ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

and Ethan is loving it

:blush:

;) I wish someone would talk salty to me! :P

Want me to come over and check your parameters?

All is well in the tank. I've been busy. I'm a stud. I'm now looking on NR for a used, all-blue Panorama Pro strip (finally).

Want me to come over and check your parameters?

All is well in the tank. I've been busy. I'm a stud. I'm now looking on NR for a used, all-blue Panorama Pro strip (finally).

No dipstick tests! :P

Welcome back! So many have been MIA lately!

Do you already have an LED fixture in there? If not, go for the blue white mix instead of an all blue or blue/red. Ideally, I would suggest two blue/whites and one blue/red. That's what I have and it's great!!!!!

No dipstick tests! :P

:o

Welcome back! So many have been MIA lately!

Do you already have an LED fixture in there? If not, go for the blue white mix instead of an all blue or blue/red. Ideally, I would suggest two blue/whites and one blue/red. That's what I have and it's great!!!!!

I have one Panorama Pro white/blue. I would love to have some without white so I can see all the cool colors and have it on a slightly longer photo period for a morning/dusk effect. I have a separate power supply and timer already. I just need the strip!

Hi :happydance:

Hi B)

Update on my love life. I got two, count them, TWO numbers last weekend. One never responded. She was drunk when we danced/made out haha. The other I paid to get drinks. We had fun conversation but meh... I don't want to pursue anything. It's only been three weeks single! I'm so excited for this weekend.

My green monti is coming back. So I want to get the extra light to help it. I need to do a photo dump.

I highly recommend adding the blue/magenta module + a dimmer if you're sticking with Panorama Pros. Several kinda meh zoanthid colonies that I thought were just neon green (Nuclear Green Dragon's Eyes?) have started to develop a purple ring around the skirt, and on others the oranges actually look orange now! Plus I now see why people get smaller colonies of only 2-3 polyps...they really started to bud off new ones like mad after adding it.

Still wish I could find a good looking fixture that would hide the clutter...someone here on NR had an awesome one he had designed/had prototyped a few months ago. Maybe a project for a rainy day once things get back to normal around the house.

I kinda blame Metrokat for the foray into custom lighting...reading the retrofit thread of her BioCube got me to ditch the ~6000K pendent that comes with the Aquastyle 9 in favor of something a bit stronger and customizable away from the Smurf-Blue hue that many LED setups have.

BTW - Kudos on getting back in the game!

Time for a photo dump.

I was going to ask you all how to remove this new green hair algae from inbetween the zoas on this plug but....

2012-04-27_20-14-40_296.jpg

The snails have done a good job so far. I'm impressed they can work their way out over that frag rack.

2012-04-21_16-17-39_508.jpg

Birdsnest still doing well.

2012-04-21_16-17-45_484.jpg

Pavona is good. Little red monti frag has a bit of brown on the tip but I have been moving it around a lot. This should be a better place for it now.

2012-04-21_16-18-09_89.jpg

Not the best photo, but the green monti is not completely lost. New polyps have extended along the back line. I've been meaning to break off the left part that is just dead.

2012-04-24_19-53-58_963.jpg

Xenia has walked from the little shell it came on to up and over the nearby base rock. It also has two new stalks. The caulerpa is growing a lot now too.

2012-04-21_16-18-43_298.jpg

This hammer was cut-to-buy. It has healed well. I love the purple backdrop on that rock.

2012-04-21_16-19-50_236.jpg

Blue cloves are actually growing on the base of these cloves. They extended upwards since reworking the rockscape. The "leper mushroom" is finally growing too.

2012-04-21_16-20-02_275.jpg

GSP growing of course.

2012-04-21_16-20-30_189.jpg

Stranger is no longer a stranger! I still haven't fully IDed it, but it is no longer shy! It continued to eat while I put my hand in to target fed and it actually took some mysis from my tweezers.

2012-04-24_19-47-39_204.jpg

2012-04-24_19-47-54_401.jpg

Anyone have any idea why the palys are not extending their tentacles very much? They have been closed a good bit for the last couple of weeks. I did a quick google search and didn't find an answer. I need to test water... I've been lazy... :mellow:

2012-04-21_16-18-23_839.jpg

Blastos are such slow growers but looking back at photos from the past four months, they HAVE grown :)

2012-04-21_16-05-32_131.jpg

Have I mentioned how much I love shrooms? :lol:

2012-04-24_19-48-45_535.jpg

2012-04-24_19-49-24_619.jpg

2012-04-07_14-29-50_397.jpg

2012-04-21_16-04-48_571.jpg

The 5+ year old grandaddy scarlet hermit.

2012-04-21_16-05-07_706.jpg

Fullish tank shot.

2012-04-21_16-02-52_285.jpg

Here's a little video while the pumps were off for feeding. Stranger is so funny when it waves it's claws around. I was taking video to try and show you all that they did the cupid shuffle. But, of course, once I started rolling, no more showing off.

To do list:

change water and test

get another Panorama pro strip (Everyone be on the lookout for a used one! Kat is helping too :bowdown:)

change purigen and chemipure

get black Krylon paint

look for girls that think my addiction hobby is cool

Funny story: the new black clown pulled a disappearing act Saturday. I took apart everything in the back chambers and still didn't see it. Luckily she was NOT dead in the filter. I went to dinner and came back and finally found her swimming back there and did some careful maneuvering to get her out. She's quite shy. Guess she pushed against my DIY fish wall. Good thing my DIY filter intake cover worked!

Lovely pics of the rics and shrooms! I really like the frag rack, too. I don't have anything to frag yet, but if I did, I have a corner all clear for it. Glad to see you've been out and about ;).

Thanks Kat and banshee!

I highly recommend adding the blue/magenta module + a dimmer if you're sticking with Panorama Pros.

BTW - Kudos on getting back in the game!

Thanks for the recommendation. That's my first choice. I already have a spare transformer and a dimmer, so I'm just looking for the used strip. I'm so excited to get one. When I do, I'll need to do some more DIY work under my hood :lol:

Lovely pics of the rics and shrooms! I really like the frag rack, too. I don't have anything to frag yet, but if I did, I have a corner all clear for it. Glad to see you've been out and about ;).

I had no intention of keeping all that stuff on the frag rack. Now that I rearranged and I know the rock is sturdy, I was going to place everything. But I like it there, it's a good spot for light and flow, and fills in the tank nicely giving it a nice curved/cove feeling in the middle to balance the tank. I think you or Gena mentioned the zen garden thing? lol. I'm far from that, but I do like balance.

Archived