ReefCleaners.org

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

So, I just caught up on this whole thing. Crazy. In fairness to OP, Mr. Velasquez seems to have been very shady in regards to refunds or shipping a new female fish. OP won by default, which, as stated before doesn't mean that OP was actually right. Other people have said it, and it's true, if the cost for travel and everything was more than 2500 for Mr. Velasquez then he may have decided "screw it" and not shown up. The lack of communication on his part does seem pretty irresponsible and shady.

mrg02d - I know you say you don't like newbies bashing long time members, but being a long time member of a forum doesn't mean they are always a good person. I have no way of knowing all of the details of every little conversation in this matter, and I am holding off my own judgement, however, you DO have to admit that if you look at the evidence both sides have brought to the table, Mr. Velasquez doesn't seem to have a good case. That and he clearly doesn't have fantastic business practices - the fish were overpriced (as many people have stated they felt they were) and a good business owner would have sent a new female to replace the lost or forgotten one.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, you are devoted- you post on N-R while driving! (mom says: don't do that, its dangerous:)

I only ran over 3 mailboxes and a little old lady today.

Jk. I read it before leaving and since my dad was driving, I figured I would respond. If any iphone owners have ever tried zooming in and moving around to get the cursor in the right spot in the reply bar, you could imagine what it's like driving down a crappy stretch of road in a big, old truck.

Where was court held? If not near him, he likely couldn't afford to fly.

You can hire a local lawyer to represent your interests for courts in other states. I just won a 3 year court battle in Florida with a old client I was doing consulting with. :lol: More money for the hobby! Sucks tho they have to pay monthly payments they got off lucky lol

You can hire a local lawyer to represent your interests for courts in other states. I just won a 3 year court battle in Florida with a old client I was doing consulting with. :lol: More money for the hobby! Sucks tho they have to pay monthly payments they got off lucky lol

Just further illustrates my point. It can't be cheap to hire a lawyer for anything....

Haha, owned!

I'd just like to say "I told you so" and that this wasn't a hard one to call. You had a shady seller trying to dodge any responsibility, and a buyer fighting on principle. If anyone truly believes a scammer would go through this whole journey for a free fish, I feel for your lack of sense.

Congratulations OP! Thanks for the update.

Just further illustrates my point. It can't be cheap to hire a lawyer for anything....

You're still here with your ridiculous love of the seller and hatred of the buyer? Figures..

Too expensive? He was just gifted $2500.. If someone wants to protect their reputation and business, they run the course. Especially if they *know* they're in the right. He could have collected court costs.

Haha, owned!

I'd just like to say "I told you so" and that this wasn't a hard one to call. You had a shady seller trying to dodge any responsibility, and a buyer fighting on principle. If anyone truly believes a scammer would go through this whole journey for a free fish, I feel for your lack of sense.

Congratulations OP! Thanks for the update.

You're still here with your ridiculous love of the seller and hatred of the buyer? Figures..

Too expensive? He was just gifted $2500.. If someone wants to protect their reputation and business, they run the course. Especially if they *know* they're in the right. He could have collected court costs.

You are such a tool. For one, the OP still hasn't told us the name of the court. You do know that you can look up case, right?

For another, a default judgement is just that, a judgment made in default. You obviously are either a troll or illiterate as the possible reasons dear old Rudy didn't show have been discussed already.

Furthermore, no one accused the OP of being a scammer. That was your little worthless addition.

Sucks that someone can sue you in another state like that. What are people to do when they cannot afford to travel or pay for a lawyer? The point of small claims court is to AVOID lawyers.

lhernandez86

Sorry....but if Rudy sells clownfish pairs for 2500$, dont you think we could afford to fly or hire a lawyer? makes no sense to me....

I still think Rudy was telling the truth.

+1

Between several other members here and members on another forum that all recently bought his spawning pairs because he's starting over, I believe Rudy did not feel the need to get involved more then he did. Or explain himself more then he did. Vendors don't get in flame wars, it only hurts business. Kinda like this thread is a bash without proof. This thread has gone to far and more then likely has and will continue to hurt his reputation because some guy has started a story without proof. Along with the fact that everything posted this far is able to be staged...

With your level of comprehension, coupled with your attitude, it's no surprise you lost your day in court.

The buyer gave the seller many other options and avenues to resolve this matter without going to court. When the seller chose to ignore those and not work towards a resolution, he opened himself up to legal action. Good on the buyer for following through.

Keep on with your man crush for the seller, maybe you can ask him for the name of the court? Oh wait, that's right.. He hasn't provided ANY information on this whole situation. Returned mail shows more of him trying to duck and avoid any responsibility. He also said he was waiting for court, then skipped. Shows how much weight you can place on his word.

It's obvious you picked a side based on emotion and not with any sort of logical basis. That's fine, I'm used to that from my girlfriend.. :lol:

You are such a tool. For one, the OP still hasn't told us the name of the court. You do know that you can look up case, right?

For another, a default judgement is just that, a judgment made in default. You obviously are either a troll or illiterate as the possible reasons dear old Rudy didn't show have been discussed already.

Furthermore, no one accused the OP of being a scammer. That was your little worthless addition.

Sucks that someone can sue you in another state like that. What are people to do when they cannot afford to travel or pay for a lawyer? The point of small claims court is to AVOID lawyers.

