SaltCritters.com

RB RB NW

mmcguffi

Hi I was wondering if the 2RB, 1NW stars were the exact size of 'normal' LEDs? and that means the are 20mm in diameter right? Am I correct in saying that I could arrange 7 LEDs (of the 2RB,1NW mixed with other 'normal' LEDs) in a cohesive honeycomb pattern?

http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/cree-xt-e-royal...te-3-up-2-pack/

e.g. shape

influence_honeycomb.gif

also what would be the diameter of this honeycomb? 60mm?

that seems awfully small

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
Hi I was wondering if the 2RB, 1NW stars were the exact size of 'normal' LEDs? and that means the are 20mm in diameter right? Am I correct in saying that I could arrange 7 LEDs (of the 2RB,1NW mixed with other 'normal' LEDs) in a cohesive honeycomb pattern?

http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/cree-xt-e-royal...te-3-up-2-pack/

e.g. shape

influence_honeycomb.gif

also what would be the diameter of this honeycomb? 60mm?

that seems awfully small

Yes and No

They are 20mm, But they have rounded edges so it wouldnt be a "tight" honeycomb pattern. Basically they are a "star" with rounded edges instead of pointy.

so the final honeycomb would be on the order of something like 70-80mm? would that cause any problems with overheating if I put them all on a small computer heat sink with a fan on top?

eg something like this

portable-round-cooler-heatsink-cpu-cooling-fan-black-and-white-22464n.jpg

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
so the final honeycomb would be on the order of something like 70-80mm? would that cause any problems with overheating if I put them all on a small computer heat sink with a fan on top?

eg something like this

portable-round-cooler-heatsink-cpu-cooling-fan-black-and-white-22464n.jpg

That heatsink should be adequate as long as the fan is running. And the honeycomb layout you have is about 80mm I think.

That heatsink should be adequate as long as the fan is running. And the honeycomb layout you have is about 80mm I think.

awesome, thanks a lot for the input milad

how does this layout look?

6758207925_35ee3486f4.jpg

Im planning on 3 separate channels--NW,CW--R,Tq--TV,TV,RB,RB,RB

would it be okay to have NW,CW,R,Tq all on one channel?

also Im confused--would I have to have 2 or 3 separate divers? what product on your site would I buy?

thanks!!

actually this is for a subgallon pico so if you have any less ridiculous overkill ideas Im all ears lol

I do want 'perfect' color though. I would rather go overkill than halfass it

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

That is going to look really good

CW and RB = about 14k

2RB and 1NW = about 14K

660nm, 495nm, 2x420nm is going to get you a nice white color just don't know what the color temp will be

Averaging it all out you are going to be close to 14.

Archived