Innovative Marine Aquariums

Something wrong with molly?

Squared

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
drunkenmonk21

How long has she been in the tank? the ones that died on me died the first night. Others are doing great and are now ignoring the damsel lol. And eating algae off the back glass non-stop.

she's been in for 2-3 days now.

here are some pics of her:

DSCN1635.JPG

DSCN1636.JPG

DSCN1639.JPG

can you see how the gills are kinda flared out? not red. also gut is getting smaller, not eating.

here is the male, wondering if will need a second round of EM:

DSCN1640.JPG

DSCN1641.JPG

Dalmation died. Was dying in the reef, I overreacted, put it in qt. dead. Would have died any way though.

Salinity in qt is 1.021, male is fine. Longer acclimation for the next one...for sure.

drunkenmonk21

I bought 4 new females today. That was before I realized that I had a male/female pair left. Thought i had only 2 males. They have been acclimating all day and im about to put them in the tank now.

What are the benefits of having a Molly in a saltwater aquarium. I think it would be cool just being able to convert the fish from freshwater to saltwater. I read an article in my aquarium magazine about being able to bring them over since they are found in reefs in the wild. Although the colors of saltwater fish are extraordinary and unless there is a major benefit in having a molly in a saltwater tank I wouldn't waste the time. After reading this post I am assuming that they eat the algae in the tank. Are they really worth placing in the tank rather than just using snails and hermits? I haven't had any issues with either of those and I feel that they add character to the tank. Having more than just fish and corals in the tank.

Please enlighten me and I may join in on the fun too! :)

They are not found on reefs. Farthest they are found are on the coast, in estuaries or something like the.

Some do eat algae, but I. Not really sure if all will.

Other than that, I added them because they are pretty. Just go to petsmart and look at the Molly's, there are so many colors and patterns to choose from.

In my opinion the colors that come from saltwater fish are a lot more vibrant than any freshwater fish I have seen. The body shape of the molly has always turned me away as well. That and none of the LFS near me have a healthy mollies that I would put into a saltwater aquarium.

no need to troll.

Google saltwater mollies, has been done a million times before with plenty of success.

I'm guessing you are new to the hobby?

Haha yeah I know,I actually have a figure 8 puffer in my tank.

Haha yeah I know,I actually have a figure 8 puffer in my tank.

In ur reef?

In my opinion the colors that come from saltwater fish are a lot more vibrant than any freshwater fish I have seen. The body shape of the molly has always turned me away as well. That and none of the LFS near me have a healthy mollies that I would put into a saltwater aquarium.

There are ugly freshwater and ugly saltwater fish

The Molly I got is just as vibrant as my Midas or clown

Not even coral?

To my surprise no,the gsp knocked out alot of my zoas and alot of my lps.

It might be because he's small,but either way I'm happy with him

Not doing anything bad.

I might pickup a "white/silver" Molly and do a 2 day acclimation Saturday and see how that goes.

Try it, and report back here

How big is the little puffer?

Also the Molly is in full reef salt now :). And eating lots of pellets.

Try it, and report back here

How big is the little puffer?

Also the Molly is in full reef salt now :). And eating lots of pellets.

Yeah I will.stoked to have a all white fish in the tank+the actinics might might have a cool

Effect.

I'd say he's about 3/4 to an inch.

Sweeet,are you feeding it marine pellets?

Yeah I will.stoked to have a all white fish in the tank+the actinics might might have a cool

Effect.

I'd say he's about 3/4 to an inch.

Sweeet,are you feeding it marine pellets?

Yep. Eats brine too.

Archived