Cultivated Reef

Lion's Coral Den! Kessil, Rics, Zoas, Palys!

buddythelion

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
buddythelion
I covet your zoa. :) very nice. :D

Thanks! :blush:

clear front tank shot?

Check out pg 1 for an FTS. Only thing I got rid of was my pink and gold colony since it was growing too fast in my small tank, so now I have various z+p frags around the tank. Not much to look at now until things grow out.

Oops, sorry. Forgot photobucket was being a butt. Should be back in two days though.

buddythelion

Hahaha... again. Got another zoa!

Shout out to WrongGenotype for the cool trade! They shine in my tank. :)

From afar:

SOQ6x.jpg

You can even see the yasha pair!

World's crappiest close up shot:

9XvQv.jpg

buddythelion
I think you have too many zoas & you need to give me some. :D

I posted on the livestock section some that I'm selling. :)

But alas, I can't ship. :c

And hooray! The photos that were banned are back again!

arrivalanche

Love your tank. I'm a ric head myself. It's nice how they grow so fast. I don't have the yellow ones yet though. Have you seen the superman ric? I'm currently looking for a good frag of it for my tank.

buddythelion
Love your tank. I'm a ric head myself. It's nice how they grow so fast. I don't have the yellow ones yet though. Have you seen the superman ric? I'm currently looking for a good frag of it for my tank.

...Rics grow fast? Mine grow ever sooooo slow. What's your secret? And I've never heard of a superman ric, post a pic!

buddythelion

Here's me playing with a fancier camera... I have a long way before I get anything good:

Red People Eaters:

IMG_7095.jpg

Devil's Armor and Panama Zoas:

IMG_7094.jpg

Ric Island along with Utter Chaos palys and Sunset Splashes:

IMG_7091.jpg

Spidermans, Rastas, and Nightcrawlers:

IMG_7089.jpg

Close up of my two favorite pallies, Utter Chaos and Sunset Splashes:

IMG_7088.jpg

Sunny D's:

IMG_7086.jpg

Magicians:

IMG_7085.jpg

Mebbe you can help me a little. I'm trying to get decent pictures of my new zoas under blue lights, but everything is just coming out blue! Meh! My tank isn't just blue, but an array of "your eye balls will fall out" color. What you doing with your camera setting?

Your zoas & rics are, as always, yummy. :D

buddythelion
Mebbe you can help me a little. I'm trying to get decent pictures of my new zoas under blue lights, but everything is just coming out blue! Meh! My tank isn't just blue, but an array of "your eye balls will fall out" color. What you doing with your camera setting?

Your zoas & rics are, as always, yummy. :D

Honestly, I just found a function setting in my camera called "Aquarium" when I was in manual mode and it's waht you see here. It's still not that great though because the magicians are actually this vibrant easy going solid red, vs that dark color you see. I'm getting very frustrated. Because I can't get close shots either. :(

And thanks for the yum yum comment. :)

What magical camera is this?

I know, though, I just have to start bringing people to my house so I can show them ma corals.

I'm seeing another hobbyist today. Delivering some macros to him. He may give me some nice rics in exchange. I love that I can grow macro algae. Wooohooo! People seem to need it. I'll take some cash too, though. He's basically Zoas 'R Us. I got my Wobblegong wows & some other zoas from him.

L

Drumroll....

Valentine's Day Massacre... and, and, AND...

God of War! omgomgomg

Thought you'd like to know. Picking them up today. Hehe, it's nice to have extra skimmers lying about. :happydance:

L

buddythelion
Drumroll....

Valentine's Day Massacre... and, and, AND...

God of War! omgomgomg

Thought you'd like to know. Picking them up today. Hehe, it's nice to have extra skimmers lying about. :happydance:

L

Amazing! Those are two morphs I would really like to find one day. I am definitely jealous.

buddythelion

Been awhile since an update.

Here's my latest pick ups from stores and trades:

Rainbow/Sunset Rhodactis:

20120317_195230.jpg

Ice Age Paly (Mint ones in front):

20120317_195046.jpg

Tangerine Yuma:

20120318_211525.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

Space Monster:

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7124.jpg

Lotus Petals (Brighter than my King Midas!):

IMG_7128.jpg

Cupid Paly:

IMG_7133.jpg

Paly I'm waiting to color up. Bought it with a $10 rock with lunars... Hoping for a cool yellow-pink morph.

IMG_7131.jpg

Just another shot of my Darth Maul Micromussa. This guy is a pig when it comes to mysis.

IMG_7116.jpg

Finished off with a top down shot:

20120317_225652.jpg

Your tank reminds me of skittles. It's as if you dumped a package of skittles in a tank, it's so colorful.

The top down shots are awesome.

L

buddythelion
Your tank reminds me of skittles. It's as if you dumped a package of skittles in a tank, it's so colorful.

The top down shots are awesome.

L

Thanks L! I actually got some yumas today because of the ones that you have. I'll post pics up soon :)

Black sand....softs....more sex on the reef... really like your tank :D

Thanks Deckoz, black sand is sexyyy.

I really really really realllly like/want/need/am going to steal that rhodactis. :D

Thanks Nick! But I shall forewarn you... I have a very very VERY VISCOUS... Golden Retriever that will lick you to death. :P

^THIS!

Nice stuff!

Haha, thanks Spirofucci. Care to explain what sex on the reef means?

Oh WOW!!!

I don't think I've ever seen so many colorful zoas/palys in one tank before. Awesome !!!!!!!

:D

Thanks miniwhinny, I got another new one today and hopefully some over the weekend I'll post up some time later!

where did you get the Ice Age paly from? i got a frag recently that is exactly the same.

I got it from Paradise Corals, only place I know that sold them under that name. It's a pretty sweet paly, but I was expecting a blue coloration (thus the Ice Age name) but it ended up being a mint green color. Still cool though. Pics of yours for comparison?

Nice zoa collection.

Thanks Criley, they're my latest obsession.

buddythelion

Alright yo's, decided to try something new: Diver's Den

Here's my new Yucatan Shrimp, Periclimenes yucatanicus!

Pic from Diver's Den:

yucatanshrimp.png

Him in the tank, just chilling on the koralia:

IMG_7173.jpg

IMG_7176.jpg

Pics don't do him justice, so here's a video:

And sorry to all of those tail spot blenny lovers out there. I took Puppy the tailspot blenny out of the tank :(

Later bud, you were one hell of a cool fish. I'll still see you in the 400 gallon ocean that you swim in downstairs.

Puppy:

20120208_221959.jpg

But don't worry, he was taken out for a good reason. Because I finally jumped the gun and got this sweet Australian beauty... Anyone know what he is? ;) As a 2x whammy, my new yumas are in the same pic:

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

Clearly pictures do not do this species justice, as I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY when he came in! Totally way better than the picture on Diver's Den, and much better looking than the one my LFS had awhile back.

Sadly, he came with a wounded fin, and there appears to be fungus growing there as well. This is definitely an issue, and he is probably the most expensive fish I've ever bought, and LiveAquaria is supposed to send fish in excellent quality, being quarantined and all etc. So I contacted them to see how they'll deal with this and what I should do to help him meanwhile. Sent this video I took to show them the wound:

Archived