I guess it's time to start my build thread to keep track of the progress and because
- Oceanic BioCube 29
- Oceanic BioCube 29 Stand
This thing is garbage. It is flimsy and shaky. Do not waste your money on one! You heard it here first!
- RapidLED dimmable 24 LED retrofit kit.
10 cool white, 10 cool blue and 4 UV LEDs + extra 700mA Ballast,
so I can turn UV LED on/off independently from the rest of the things.
- Hydor Koralia 425 Powerhead
- Hydor Koralia 240 Powerhead
- EcoTech MP10esW
- 2 x Hydor Theo 50w Heaters.
2 x Eheim Jager 100w Heaters.
I first purchased these, but realized how HUGE they are, so I had to order Hydor ones,
which are half the size of Eheim. I am going to keep Eheim heaters for future ATO and
Automatic Water Change systems.
- Neptune Systems Apex AquaController
A must have item for any self-respecting nerd
- MarineDepot Refracometer
- AquaticLife 115 Mini Skimmer
- Maxi-Jet 1200 to use as a return pump
- inTank Media basket
- inTank Fuge basket
- ATI Reef Master Water Test Kit for Salt water.
- 2 x 15lb bag of Carib Sea Aragonite Sand
15lb was not enough. 30lb is too much. Taking some out
- 40lb of assorted Fiji live rock
Definitely an overkill. Will take some out
- Pre-made salt water from LFS to start.
Not sure if i keep getting it from them, or mix it myself. TBD later.
- Filter Floss
- Purigen 100ml
- Chemi Pure Elite 11.74oz
Future Planned Purchases:
- Apex WXM Module to wirelessly control MP10 using Apex AquaController.
- 2 x Ocellaris Clownfish
- 2 x Firefish
- 1 x Randall's Goby
- 1 x Pink Tube Anemone
- 1 x Purple Tube Anemone died
- 1 x Green BTA
- 2 x Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
- 1 x Emerald Crab
- 6 x Assorted Hermits
- Tons of snails
- 4 x Assorted birdsnests
- 3 x Assorted Ricordea Mushrooms
- 1 x Red Mushroom
- 1 x Yellow/Green Candy Cane
- 1 x Green Hammer (or a Frogspawn. Getting conflicting IDs on this one)
- 1 x Galaxea Coral.
- 1 x Devil's Hand Leather
- 4 x Assorted Zoas (Orange Bam Bam, Watermelon, Neon Dragon Eyes and one i have no idea about)
- 1 x Electric Grinch Acan
- 1 x Some kind of Acan Echinata
- 3 x Pulsing Xenia
I did not want to run ethernet cable from my networking closet (where ethernet switches are) to the tank. There was no nice way to do it. I then realized that I had a pile of Linksys wireless routers sitting in the closet. Flushed one with DD-WRT firmware, put in in a bridge mode, and attached Apex to the Linksys via ethernet. Now my tank has wireless internets.
Edited by solefald, 13 April 2012 - 12:38 PM.