Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

Ok so I've missed out on this thread for a while, but thought I would pop in to say hi! Glad you averted crisis earlier with the cloudy water, everything is looking perky again :)

Best of luck selling your stuff!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
I had a nice week in the mountains. The only thing that happened in my tank was a ricordea florida found it way over to the blastos and was snuggled up next to the bottom one. Good thing it only bothered one of the heads.

Very nice indeed and thanks for posting the pics

1. Knobby rock a little bigger than my fist half covered in green star polyps: $20

Front

DSCN0537.JPG

Left side

2012-07-12_20-10-52_664.jpg

Right side

2012-07-12_17-44-33_568.jpg

2. Large astrea shell with blue cloves: $5

2012-07-16_15-24-11_11.jpg

3. Rock a little smaller than my fist with blue cloves: $10

DSCN0542.JPG

4. Frag plug cover in brown zoas with blue centers, about 60 polyps: $15

2012-07-12_20-09-38_457.jpg

5. Green and purple blastomusa merletti, 5 heads: $25

2012-05-17_17-51-18_686.jpg

6. Green pinwheel palys, 5-6 polyps: $10

7. Pulsing xenia, 4 stalks: $5 each

2012-07-12_20-10-59_292.jpg

8. Orange bam bam zoas, 7 polyps: $20

2012-03-26_17-42-05_654.jpg

2012-05-14_01-13-27_462.jpg

9. Hammer, 2 branches: $15

2012-07-16_15-23-36_511.jpg

10. Orange/Gold ricordea florida, 2: $15 each

2012-07-12_20-11-40_353.jpg

11. Blue/teal ricordea florida: $15

2012-07-12_20-11-57_781.jpg

12. Rock with cloves, blue cloves, and a brown spotted mushroom (the blue cloves are going to eventually take over I think, so you may want to kill some back or separate them): $15

2012-07-16_15-23-32_496.jpg

13. Palm sized shell with 6 orange mushrooms that should be separated so they can grow more (these are really nice, almost iridescent) and 3 teal mushrooms with brown spots: $25

DSCN0534.JPG

2012-07-16_16-01-50_967.jpg

2012-05-14_01-14-25_313.jpg

2012-04-24_19-48-45_535.jpg

Close-up of mushrooms

2012-05-17_17-53-12_575.jpg

14. Pink/purple spotted mushroom, about the size of a dollar coin, as seen above: $10

15. Frag plug with 2 teal mushroom with brown spots and a few green stripped palys: $15

DSCN0538.JPG

2012-04-24_19-49-10_654.jpg

16. Frag plug with red spotted mushroom and several palys: $10

17. Frag disc with two blue/purple mushrooms (the other is on the same side on the back of the plug: $10

2012-07-16_15-24-03_683.jpg

18. Pavona, about 3 inches wide with several curls/layers: $30

2012-03-30_16-14-09_247.jpg

2012-05-14_23-27-25_57.jpg

2012-04-21_16-18-09_89.jpg

19. Red monti cap frag: $10

2012-07-12_20-14-17_767.jpg

20. Frag of pink cabbage leather: $5 each

21. Best for last are the ricordea yumas. I have seen this same color go online for $15-25 a head. I'll take that, just let me know what size you want. Some of mine are really big, like 2-3 inches diameter midday. Maybe I'll sell several of these then sell the whole rock with all the babies that I won't be able to get off for say $40-60, depending on how many are left. I have at least 30 heads total.

2012-07-09_16-32-07_910.jpg

A little closed in this photo to see the rock

2012-07-16_16-01-59_849.jpg

I also have a JBJ auto top off with pump for $50

Scuba how is the job search coming? I hadn't checked this thread in a while I forgot to tag it. I am currently a Senior year student, but I work for the school. If your interested in doing branding or packaging, my current design professor runs a Branding company in Savannah, check out www.letrco.com and send em your portfolio... I know you said you wanted to get out of the south, I am just trying to help a fellow designer/reefer out.

I also have seen alot of posts of Behance, about DISH network in Colorado looking for an in-house designer. I was able to find it for you: http://careers.dish.com/search-jobs/details.aspx?id=IRC40012

here is a list of GD jobs posted on Behance:

http://www.behance.net/joblist#sort=publis...d=44&page=1

Im interested in a few frags, but wont be getting paid for another week so I will check whats left then. Granted I live in Statesboro, I have a roommate back In Fayettville now, but I could easily make the drive up there or possibly halfway when the time comes.

It's too hot to ship but I'm liking some mushrooms and that pavona

Yes, it is. But I'm not in a rush.

Good for the pavona cause it might just be my favorite piece.

I meant to text you today too. I lost the fight with the nasties on the whammin' watermelons. They melted and I just threw it out. But not before the nasties attached to a healing green monti frag. I pull them off a couple times a week and have put it in a peroxide bath a couple times but they just come back. I'm tempted to just throw out that frag too... lose it instead of risk that stuff spreading.. hmm.

Scuba how is the job search coming? I hadn't checked this thread in a while I forgot to tag it. I am currently a Senior year student, but I work for the school. If your interested in doing branding or packaging, my current design professor runs a Branding company in Savannah, check out www.letrco.com and send em your portfolio... I know you said you wanted to get out of the south, I am just trying to help a fellow designer/reefer out.

