing will.

Good for you, Buddy. Hope the blenny pulls through though.

Thanks L, I'm hoping too. And gl with your order! Those terrazoas look sweet!

Wow. You have some really awesome stuff in that tank. Subscribed!

Also...your Cupid Palys.... :wub: Where did you get them? I need them.

Thank Aqualara! I got them off an ebay auction from Tidal Gardens. Their shipping was phenomenal, haha. Very unique, but effective!

buddythelion

Seriously... why do I keep getting wrong orders when I order online? *Sigh*

I'll post pics soon of a paly I was SUPPOSED to get, but got something completely different and it's not even healthy. Really disappointed...

buddythelion

Here are the pics:

What I'm supposed to get:

BlueBeast.png

What I got:

IMG_7219.jpg

20120328_132940.jpg

20120328_132849.jpg

Seriously, what is this half dead yellow thing? I'm really upset with them.

It came with a #75 written on the plug. The one in the pic also has a number, but I can't make it out.

This isn't shipping stress. They're from San Diego, I'm from San Jose. We're not that far apart. And for blue beast to turn to whimpy yellow in less than 12 hours? Not happening. The other two palys I won also did no look nearly as nice as the photo, but they're definitely what I bought in terms of what the frag looked like online so that's my fault so I can't complain there. But this thing... seriously. Too different for me and it was the most expensive of the frags.

Emailed them pics and sent them a video I took of it.

buddythelion
I absolutely love this tank man. I have always wanted to have a tank full of bada$$ zoa's, paly's and rics.

Thanks! It's still a work in progress. I hope to get rid of all those frag plugs in my tank soon.

buddythelion

Got amazing tip off a different thread. Here's the results:

Gold Indo Torch:

IMG_7251.jpg

Candy Apple Blues:

IMG_7269.jpg

WWC Lunar Lemonades:

IMG_7263.jpg

Lotus Petals:

IMG_7253.jpg

And now I'm far too lazy to list all the names, so here's a lot of pics!

IMG_7271.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7266.jpg

IMG_7258.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7225.jpg

And now my fav shots:

Spy the shrimp?

IMG_7264.jpg

Whattya want Mr Yasha? Can't see me, I'm a ghost!

IMG_7243.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Builder Anthony

Still wanting to trade for zoas if your intrested yet.I added about 100 to 120 photos today in my tank thread.

Archived