inTank Media Baskets

Saltwater pond

Mr.zissou

Guest bill.garrett
Gives me ideas for my swimming pool. :D

My only concern would be jumping, but if the tank is deep enough?

L

My concern would be runoff, like the runoff from whatever you're cleaning the floor around the pond with (or that room may get funky after a while.

Awesome idea, though!

My concern would be runoff, like the runoff from whatever you're cleaning the floor around the pond with (or that room may get funky after a while.

Awesome idea, though!

whoops! Forgot about that one. Good point!

L

Awesome idea, though!

my LFS has a saltwater pond. Theirs has a 3" or 4" curb/lip around it which should take care of that issue. As long as you're careful and don't splash the floor cleaner.

Not to mention, you could just clean the floor with RO/DI. Then even if a trace amount got in the pond it shouldn't really affect anything.

AquaticEngineer

I'm turning a used hot tub into a coldwater marine pond this summer in my backyard. Just waiting for the right sized hot tub to pop up for free on craigslist with a burned out heating element B)

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of low light corals, but I would think that they must have the main light off in that video because the whole room appears to be the same brightness.

• 2 weeks later...

On tonmo.com, there was a guy who kept an outdoor saltwater pond to breed feeder shrimp for his octopus. He even put an anemone in it and it thrived.

He kept stuff from getting in by making it look like a covered well, with a tall lip.

Archived