Cultivated Reef

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

You can have whatever you like!

You thinky...I makey

You're making custom tanks with dimensions exceeding 24 inches now? Please say it ain't so, as I just ordered elsewhere. AaaaaaaaaaaaaAAaaa!

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicO Aquariums
Hey I'm a college student I'm cheap! And you building my tidal aquarium will break the bank for sure :D

JK besides I don't condone underage drinking. "I think that's what the responsible thing to say is" :P

Yea I will be working up the quote on that tonight so get ready!

You're making custom tanks with dimensions exceeding 24 inches now? Please say it ain't so, as I just ordered elsewhere. AaaaaaaaaaaaaAAaaa!

Yeppers!

Freight shipping ain't cheap but I finaly got some time to set it up.

JK besides I don't condone underage drinking. "I think that's what the responsible thing to say is" :P

Yea I will be working up the quote on that tonight so get ready!

Yeppers!

Freight shipping ain't cheap but I finaly got some time to set it up.

Nope neither does the military. That's ok though because good food is universal and good drink doesn't always have ethanol in it, it's the company that counts. But haha oh boy I can't wait to see!

PicO Aquariums
Nope neither does the military. That's ok though because good food is universal and good drink doesn't always have ethanol in it, it's the company that counts. But haha oh boy I can't wait to see!

You should pickup and save yourself a bunch of money

You should pickup and save yourself a bunch of money

Yeah I probably will since I won't get the pay I'm gonna use on it until summer anyway.

PicO Aquariums
Whoa! What tank is that big one on the far left? And I think I see my Ridge 24! :P

That was a custom 15 x 15 x 20 tall. Great size, it is a very cool tank!

Yes you found a Waldo!

Your tank is drilled for the chiller and gets cleaned and packed up Monday for shipping.

Just so you know you will need to install the chiller when you get it. can't ship it installed.

I am going to PM you my number so you can call if you have any questions when you get it.

Very easy to install but just in case.

Cool! I figured that I would have to install it after shipping. It seems the safer way. No rush on the tank Chris! And thanks for the heads up! Glad to see its coming along smoothly.

northeastern

Do custom tanks cost considerably more? I'd love a more long style tank with the custom aio back insert around 20 gallons. Obviously not overly specific just wondering if this is something that can be done,

PicO Aquariums
Do custom tanks cost considerably more? I'd love a more long style tank with the custom aio back insert around 20 gallons. Obviously not overly specific just wondering if this is something that can be done,

Yes it can be done. The bad part about getting outside the sizes I have on the site is The fact that shipping freight jumps to $150 minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

got my DB 18 tonight but haven't got the time to actually inspect the aquarium. got in late and just unpacked it. initial thought, nice, but havent given it the good inspection for workmanship or scratches, nor have i given it the leak test.

^ Nice cant wait for mine! Got most of my custom stand done for my tank today, Should finish it up on Friday! I think we all have swamped Chris with Lots of work!

Deleted User 4

Hello there Chris,

I'm planning on ordering a manta ray 18 in about a week or so, just curious as to do you still have the free refugium light deal on tank orders, thanks. Also, umm how much would an aio custom of 17x17x11 (11 being the height, resembles very close to the manta ray 18 but taller) costs? Thanks, still deciding on what to get and saving up the money for these kinds of deals.

From Ben

So i just got my new aquarium from picoaquariums.com and finally had the chance to look it over, water leak test, fill it, and almost completely install all the necessary equipment that i've assembled to run a nano.

1. My first impressions when i got the package was "this aquarium is packed really well". I opened it up and realized the glass was not as thick as the temporary aquarium i'm replacing. At first i was alittle dissapointed but after filling it up, i didn't notice the glass to be any thinner when filled with water and that the clarity was alittle better, i would assume because the glass thickness was less so less distortion. That was a huge plus! I didn't miss the thickness of the glass anymore and besides the glue used had a border which made the glass look thick.

2. The filtration on the back was alittle off, meaning that the slide out filter box that is suppose to fit into the groove didn't fit properly. It's not that big a deal but figured i'd mention it since i'm reviewing the quality of the aquarium build.

3. other than those comments, i do like the aquarium alot. The pump is sufficient and runs extreemely quiet. I cannot hear anything even with my ear right up against the aquarium. I also need to mention the filter box having the ability to raise/lower the display water height! That is an awesome feature! it's actually what made me cancel the tank i ordered locally and went with picoaquarium! Overall i'd order this tank again. If the filter box had fit perfectly i'd rate this a 10 out of 10 but since it wasn't perfect i'd give it a 9.5 :lol:

here's a few pictures of the aquarium

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

PicO Aquariums

looks great. and the stand looks great with it!

Sorry about the back groove. The issue has been fixed with it. I had a decimal point in the wrong place on the CAM file that shifted that back grove over about .100". The glass is 1/4" all the units on the sire are 1/4". 3/8" gets pretty hard to ship and is overkill on tanks this small and like you said it helps a bit more with clarity too!

What's the stocking plans?

looks great. and the stand looks great with it!

Sorry about the back groove. The issue has been fixed with it. I had a decimal point in the wrong place on the CAM file that shifted that back grove over about .100". The glass is 1/4" all the units on the sire are 1/4". 3/8" gets pretty hard to ship and is overkill on tanks this small and like you said it helps a bit more with clarity too!

What's the stocking plans?

Well my stocking plans for corals are sps, lps, and some softies mostly rics. There is a learning curve for the leds so right now im getting used to these lights. As far as fish, ill get gobies and some inverts. We'll see as time goes on. Im more into corals so ill stock fish lightly. Btw if the glass was 3/8" , it would not be cost effective to ship. The temp tank i took down is heavy!

Thanks and yes this stand is pretty nice. Its pretty well built. I got one of the last remainding stands available as these are no longer in production. I forgot the name of the stand but can look it up if need be.

^ reefsahoy tank looks great.. I should be picking my custom picO up soon and can't wait to use the adjustable baffle to raise or lower water level, that's so freakin awesome! How do you like the jbj ato? I'm undecided between that and the tunze one.

^ reefsahoy tank looks great.. I should be picking my custom picO up soon and can't wait to use the adjustable baffle to raise or lower water level, that's so freakin awesome! How do you like the jbj ato? I'm undecided between that and the tunze one.

thanks, the jbj works. i don't know about other atos because i havent used any but once it works i can't imagine why pay more. i got this one used for $50 to my front door and it has worked perfectly. As for the level adjusting, it's really works awesome. i've had other rimless where the water level is too close to the top and everytime i would move a cleaning magnet i'd have water on the outside of the tank. then i'd have to clean the outside of the tank too. that was a real pain in the a$$. but now with the level adjust i can avoid all that.

Archived