I also have seen alot of posts of Behance, about DISH network in Colorado looking for an in-house designer. I was able to find it for you: http://careers.dish.com/search-jobs/details.aspx?id=IRC40012

here is a list of GD jobs posted on Behance:

http://www.behance.net/joblist#sort=publis...d=44&page=1

Im interested in a few frags, but wont be getting paid for another week so I will check whats left then. Granted I live in Statesboro, I have a roommate back In Fayettville now, but I could easily make the drive up there or possibly halfway when the time comes.

Hey xilez, job search it going. I'm applying to tons of stuff and looking in all kinds of places. Setting up on Behance is still on my list of things to do though. Thanks so much for the links. Letr & Co looks sweet. I do want to move out of the South but I'd be willing to following a job. My tank is at my parents house in Fayetteville so there's not rush on selling stuff. We'll work something out.

I just tested my water. I won't admit how long it's been.

Current Parameters:

83º

1.028 salinity

400mg/L calcium

0 nitrites

0 nitrates

8.0 pH

2 mEq/L :o

I just mixed a fourth teaspoon of Seachem Reef Builder with some distilled water and poured in there. I sure hope I did that math right...

I just tested my water. I won't admit how long it's been.

Current Parameters:

83º

1.028 salinity

400mg/L calcium

0 nitrites

0 nitrates

8.0 pH

2 mEq/L :o

I just mixed a fourth teaspoon of Seachem Reef Builder with some distilled water and poured in there. I sure hope I did that math right...

Hey there!!!! Hope you find the perfect job soon :)

Is mEq/L your alk reading?

Corals looks so nice. I'd love to have some of those mushrooms :)

Hey there!!!! Hope you find the perfect job soon :)

Is mEq/L your alk reading?

Corals looks so nice. I'd love to have some of those mushrooms :)

Yeah, I meant to put alkalinity. I'm surprised the corals don't show more signs of stress.

I'm actually hoping not to find a job but some kind of work exchange opportunity. I'm young, single, and have no ties holding me back! :)

Just let me know what you want! It's pretty hot right now though. I'm not in a rush. My parents have expressed interested in keeping it but I know they aren't going to take care of it enough if something went wrong. Plus I need to build up my funds B)

Hope you're doing well, Gena!

• 2 weeks later...

The rogue yuma.

I saw something odd the other morning and turned the white lights on early to catch these shots. This yuma looks like it was about to eat that little blue mushroom. I had to mess with it a good bit to get it to let go then moved the blue shroom away. It's been several days now and the shroom has still not fully recovered.

2012-07-21_12-14-54_88.jpg

2012-07-21_12-16-02_191.jpg

Then today I was mixing up saltwater when I noticed the same yuma bigger with more elongated polyps? tentacles? than the others. I watched it as it went from having just a couple polyps touching the nearby cabbage to grabbing a hold of it and extended up and towards it. I messed with it a bit and it quickly detached so I moved the yuma.

2012-07-29_16-02-32_664.jpg

2012-07-29_16-02-38_255.jpg

2012-07-29_16-03-30_923.jpg

I fed the tank mysis shrimp today and put a big pile on that yuma. Maybe that will satisfy it.

I went whitewater rafting down the middle Ocoee this weekend in Tennessee. The photographers got this great shot of my friends and I being launched out of the raft where all you can really see are my legs. Pretty hilarious.

2012-07-29_13-46-53_101.jpg

I've had two phone interviews for an AmeriCorps job in Seattle working with youth in YMCA programs for digital literacy and to become good citizens. I'm pretty excited and should hear later this week if I'm moving to Seattle :)

albertthiel
You has an alien masquerading as a yuma.

Kat are these the ones you are referring to ?

alien.png

alien1.png

Albert

Wow! I have never seen a yuma try and eat another coral..the fight for space!

LoL at the rafting pic :lol: I rafted the Ocoee years ago...so much fun but the water was freezing!

The rogue yuma.

That is just bizarre! I'm getting some enthusiastic sizes on my coral, but the only thing reproducing are the giant pink mushrooms!

I went whitewater rafting down the middle Ocoee this weekend in Tennessee. The photographers got this great shot of my friends and I being launched out of the raft where all you can really see are my legs. Pretty hilarious.

2012-07-29_13-46-53_101.jpg

LOL! I have a similar picture of me on the Nantahala, though we managed to stay in the boat. I sat across from a friend and we each "saved" each other from being ousted -- I stopped her from somersaulting over the far edge and she grabbed my life jacket and yanked me from being catapulted backwards. It was pretty funny!

I've had two phone interviews for an AmeriCorps job in Seattle working with youth in YMCA programs for digital literacy and to become good citizens. I'm pretty excited and should hear later this week if I'm moving to Seattle :)

CONGRATULATIONS! And what a great job that would be!

Just let me know what you want! It's pretty hot right now though. I'm not in a rush. My parents have expressed interested in keeping it but I know they aren't going to take care of it enough if something went wrong. Plus I need to build up my funds B)

Hope you're doing well, Gena!

Yumas omgomgomg

When it cools down :)

I'm doing great, thanks!!!!! Any news on the Seattle job yet????? fingerscrossed

That rafting shot is awesome!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived