Pod Your Reef

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

If I were buying a $2,500 pair of fish, we'd be flying first class B) eff those folks with their cutsie toy dog like animals, I'd be showing off the beautiful scale pattern of my new darlings. haha

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
schabiazabi

Private message to me from another forum:

hey bud

just read your thread. rudy owes me money for fish i sent him and he never paid me. (infact he turned around and sold my fish for a profit) im tired of his lies that he will send the money, its been six months now and i still dont have payment. just wondering what happened to your story, because im real close to posting my own if he doesnt pay up... hes not answering my texts anymore or pms...

sorry to bother you, but ive had it with him also.. and ive saved all his pms and texts to prove it..

This makes 4 different people he scammed or tried to scam.

Who sends a fish before receiving payment?? This is turning into bizarro world..

That being said, just because some one didn't pay a previous bill doesn't mean they orchestrate tape + wet box scams. It simply means they didn't pay a previous bill.

You're not gaining anything of value by continuing this here. If you started the legal case, great. But nothing posted here is going to win that or your money back. It's all just for entertainment value at this point.

scubasteve2580

Wow, I almost bought a pair from this guy a few weeks back.man I'm sorry to hear about this. I got a bad feeling when he tried to get me to send $250 as a gift. He even sent me a video of the fish inwould be recieving. Good luck for real. Thieves suck. Hope yet gets what he's got coming.

still here guys, havent posted cause not even sure what to post, scubasteve sorry you feel that way about me really , but theres a couple orders that went out last month and this month with people loving the fish i sent them.. some were $2300.00plus orders and no problems.. but if you decide to buy from me i guarentee youll be satisfied with my fish and want more... ask around 1 bad feedback from a newcomer isnt worth anything..plus i will have some awsome offspring here soon and you might just give in when you see them yourself.... court is pending and all i can do is wait till that day see what judge says! i tried the best i could and unfortunatly it didnt work out for me, so now i have to deal with it like a grown up and i will... thanks to all my supporters and sorry to those who hate me or think bad of me , just know be smart when you sell and if you feel something fishy it usually is... in my case somethings going on and im not sure what it is but ill never know , all i know is ive never never had this type of problem.. never so those of you fighting and arguing on this topic i would just relax and dont bother, im sure the court will make a wise decision and put an end to this...thanks guys cool i have a nanny now lol :)

still here guys, havent posted cause not even sure what to post, scubasteve sorry you feel that way about me really , but theres a couple orders that went out last month and this month with people loving the fish i sent them.. some were $2300.00plus orders and no problems.. but if you decide to buy from me i guarentee youll be satisfied with my fish and want more... ask around 1 bad feedback from a newcomer isnt worth anything..plus i will have some awsome offspring here soon and you might just give in when you see them yourself.... court is pending and all i can do is wait till that day see what judge says! i tried the best i could and unfortunatly it didnt work out for me, so now i have to deal with it like a grown up and i will... thanks to all my supporters and sorry to those who hate me or think bad of me , just know be smart when you sell and if you feel something fishy it usually is... in my case somethings going on and im not sure what it is but ill never know , all i know is ive never never had this type of problem.. never so those of you fighting and arguing on this topic i would just relax and dont bother, im sure the court will make a wise decision and put an end to this...thanks guys cool i have a nanny now lol :)

Don't worry buddy, the court won't have enough evidence to find you at fault. Also, don't admit to ANYTHING he doesn't have proof for. Make him prove everything he says. Also, let the judge know how he has been going around trying to hurt your business after bringing you into a lawsuit! I would consult an attorney and ask about libel damages.

Matt

Doesn't make any sense. I thought you had already paid for that female and you did not receive it, yet you want to send more money to a guy that you say has frauded you and for something you already paid for?

and then you want to buy him a beer? non sense...Now I am doubtfull about this whole story.

I ordered him from a guy I bought before. I paid using Paypal. Not everyone is a scammer.

Not that I really care, but just to eliminate some doubt I can offer Rudy Vasquez another $1250 if he finds that female. Half of what I paid. On top of that I will also pay for shipping. I will fly in, pay, ship it, buy him a beer, forget the story, and come back. Fish was more important to me than money.

His statement only sounded like a frustrated jealous person.

As for the fruitless waste of money...what if an investment of 2500$ will bring you 10 times that much and more in the future? It could then be pretty fruitfull...

...no he's just saying he would never fruitlessly waste two and a half grand on a couple on ornamental fish. and buy them uninsured at that.
  • 2 weeks later...
schabiazabi

CASE WON.

This thief and liar said the following on March 23:

court is pending and all i can do is wait till that day see what judge says!

So where were you? You told me you will listen to the judge only, and you said on this very forum you're waiting on the judge to make the judgement. Well he did and you lost by default. If you were so innocent you should have come to court and deny the accusations.

You knew very well there is no way to deny your fraud as my case was bullet proof. I even went to Fedex, and they were ready to explain to the judge what would happen to the fish if they opened up the box. Their internal policies are very well written.

More, you were not picking up my court documents that were sent USPS using certified mail, hoping the out of state case would not be able to proceed without affidavit of service. Unfortunately for you, you did not know I hired a private detective, and he was able to serve you papers.

On one side you are telling your "supporters" on the forum that you took the "high road" and you're waiting on the case, but on the other side you're not picking up court papers in order to avoid court. When you committed this fraud you did not know me and you did not know I am very patient, and I have a very far legal reach.

I will get my money, or my fish (the fish is legally mine) back one way or the other, and I'll make this an example case, so that others think twice before they pull a scam. This fish thing is a hobby after all, why would one hobbyist scam another hobbyist for a single dollar is beyond me.

