SaltCritters.com

Storing Saltwater/RODI Water

Wizzy

Quick question about the BRUTE TRASH CAN:

The lid snaps on, however it's not sealed tight. There is a tiny bit of ventilation.

It's tight enough to keep out debris, however there is some room for air to move in and out.

I can't think of any way that this could hurt anything....Anyone know if this is bad? Should I get new lids??

Thanks!!!! :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lid snaps on, however it's not sealed tight. There is a tiny bit of ventilation.

It's tight enough to keep out debris, however there is some room for air to move in and out.

I can't think of any way that this could hurt anything....Anyone know if this is bad? Should I get new lids??

I've never noticed an issue. I've kept RODI in the garage in a 30G Brute for years and it stays at 0tds. You probably should disconnect and clean out the container every once in a while, but I honestly have only done that 1 time in 3 years and it was more because I let my filters go longer than I should and the RODI unit was putting out >0 tds.

I've never noticed an issue. I've kept RODI in the garage in a 30G Brute for years and it stays at 0tds. You probably should disconnect and clean out the container every once in a while, but I honestly have only done that 1 time in 3 years and it was more because I let my filters go longer than I should and the RODI unit was putting out >0 tds.

Awesome, so a little ventilation wont' hurt anything it sounds like?

I'll keep an eye on the TDS....as long as I'm testing 0, should be good?

Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!

Pretty much, at least that's the way I always understood it.

Thanks!!!

You may get a little evaporation but if it's 0 tds, it's still 0 tds. It will be fine :)

You may get a little evaporation but if it's 0 tds, it's still 0 tds. It will be fine :)

Pretty much, at least that's the way I always understood it.

Thanks fellas!! :D

Just put a brick on top of it.

These are food safe and have a very secure lid (said will keep ants out!). Wide mouth, easy to get pumps etc in. Good ATO bucket as well.

More expensive than Home Depot though.

http://www.petsmart.com/dog/storage-scoops/vittle-vault-pet-food-container-zid36-6702/cat-36-catid-100071;pgid=vvFMiX4CD8pSRpKIYiuJkxm20000aV3YpMlC;sid=YL9MehDCaJNPekZdYDkLfiLICRbVAt8c8nPMHKwX?var_id=36-6702&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Archived