SaltCritters.com

Oceancube - Rudy Vasquez - Major Fraud - Legal Case Won.

schabiazabi

What if both buyer and seller are correct?

What if one of the bags leaked. The Fedex facility opened the box to see what was leaking emptied the rest of the water from the leaking box...accidently poured the missing fish down the drain with the remaining water. Re taped the entire box to secure it and shipped it back on it's merry way? Just an idea.

You create stories based on your own assumptions that are not true in this case. Fedex did not pour the missing fish down the drain with the remaining water, because the water was in the box when I received it.

They also did not empty the rest of the water from the leaking box like you're saying, because again the water was there.

Last time I'm going to post the facts regarding the shipping:

1. The box was not tempered with.

2. Water from the bag was floating in the second box and some of it was slowly dripping.

3. The over taping of the box was done with a none Fedex tape.

4. Both boxes were over taped. They were over taped, because the water was spilled at home during packing.

5. Rudy can post pictures of the outside box with the label and we can compare the boxes along with the tape.

6. Assumptions that Fedex opened up the box and saw the fish are incorrect. According to Fedex facility that was used by Rudy shipping fish is illegal and any opening of the box would result in a fine along with an undelivered package. Fedex and Rudy called me few days before the actual shipment when Rudy was caught shipping my fish. Fedex told me and Rudy, he can not ship fish from that specific location. He lied to Fedex by telling them he is not shipping fish and the items inside are live frogs. Fedex did not believe the story, because they could hear the water splashing (opened bag of water I'm assuming).

That eliminates any doubt when it comes to the shipping company. Coming up with any other assumptions about the shipping provider’s involvement is simply trying to shift the blame away from the scammer. Like I said above the seller can post the pictures of the box and show me the original packaging. He was able to take the video of the bags (he did not, because he knew what was coming, funny thing he did not record the second fish on the video), maybe he has the video of the package as well.

I will get my money back one way or the other as I am 100% sure the shipping company did not touch the box and Rudy simply stole the money along with the fish.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You create stories based on your own assumptions that are not true in this case. Fedex did not pour the missing fish down the drain with the remaining water, because the water was in the box when I received it.

They also did not empty the rest of the water from the leaking box like you're saying, because again the water was there.

2. Water from the bag was floating in the second box and some of it was slowly dripping.

4. Both boxes were over taped. They were over taped, because the water was spilled at home during packing.

5. Rudy can post pictures of the outside box with the label and we can compare the boxes along with the tape.

6. Assumptions that Fedex opened up the box and saw the fish are incorrect. According to Fedex facility that was used by Rudy shipping fish is illegal and any opening of the box would result in a fine along with an undelivered package. Fedex and Rudy called me few days before the actual shipment when Rudy was caught shipping my fish. Fedex told me and Rudy, he can not ship fish from that specific location. He lied to Fedex by telling them he is not shipping fish and the items inside are live frogs. Fedex did not believe the story, because they could hear the water splashing (opened bag of water I'm assuming).

That eliminates any doubt when it comes to the shipping company. Coming up with any other assumptions about the shipping provider’s involvement is simply trying to shift the blame away from the scammer. Like I said above the seller can post the pictures of the box and show me the original packaging. He was able to take the video of the bags (he did not, because he knew what was coming, funny thing he did not record the second fish on the video), maybe he has the video of the package as well.

I will get my money back one way or the other as I am 100% sure the shipping company did not touch the box and Rudy simply stole the money along with the fish.

That still doesn't prove that you aren't lying and staged the video in a grand scheme to get a third fish for free or a partial refund. Totally not saying you are. The seller seems very shady as well. Goodluck with the court case.

Attached is the close up image of the box. Tell me who sends a package like that? Did you ever receive an aquatic shipment in a box like this? Only someone who knows water is all over the box and does not want the shipping company to notice will over tape like this.

box.jpg

That still doesn't prove that you aren't lying and staged the video in a grand scheme to get a third fish for free or a partial refund.
- but that eliminates the fake assumptions about the shipping company. That's all I need. I am covered when it comes to the rest.

I can post the pictures of the box from every angle and you will see the over taping was not tempered with by anybody.

Having said that I do not need to post anything more. That's it for me. I would never ever buy from anyone like that anymore. You guys can make as many assumptions as you like, me and Rudy know he is a fraudster who stole the money and will have to come up with it to give it back.

I have gotten boxes like that, it is just to cover the old lettering, nothing more.

by no means overed taped

+1

Attached is the close up image of the box. Tell me who sends a package like that? Did you ever receive an aquatic shipment in a box like this? Only someone who knows water is all over the box and does not want the shipping company to notice will over tape like this.

box.jpg

- but that eliminates the fake assumptions about the shipping company. That's all I need. I am covered when it comes to the rest.

