Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Reefcleaners filter feeder food

patback

I have some moderate to high light requiring corals, but still am weary on getting a clam at this point. However, I am thinking that when it comes time to change my bulbs, I will just shell out a few extra bucks and get the DIY dimmable 36 led kit from aqua style. As for feeding the clam, this filter feeder food would be sufficient, correct? My other corals love it, and have had noticeable growth and color enhancement with it. If I fed the other corals, the particles floating around the 10 gallon tank are okay, right? I don't want to have to take the clam out to feed.

As it is right now, my tank is low on nitrates, but there are still always those little bits of organics floating around, even without feeding for a week or 2. Is even this sufficient? Thanks for your help

I really doubt you'd need to remove it to feed your tank.

You should be fine - i never had any problems w/ my clam in my 20 gallon tank - the pistol is what killed my clam, it felt that it was invading its space and buried it in its cave

Side note: In the sticky in the sub forum, it says that you shouldn't have any bristle worms , is tht a myth? I have lots, and I actually like them as part of my cleanup crew. I'm actually more worried about my peppermint shrimp with my corals than I am with the bristles.

ahh not really a myth persay - they are known to nibble on the clam - Some have more troubles than others - as long as your feeding normal i cant imagine a problem

When I got my clam the bristleworms feed on the mucus the clam created during shipping, had me worried, but now i never see a bristleworm by the foot....

Archived