Coral Vue Hydros

CAD 100G Artisan Build

LouDog3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AWWWWW Shnap!!! Get this thing going!!!!

I would love too! But need a basement floor installed first. Priorities...shhesh, floors are over-rated.

This might be a little late but that's one of the nicest 300z's I've ever seen, the 370's badass too! You sure do like your z's huh? Funny how soo many car guys are fish guys too.

This might be a little late but that's one of the nicest 300z's I've ever seen, the 370's badass too! You sure do like your z's huh? Funny how soo many car guys are fish guys too.

Thanks. My father owned a race team back in the day and I used to travel around and watch. The cars he owned where nissan's and datsun's , so its just in my blood I guess.

I guess it's the modding and tinkering that attract the car guys to tanks. Not sure though

Thanks. My father owned a race team back in the day and I used to travel around and watch. The cars he owned where nissan's and datsun's , so its just in my blood I guess.

I guess it's the modding and tinkering that attract the car guys to tanks. Not sure though

that's me!

• 1 month later...

Just read the tread! cant wait to see this filled up. Great selection of equipment. I have the 50g cube from Cadlights and I too sport vortechs and a radion. Amazing stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly due to unforeseen events I will be selling off most of my eotech equipment until I can finish my basement and get through the rest of this year financially. The tank is staying put and I will be back!

4k and never going to be wet? water doesnt cost much...

sorry to hear about your unforeseen events, nice datson ive been looking for an old z maybe a 260 or 240

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Well it's been a few Years! Anyway here we are, the basement has been finished for a few years, and I took a break from reefing.

But Im back!

My family and I went to Florida for Christmas break. We decided to try out a nice Fish Restaurant; sure enough the table they sat us at was directly in front of a beautiful 250G reef tank, with a lot of Wrasse's and SPS. I just sat back and watched the kids get so much enjoyment watching the fish. Well, it inspired me to finally finish my build.

So here we are:

Some basement shots-

15392136453_e533891c28_z.jpg

23943225940_998b648422_k.jpg

Ordered a Synergy CL-44 Sump(white), should be here in 1 week

Still Need a lot of equipment, just need to get to get back on the forms and see what's better, or if things have been updated over the years.

Still questioning lighting, but I am leaning more towards a T5/LED combo

24212703896_0dda898216_k.jpg

Things are coming along, I have the Salt Room completely cleaned out. I need to now start wiring for lights, and outlets.

I have received My Genesis Renew + Storm and Pro B) and Project Reef Rock 2.1 ( the rock looks pretty good, sorry for the crapy pic)

23755284154_354f136a87_k.jpg

23756659523_2ccacdff69_k.jpg

Just read through your build tonight. :welcome: (back) Are you telling me that this tank has been sitting empty in that room for approx three years....? That's insane. I'm so ocd, I wouldv'e lost my ***** after two weeks. Well, can't wait to see what you are able to come up with. The light industry has plenty to choose from. Nanobox, hydra 26's, primes, radions....?

ust read through your build tonight. :welcome: (back) Are you telling me that this tank has been sitting empty in that room for approx three years....? That's insane. I'm so ocd, I wouldv'e lost my ***** after two weeks. Well, can't wait to see what you are able to come up with. The light industry has plenty to choose from. Nanobox, hydra 26's, primes, radions....?

Yes, the tank has sat in my storage area of the basement for about 3+ years. I just didn't have the spare cash to build what I wanted, and need to finish my basement and keep the wife happy ;)

But now I am determined to finish this build and do it top notch. Just finished cleaning out the storage area, I have green board and drywall to finish the inside where my sump will go. Just waiting on Synergy to finish building it, I have all the plumbing parts, and now I'm going to start to cure my rock.

I am guessing 2 weeks, on sump, rock, ect. before the tank gets wet. But after that things should move quickly.

Tech has changed from when I stopped, and I am glad. So much better equipment right now. As far as lighting I am thinking Radion X30's Pro, or going with the Giesemann Aurora Hybrid, if I can find one.

Messing around with Scaping, I suck at this part. Thinking 2 mounds or maybe a cave with an arch to the other side. Good thing I have time to mess around with this some more.

24331844182_4f5ace436d_k.jpg

23811942464_d092045c22_k.jpg

I like the 2 connected caves on the left half of the tank.

What about taking that one arch shaped rock just in front of the right side of the overflow, remove it from where it's at and instead lay it on it's side at ground level, projecting forward toward the front of the tank from the rock on the far right.

I hope that made sense.

That might be more visually interesting.

Archived