I can post the pictures of the box from every angle and you will see the over taping was not tempered with by anybody.

If in fact the seller shipped illegally that should be another red flag to not do business with him. Just be more careful before purchasing livestock online. Heavy research may have prevented this.

Buyer: You need to seek better legal counsel if you truly believe your evidence will hold any water in court. You should have seen the evidence that I had in my own battle! It wasnt even SEEN by the judge. She threw it all out because there were many possible ways that it could have been tampered with or staged. She threw out all pictures as well as there was no way to prove when th ey were taken and by whom.

And all that about the seller lying to FedEx only makes you just as guilty for KNOWING he was lying to them! Silly rabbit...

Matt

not all Rudy's have a bad rep....

I've been around here for a little while and I also visit several other forums such MOFIB and other breeding related threads. I know of a few people here that had purchased from Rudy in the past and I've seen several of his threads of live stock for sale in other forums as well. I've never once seen or read anything negative about him or his business practices and would without a doubt buy from him without hesitation.

On the other hand I have absolutely no knowledge of the buyer in this case nor his credibility.

I'd imagine there is more to this then we know and they are going to need to work it out. To the buyer - I would recommend being cival about this and work with him to find a reasonable solution.

Someone earlier suggested a plane ticket but not being able to bring fish on board a plane due to the 3 oz water limitiation. You actually can bring fish on board a plane and in more then 3 oz of water. Something about the live fish in the bag attests to the nature of the liquid in the bag being harmless. Most major carriers will allow it... but it's always recommended that you call first and check with the airline.

In the end I believe the buyer doesn't have a legal leg to stand on so his only hope is to try and work something out with Rudy. As a seller I'd personally be less inclined to want to even try to help anyone out that is accusing me in a public forum of wrong doing.

In the end I believe the buyer doesn't have a legal leg to stand on so his only hope is to try and work something out with Rudy. As a seller I'd personally be less inclined to want to even try to help anyone out that is accusing me in a public forum of wrong doing.

I think in the long run the seller will be paying for the clowfish in lost reputation and due too his horrible grammatical error. The way both sides are being handled in this case is laughable and watching this pan out is quite entertaining but getting old fast.

In the long run this thread is not going anywhere fast and probably should end. Let the community know buyer if you do seek legal counsel and the results. Otherwise let it be done with.

I've been around here for a little while and I also visit several other forums such MOFIB and other breeding related threads. I know of a few people here that had purchased from Rudy in the past and I've seen several of his threads of live stock for sale in other forums as well. I've never once seen or read anything negative about him or his business practices and would without a doubt buy from him without hesitation.

On the other hand I have absolutely no knowledge of the buyer in this case nor his credibility.

I'd imagine there is more to this then we know and they are going to need to work it out. To the buyer - I would recommend being cival about this and work with him to find a reasonable solution.

Someone earlier suggested a plane ticket but not being able to bring fish on board a plane due to the 3 oz water limitiation. You actually can bring fish on board a plane and in more then 3 oz of water. Something about the live fish in the bag attests to the nature of the liquid in the bag being harmless. Most major carriers will allow it... but it's always recommended that you call first and check with the airline.

It's about time some people with common sense show up...

1 - Assumption, not fact

2 - okay - not sure this fact helps you in any way.

3 - So? I find this thin at best as evidence that FedEx didn't open the package

4 - So? I've spilled water on a box while shipping before. I also like to cover up old writing, and have an extra layer of protection in case there is a leak. Getting held up in shipping is the easiest way to kill livestock.

5 - This isn't a horrible idea. I've still not seen your video yet...

6 - This confuses me. He got caught, lied, they didn't believe him, but it still shipped? Or did he come back? This actually makes the overtaping MORE reasonable, as he didn't want to get held up. It is also possible that it was opened at an itermediate stop, and not the one it came from.

All in all, very thin. I'm not saying you are wrong, but your presentation of "facts" is not too strong.

1 - Assumption, not fact

2 - okay - not sure this fact helps you in any way.

3 - So? I find this thin at best as evidence that FedEx didn't open the package

4 - So? I've spilled water on a box while shipping before. I also like to cover up old writing, and have an extra layer of protection in case there is a leak. Getting held up in shipping is the easiest way to kill livestock.

5 - This isn't a horrible idea. I've still not seen your video yet...

6 - This confuses me. He got caught, lied, they didn't believe him, but it still shipped? Or did he come back? This actually makes the overtaping MORE reasonable, as he didn't want to get held up. It is also possible that it was opened at an itermediate stop, and not the one it came from.

All in all, very thin. I'm not saying you are wrong, but your presentation of "facts" is not too strong.

