Cultivated Reef

260 Gallon Reef Tank ~ A 7 Footer!

TheWAND

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishez4alivin
Decided on a final flow layout finally. Beyond the return pump, additional flow is going to be provided by 3 MP60wES.

I have a MP60W and I would go with a MP60W one on each end of the tank, and then a MP40wES on the back pane....the tank isn't deep enough to really warrant the third MP60w, unless you turn it down to 50%, the cross flow is going to make water splash all over the eurobracing and you will probably have a salt creep issue. But the tank looks very sweet, I'm curious how LeeMar made the teeth for the overflow. On my tank they have the glass routed and have 1/2 acrylic with routed teeth glued to it...

saltwatercoral
Testing the new 100 /2.8 L Macro. This is the Vertex Illumina LED setup. Every foot has two of these panels which brings the total to 12 for the 6 foot fixture. Brighter than any other LED I've seen.

IMG_1485.jpg

I dont know why I did not notice this before but you have a 6ft Vertex lum! :o Thats some insane $ on lights! But that is awsome! Have you had any experience with Aqua Illuminiation and if not what made you go with the Vertex Lum?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry didn't realize there was responses to this thread. I went with Vertex for the aesthetics of it. I have AI on a smaller system, but the controllability and modularity of the Vertex can't be beat.

There's a few tester coral in the tank right now, but a bunch of fish have been added. Both sumps have every last inch of space filled with rubble from a friend's store.

Other than that, just a bunch of diatoms to tell me the cycle's near done.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a good while since my last update, but the tank has since been fully cycled and up and running for a bit. We've begun the stocking phase. Here's how it's looking now.

IMG_4775.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

• Like 1
Love the pipefish! How well does he do with his tankmates?

The pipefish don't get bothered by the other fish. They are in the tank in case any red bugs get past the dipping process so I have peace of mind when adding new pieces to the tank. The melanarus wrasses and the pipefish were put in mostly for utility purposes since they can take care of aefw problems and red bug problems most of the time before they get out of hand.

Thanks for the replies all!

Here are a few pictures detailing how the tank is set up with a few of the tank during the sunset mode on the light.

This is where the water drains into filter socks:

IMG_5081.jpg

Here is a view of the first sump stage. It drains down into the second sump on the far left. The second sump has no equipment other than heaters and pumps leading to various reactors and the main display.

IMG_5082.jpg

We still need to have the stand skinned as well as have a cabinet made to conceal the equipment area.

FTS at sunset:

IMG_5104.jpg

Light Detail:

IMG_5114.jpg

Fish getting ready to bed down.

IMG_5116.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

• 2 months later...
Hoosierfan

How is the pipefish doing? I just bought a 90, and in addition to my current clown and YWG, I'm planning on getting a Yellow Tang, a few wrasses, and hopefully a pipefish.

revaltion131
Screw the tank I want his lenses :D

No kidding! I want the aquascape, too. Nice tank, will definitely enjoy watching the thread!

How is the pipefish doing? I just bought a 90, and in addition to my current clown and YWG, I'm planning on getting a Yellow Tang, a few wrasses, and hopefully a pipefish.

Pipefish are doing fine. They've taken to frozen food too!

Screw the tank I want his lenses :D

Maybe in little doses.

Moar pics plz

Will do. Just came off a week vacation so I've been flying under the radar.

No kidding! I want the aquascape, too. Nice tank, will definitely enjoy watching the thread!

Thanks!

I was Actually considering running my new tank with a dedicated display refugium off to the left, with equipment underneath. Any problems with your dual sump set up?

I was Actually considering running my new tank with a dedicated display refugium off to the left, with equipment underneath. Any problems with your dual sump set up?

No. It makes equipment access far easier than the standard setup.

Have some update pictures as requested, but no FTS as we are currently in the process of skinning the stand (yes finally!).

Red Dragon Growth

IMG_7817.jpg

IMG_7819.jpg

Another interesting one that turned purple under the Vertex lighting

IMG_7821.jpg

Gold base on this one is really starting to color up!

IMG_7822.jpg

Loripes? It's starting to encrust

IMG_7827.jpg

Archived