Attached is the certified latter that returned to me, so others can see how he was "waiting" for the judge to make a ruling. Liar.

cert.gif

CASE WON.

This thief and liar said the following on March 23:

So where were you? You told me you will listen to the judge only, and you said on this very forum you're waiting on the judge to make the judgement. Well he did and you lost by default. If you were so innocent you should have come to court and deny the accusations.

You knew very well there is no way to deny your fraud as my case was bullet proof. I even went to Fedex, and they were ready to explain to the judge what would happen to the fish if they opened up the box. Their internal policies are very well written.

More, you were not picking up my court documents that were sent USPS using certified mail, hoping the out of state case would not be able to proceed without affidavit of service. Unfortunately for you, you did not know I hired a private detective, and he was able to serve you papers.

On one side you are telling your "supporters" on the forum that you're waiting on the case, but on the other side you're not picking up court papers in order to avoid court. When you committed this fraud you did not know me and you did not know I am very patient, and I have a very far legal reach.

I will get my money, or my fish (the fish is legally mine) back one way or the other, and I'll make this an example case, so that others think twice before they pull a scam. This fish thing is a hobby after all, why would one hobbyist scam another hobbyist for a single dollar is beyond me.

Attached is the certified latter that returned to me, so others can see how he was "waiting" for the judge to make a ruling. Liar.

cert.gif

Good luck collecting. Lol. Hired a detective? Who? ace Ventura?

I want to see a copy of the declaratory judgement form.

and good for you for hiring a PI to serve process. I got screwed out of 10K in backrent b/c my tenant wouldn't accept process and then went into hiding. Its really hard to prove service by newspaper ads so i gave up...not like she had the money anyways. Good luck collecting. Companies will do it for a fee. I wonder if either paypal or your bank can reverse the transaction now that you have a declaratory judgement form....

hahah the pet detective!

PI are great for serving process to hesitant to accept defendants.

though I would like to point out, a default judgement proves nothing. It doesn't mean you were telling the truth, it just means the other party didn't show up and you won by "default".

If he doesn't collect, considering how far he has gone with legal means, I am assuming he can file for collection and the judgment will become a public record on Rudy's credit report, having a very negative effect on it.

Why are you so against the OP? You said he couldn't win, he did. Now you make this comment like you support Rudy's actions after he has shown what seems to be very shady practices.

though I would like to point out, a default judgement proves nothing. It doesn't mean you were telling the truth, it just means the other party didn't show up and you won by "default".

Very true, but also shows that the defendant had no interest in trying to disprove anything schabiazia as claiming. At least officially.

I want to see a copy of the declaratory judgement form.

and good for you for hiring a PI to serve process. I got screwed out of 10K in backrent b/c my tenant wouldn't accept process and then went into hiding. Its really hard to prove service by newspaper ads so i gave up...not like she had the money anyways. Good luck collecting. Companies will do it for a fee. I wonder if either paypal or your bank can reverse the transaction now that you have a declaratory judgement form....

hahah the pet detective!

PI are great for serving process to hesitant to accept defendants.

The way I see it, if the 2500 was too much to just give to him to shut up, he wouldn't have not fought for it in court, unless he knew he couldn't win. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides( can't even remember I Did in the beginning )But it seems shady to not show up in court.

The way I see it, if the 2500 was too much to just give to him to shut up, he wouldn't have not fought for it in court, unless he knew he couldn't win. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking sides( can't even remember I Did in the beginning )But it seems shady to not show up in court.

Holy double negatives. Had to re-read that first sentence a few times. I think Rudy felt like sch was bluffing, and that he could just avoid him. Once he got a PI to serve him papers, he knew he was caught.

It is very common. Esp when there are flights/ hotel/car rentals, time off work, babysitters (tank sitters...) involved..I believe this was an interstate affair. When you start adding it all up, sometimes its just not worth it, especially if you think regardless if you are "right" that you may not win the case, then it really doesn't make sense.

Where was court held? If not near him, he likely couldn't afford to fly.

He won by default, Mike, who knows why Rudy didn't show up? It doesn't mean the OP was right. For starters, let's see the judgement...

I guessing Rudy was asked to go to the OP court, which is likely costly, and then have to countersue to recoup losses in the event he won.

I dont like seeing a new person join just to bash a long time member. That's all. I'll bet a 2500 judgement ain't all that bad compared to the lost money for travel, and ect.

Who really won? The OP lost his fish and now has to recoup the fish cost, court costs, and ace ventura ( we all know know much HE winds up costing)

Matt

Well,I am a jerk, I would counter sue for All of my inconveniences and taken a mini vacation. If i were Rudy, I would have just settled out of court when I found out the other party wasnt bluffing, if i had no...incentive...(?right word))to show up. Seems silly to just default the 2500, yet not just refund it when the skimate hit the fan.

Yeah, sorry Ben for the strange wording. I can't read what I'm writing while in the car, so I hit submit and hoped it made sense.

Well,I am a jerk, I would counter sue for All of my inconveniences and taken a mini vacation. If i were Rudy, I would have just settled out of court when I found out the other party wasnt bluffing, if i had no...incentive...(?right word))to show up. Seems silly to just default the 2500, yet not just refund it when the skimate hit the fan.

Yeah, sorry Ben for the strange wording. I can't read what I'm writing while in the car, so I hit submit and hoped it made sense.

wow, you are devoted- you post on N-R while driving! (mom says: don't do that, its dangerous:)

Archived