SaltCritters.com

CAD 100G Artisan Build

LouDog3

Well, the cabinet was interesting with no directions; 2 days later it's finished. I still need to silicone the inside seems, probably next week. I installed some GE LED lights ( thanks for the idea Urbaneks) inside the cabinet. Wow, does it look amazing. I was really impressed with the auto sensing feature, especially when the dim to a lower level, it's the perfect amount of mood lighting.

Next will be on to the plumbing, and back to finishing the salt mixing station.

Sorry for the horrible pic. (quick cell phone shot)

6819397639_ac6e670fef_b.jpg

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was the build I original had in mind for my upgrade, but instead I opted for the smaller version. Looks like you've got your bases covered. Looking forward to seeing the outcome.

did u order the package or just the tank/skimmer ???

i went on the cad website and it shows this as a package deal with lights/tank/skimmer/pumps ?? can u order just the tank with what u want ??

did u order the package or just the tank/skimmer ???

i went on the cad website and it shows this as a package deal with lights/tank/skimmer/pumps ?? can u order just the tank with what u want ??

You can call and order whatever you want. Their communication is excellent.

I did the tank,stand,sump,skimmer.

did it drop the price a good amount without the lights ?? i really like this tank and am in the process of buying a house and would love to upgrade ????

have you head any reviews on the lights it comes with ??

Yes, they will adjust the price. (of course not full retail, but pretty close)

I am not sure about there lights. I didn't research them, since I knew I wanted Vertex, AI or Ecotech.

LouDog - Nice work on the stand. I'm glad that the under cabinet lights worked out for you. One word of caution, make sure they are either installed with screws or make sure if the double sided tape gives way that they are not directly above your water. A battery in your sump would not be good.

LouDog - Nice work on the stand. I'm glad that the under cabinet lights worked out for you. One word of caution, make sure they are either installed with screws or make sure if the double sided tape gives way that they are not directly above your water. A battery in your sump would not be good.

I couldn't agree more! Luckily, I am going to plumb the sump into my salt room.

It's going to take a lot of time. I still have to finish the basement before putting water in it :(

Dry wall is up and taped. Need to mud and sand. ( 2200 square feet) Then I need to have the floor put down.

Then my wife will let me finish my build. :)

Beautiful tank! How heavy was that tank and did you have any help move it in for you?

Me and a friend moved it. It's probably 150-200lbs.( just a guess).

Besides no instructions... what are your thoughts on the CAD walnut stand? Looks really nice from what I can tell. Still trying to decide if I get this stand along with the tank or diy a stand. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Besides no instructions... what are your thoughts on the CAD walnut stand? Looks really nice from what I can tell. Still trying to decide if I get this stand along with the tank or diy a stand. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Also interested in the same tho I ordered the white cabinet.

I am going to need to drill the sides of the stand to install some PC fans (one in one out).

I think it's a really decent cabinet. I would rate it an 8 out of 10. It has the apperance of high quality,(everybody that sees it comments on how nice it looks) but I wouldn't say hey "everybody" you need this stand. I am very happy with the looks and the materials. Could it be a little nicer, of course. DIY may have more strenghth (because you can over build it a little), and you can put your own molding on it, and your own stain, but I don't have the skills or time to build one. If i could buy a different stand would I, probably not, beacuse I like the style. And it fits the glass perfect. The foot print of the tank and stand are exact. Also, looking at the ELOS stand build on you tube, it looks the same. (I am not sure on the qualtiy of the wood.) But the way they are shipped, and assembled, they pretty much look the same. Hope that helps

Archived