inTank Media Baskets

12" Rimless LED Cube - SPS/LPS/Softies Build Thread

FireCorals

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd isolate that frag immediately and cut off the part with the algae on it. Prevention is the best cure!

Time to pull out the Dremel!!

shaneandjohn

Good catch on the Bryopsis!! All it takes is a hint of it and it will grow. I am battling it right now, snuck in a frag, and unfortunately dipping doesn't kill the Algea, just the bugs!!

Your tank looks awesome. !!!

I will be upgrading my 3 gallon after the contest and am looking to get ideas in your size range. I just have to decide if I will go with. Naked cube with the AC 70 or 110 or get an AIO of that similar size :)

I cant believe garf is still around. I remember buying pounds of their crud, what a mess that was!

I would avoid the tunze nanostream, it will be stronger than the mp10 in that little tank. Stick with a nano koralia.

Good catch on the Bryopsis!! All it takes is a hint of it and it will grow. I am battling it right now, snuck in a frag, and unfortunately dipping doesn't kill the Algea, just the bugs!!

Your tank looks awesome. !!!

I will be upgrading my 3 gallon after the contest and am looking to get ideas in your size range. I just have to decide if I will go with. Naked cube with the AC 70 or 110 or get an AIO of that similar size :)

Thank you! My next tank is going to be a custom AIO Tank from Pico Aquariums.

I cant believe garf is still around. I remember buying pounds of their crud, what a mess that was!

I would avoid the tunze nanostream, it will be stronger than the mp10 in that little tank. Stick with a nano koralia.

Their products are awesome! I am very happy with them!

I am actually going back to the MP10 now that the substrate is covered with the heavy grunge.

Updated first post with most recent Full Tank Shot. It currently has the TruPop over it (LFS using my Full Spec to show to customers, will put it back when i get new shipment) and all the Garf Diveristy has been added to the tank, the amount of life popping up everywhere is great! I had some zoas That havent opened in a week and are now starting to open.

Also, the "bryopsis" that was all over that Favia is just Gone... It might come back, but from i Can see, its no longer there.

Can't wait to get the MP10 back in here and add some SPS.

I am going to try that later just to be on the safe side. Is there any precautions to take so I don't harm the actual coral with this method?

I was looking at the pic again, I could almost bet you can put that frag in a little bit of peroxide so the frag plug is submerged but not enough that it touches the coral. I'm putting your question on the peroxide forum for Brandon.

I was looking at the pic again, I could almost bet you can put that frag in a little bit of peroxide so the frag plug is submerged but not enough that it touches the coral. I'm putting your question on the peroxide forum for Brandon.

Thanks, I will search for it as I have a few more questions.

Looks good I really like the frags.

Going to be awesome. ;)

Thank you!

Just updated the 1st post with a new FTS.

Hey mike! On the first page of this thread you were acclamating frags in little plastic cups. Could you explain this methodology to me? Thanks! :)

I just did this same thing last night to my favia. diluted peroxid. no ill effects. looks perfect now.

Hey mike! On the first page of this thread you were acclamating frags in little plastic cups. Could you explain this methodology to me? Thanks! :)

Lol, nothing to it! Local farmer sells their frags in these containers. Just float acclimating like I would corals in bags.

I just did this same thing last night to my favia. diluted peroxid. no ill effects. looks perfect now.

Sounds good, how long and how diluted? Going to do this tonight.

Just added a pink/red Millie and there is a war going on between the Millie, frogspawn, and chalices.

On damage control right now.

honestly i did not measure. a few glugs from the bottle and a feww cups of water. used a turky baster to pour it over the coral and plug. not all Gha fill fall of right away. but 3 days later no gha will be left.

5mins worth of bath for coral id say.

honestly i did not measure. a few glugs from the bottle and a feww cups of water. used a turky baster to pour it over the coral and plug. not all Gha fill fall of right away. but 3 days later no gha will be left.

5mins worth of bath for coral id say.

I went ahead and tried it out. Thanks a lot guys/gals, worked out great.

Added a pink Millie mini colony to the tank. Excuse the pic, had just fed.

pink-millie.jpg

Looking good Mike! You almost got me thinking about setup a pico and trying out your LEDs. :) I am in Florida near Orlando.

Gonna follow along on this tank.. everything looking great!

Are you still going to HD to get that Vanity cabinet? lol

Looking good Mike! You almost got me thinking about setup a pico and trying out your LEDs. :) I am in Florida near Orlando.

Gonna follow along on this tank.. everything looking great!

Are you still going to HD to get that Vanity cabinet? lol

LOL. I went to today and almost bought one, no lie. It wasn't nice enough to jump on right away considering I am moving in the next few weeks, but I was so tempted.

I am actually thinking about having a custom tank made, either by Pico Aqauriums or a local company, Reef Savvy. Would love to go with Pico, but I think the shipping costs on a tank the size I want might kill it.

The foot print is the exact same, just an inch taller. So that vanity would still be perfect.

Your setup is beautiful and I hope I can setup something just as nice.

Just take your time and gather up some great ideas! I have faith in you. I like Pico Aquarium, they can do custom work but remember you are paying for quality work so the price seem decent. If i should of known that they did custom work i would of jump on that too, because i love rimless but somehow i made the 40b Aqueon works with the white trim. When i painted it i bought the none gloss white. So the stand could stand out more and not take away the view of the tank. :)

Congrats on the new house!

Just take your time and gather up some great ideas! I have faith in you. I like Pico Aquarium, they can do custom work but remember you are paying for quality work so the price seem decent. If i should of known that they did custom work i would of jump on that too, because i love rimless but somehow i made the 40b Aqueon works with the white trim. When i painted it i bought the none gloss white. So the stand could stand out more and not take away the view of the tank. :)

Congrats on the new house!

Yes sir and thank you!!

A few new pieces

Highlight Yellow with Blue Tips Acro

yellow-blue-tip-acro.jpg

Beautiful Paly combo rock with some insane polyps

new-palys.jpg

RED and GREEN and PURPLE Blastos

blastos.jpg

wow those are sexy where did you get that zoa rock?

LFS, Coral Kingdom. They have awesome stuff for really good prices.

Where is coral kingdom?

Pembroke Pines just west of Douglas Road on Taft Street. The owner is Victor, super nice guy with very fair pricing.

I also got Blue Hornets, going to post pics of them now, two big polyps with 4 babies.

Archived