With your level of comprehension, coupled with your attitude, it's no surprise you lost your day in court.

The buyer gave the seller many other options and avenues to resolve this matter without going to court. When the seller chose to ignore those and not work towards a resolution, he opened himself up to legal action. Good on the buyer for following through.

Keep on with your man crush for the seller, maybe you can ask him for the name of the court? Oh wait, that's right.. He hasn't provided ANY information on this whole situation. Returned mail shows more of him trying to duck and avoid any responsibility. He also said he was waiting for court, then skipped. Shows how much weight you can place on his word.

It's obvious you picked a side based on emotion and not with any sort of logical basis. That's fine, I'm used to that from my girlfriend.. :lol:

Let me guess, you voted for Obama? :lol: I love your, "makes sense to me, therefore must be true" way of thinking. Tickles me to death!

No matter, I have contacted the Pet Detective, he is on the case! Watch out OP, the real detective is on his way!

The only thing I got from your post was you hate your girlfriend lol

The only thing I got from your post was you hate your girlfriend lol

That and he believes in bigfoot. (Without actually seeing him).

Ace will sort this all out and find the fish!

Matt

Anyone else sick of hearing mrg02d talk....I sure am. If we are making assumption on who we voted for with ridiculous falicies in all your arguments, I think you voted for Kim Jong Il. Dude wasnt even running ??? (Oh man better pat myself on the back in brackets to make myself seem smart, that was a real firecracker)

Do you also believe the X Files and Mulder and Scully are real people.?

At this point I have a 50k clown fish for sale, its actually BLUE. Only for sale to mrg02d because he may believe anything you tell him.

Do you also believe that The Situation isnt an alcoholic because there isnt enough evidence on MTV ?

See I can make ridiculous statements too...its really easy because its a faceless forum.

Im glad the seller lost his court case. If you cant type intelligently enough on here to explain your position in the first place you are going to get ripped by anyone with common sense.

Can somebody close this ####ing thread already please. None of us will ever know for sure. Its pointless to continue discussion over it.

Can somebody close this ####ing thread already please. None of us will ever know for sure. Its pointless to continue discussion over it.

Thank you.... thank you.....thank you.....I second this nomination.

At this point I have a 50k clown fish for sale, its actually BLUE.

Oh really? Here let me gift you 50k I'm trusting you not to scam me XD

But in all solemnity congrats to the buyer regardless of who was lying, more evidence was produced by the buyer. So, in a jury-style decision the prosecution would have easily swayed the jury's opinion but we all know that wasn't the instance so there I am done.

Anyone else sick of hearing mrg02d talk....I sure am. If we are making assumption on who we voted for with ridiculous falicies in all your arguments, I think you voted for Kim Jong Il. Dude wasnt even running ??? (Oh man better pat myself on the back in brackets to make myself seem smart, that was a real firecracker)

Do you also believe the X Files and Mulder and Scully are real people.?

At this point I have a 50k clown fish for sale, its actually BLUE. Only for sale to mrg02d because he may believe anything you tell him.

Do you also believe that The Situation isnt an alcoholic because there isnt enough evidence on MTV ?

See I can make ridiculous statements too...its really easy because its a faceless forum.

Im glad the seller lost his court case. If you cant type intelligently enough on here to explain your position in the first place you are going to get ripped by anyone with common sense.

Wow, so much wrong with this post! I dont know where to begin, or end!

LOL @ believing what you are told! So which are you today? The pot, or the kettle?

Oh, I see what set you off. You seemed like a follower. ;-) And yes, I did vote for Kim Jong Ill cuz he knows how to throw a PARTY!

This has got to be the most fun thread in the history of this forum! Brings out the best in people, thats for sure! Dont forget me guys. I stook next to Rudy and dared to question why?

Matt

Oh really? Here let me gift you 50k I'm trusting you not to scam me XD

But in all solemnity congrats to the buyer regardless of who was lying, more evidence was produced by the buyer. So, in a jury-style decision the prosecution would have easily swayed the jury's opinion but we all know that wasn't the instance so there I am done.

Hey, you willing to gift that kind of money? I got a great deal for you! This prince in Africa...

:lol:

Anyone else sick of hearing mrg02d talk....I sure am.

Quoted for emphasis. I think the joking is supposed to distract us from the fact that there are no facts to support the seller.

I guess it's smarter to take someone at their word, rather than the other person's word + photos + police report + court summons + everything else done in attempt to find a resolution. Not much more to be said.

Quoted for emphasis. I think the joking is supposed to distract us from the fact that there are no facts to support the seller.

I guess it's smarter to take someone at their word, rather than the other person's word + photos + police report + court summons + everything else done in attempt to find a resolution. Not much more to be said.

Are you guys reading my posts out loud? How do you hear what I type?

Turns out, the OP has so much influence that he had Rudy abducted by aliens (yea, I believe in them too) so he wouldnt be able to show up!

The OP didnt show us anything that would hold in court. He won because Rudy was detained by the aliens. I can ASSURE you that cobbled together this and that aint enough to prove that there was no break in the chain of evidence. I could stage every single thing shown to us. No one came to vouch for the OP, yet they did for Rudy.

Archived