Exactly. What made me take such a stand is that the buyer claims to have filed a lawsuit against the seller with this as his evidence. Even though the seller will just deny all the accusations while the judge explains to the buyer that his evidence isn't sound, going through a lawsuit is very stressful. We have so much to stress our lives out that it makes me mad to see one human do it to another human...And for the principle of the matter too! In I ther words, for revenge. Not because he cannot pay his bills, but simply for revenge.

Matt

Exactly. What made me take such a stand is that the buyer claims to have filed a lawsuit against the seller with this as his evidence. Even though the seller will just deny all the accusations while the judge explains to the buyer that his evidence isn't sound, going through a lawsuit is very stressful. We have so much to stress our lives out that it makes me mad to see one human do it to another human...And for the principle of the matter too! In I ther words, for revenge. Not because he cannot pay his bills, but simply for revenge.

Matt

I'm not saying he *shouldn't* sue. Personally, I would be pissed regardless of what the money meant, just beacuse someone screwed me. I'm just saying his case (which he clearlt feels great about) is full of holes.

Here are some facts:

Rudy, by all accounts (even the buyer's) has a good history and rep.

The seller sent gift money, which is odd for a scammer to do.

I REALLY think the shipping company got involved here. I'm not sure of it, but it is what I think.

Ok, so I am completely new here (not to saltwater but to NR). I have spent the last hour and a half reading this thread. I think we have all been trolled. Here are some reasons:

Buyer:

1. He is married. There is no way in hell my wife would even think about letting me spend $2,500 on a fish that I didn’t even know what it looked like.

2. He is married. That’s right I said it again. If by the grace of god he was able to talk her into it, the moment he opened that box and there was only one fish in there she would have put the camera down and started to beat him with the camera (on another note, that would have made the video take a surprising turn).

3. His new clowns are in love???? Really love??? It’s fish. The girl spreads her eggs all over something and the guy comes and shoots his stuff on it. There is no love. If that is love then I fell in love with a few girls in high school, if you know what I mean wink wink…….

4. Who in their right mind would gift someone money?? My 90 year old grandma has the common sense to not give anyone anything on the internet, especially money.

5. This fish that he was sold was shooting blanks….. Really???? Your telling me there is someone who has the delight to look at clown seamen all day? And I thought my job sucks.

Seller:

1. Since you took the high road and only responded a few times and have a pretty good rep around here it seams, you’re at least an adult.

2. Further more I refuse to attack you on your grammar. I suck at it and I know that I suck at it. I can't read a word my doctor writes, but when I am sick I go to my Doctor not the Nano-reef board.

3. Regardless of if you scammed this guy or not either way you got someone to give you $,2500 dollars for a fish that he didn’t even knew for sure what it looked like. And for that I can't help but respect you for it. (If you did in fact scam him shame on you, and give him his money back).

4. I love the movie Rudy (Even met Rudy Rudeger when I was in high school) There fore I like you just because you share the same name.

In conclusion, When (and I say this with extreme skepticism that this is even true) this “case of the missing $1,250 fish that looks almost identical to a much much cheaper fish-Caper” goes to court let me know when and where. While I would never spend $2,500 on a couple of fish over the internet. The wife wants to go on vacation. It will be a good time to watch the judge laugh his a$$ off and tell you both to get the heck out.

I hope that I spelt something wrong or used the wrong words, just because I know it will make someone so mad, and it’s the little things in life that makes my meat loaf.

The movie, not this guy

Lol

The OP wasnt a troll the seller has responded on here and R2R but several responses including mine were trolls

Twilmot i like your style

The movie, not this guy

Lol

The OP wasnt a troll the seller has responded on here and R2R but several responses including mine were trolls

Twilmot i like your style

:raises hand:

I trolled too...

Matt

animalmaster6

This was an entertaining, great read :happy:

I think this Barrel Full of Monkeys is definitely some major shenanigans.

(Sigh) :closedeyes: when you people learn you can't just slugs on the beach with frithers and nithers wishing and pishing with kids eating scissors dude just relax no need to get tax might just bounce like the big lorax

- Bark Baby Bark B)

Made my day. :lol:

1.) Talking out of ones "ass", as you so maturely put it, is a physical impossibility.

2.) I congratulate you on having the ability to use PayPal and eBay. I too have been members of both eBay and PayPal since eBay was free. Now, let me climb off my high-horse.

3.) Regardless if the fee was 4% or 20% OR 1%... He paid the fee. So no one was cheated.

4.) yes, you call it how you see it, but what you are failing to realize is that your opinion is not fact and you have no idea what actually happened, nor do I or anyone else in this thread, but OceanCube and the OP. Hence the reason it is best to wait for a proven outcome rather than making a bunch of empty assumptions.

The OP explained his story very well, the seller explained his story very jumbled and without substance. I hope that if these two individuals actually end up in court, that OceanCube gets representation.

LEDtric in FTW :D

Archived