Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

:( I feel bad.

New clown is acclimated and in the tank. I don't see any specific clownfish behavior that I know of yet, but It and Bozo are swimming together, almost running into each other. So I guess that's good.

I gotta go do stuff this afternoon then I'll post the video I took of them meeting. Hopefully it was love at first site :wub:

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new one is bigger and mocha, just like Bailey was. So I assume this means it will become the female and turn completely black? We'll see.

2012-04-15_13-51-26_966.jpg

Perspective doesn't show you here, but the new one really is bigger.

2012-04-15_13-52-37_133.jpg

The video I took doesn't want to move from my phone to the computer. Sorry.

POOP! I'm sorry you lost the GCG, that stinks. He was so cute :(

But yay new clown :D

He was cute :mellow:

there's going to be fighting in the tank till they establish who is queen. Name for the new fishy?

Oreo?

Yeah but at least they didn't try to kill each other. This morning they were sleeping together. Oreo? Maybe. Perhaps I should wait a week before naming lol. She was born 8-3-11 so that puts her a couple months younger than Bozo, yet larger.

The new clown is cute! I hope she does okay!

Yeah I plan to get another. I'm gonna let the clowns settle in together and go through a few water changes then I'll start looking for another green clown goby.

I modded the filter intake with a sponge so no body is getting stuck there. And I cut a larger strip on eggcrate and wrapped mesh around it so I'll be surprised if I fish gets in the back now. I'm not uploading photos cause the mods are so cheap looking haha.

Bummer, Ethan.

Resolve weakened by your example, I opted to get a YCG from Pure Reef earlier this week. Neat little guy...is everywhere in my tank! Haven't seen any local stores peddling the green ones lately.

I've been to a couple of ARC meetings this year, joined back in December. My tank wasn't quite ready for coral as of the February swap (damn zoa pox!), but a couple of people have frags waiting in the wings for me in the next month or so.

No more fishy cemetery back there!

How is everything else? Life in general? Other tank inhabitants? Corals?

Yeah!

Life is going okay. Other tanks inhabitants are fine. Some of the corals have good days and bad days. Like palys or blastos will be closed but open and big the next day. I've heard of polyp cycles? Or either I just happen to see it right after a hermit or the peppermint shrimp bothered them, which happens quite a bit.

Glad you got the problem areas sorted out. Hopefully your next GCG won't be so adventurous!

I hope so too! haha

Bummer, Ethan.

Resolve weakened by your example, I opted to get a YCG from Pure Reef earlier this week. Neat little guy...is everywhere in my tank! Haven't seen any local stores peddling the green ones lately.

I've been to a couple of ARC meetings this year, joined back in December. My tank wasn't quite ready for coral as of the February swap (damn zoa pox!), but a couple of people have frags waiting in the wings for me in the next month or so.

Awesome! Metrokat was telling me how different the YCG and GCG act and swim.

I've only been to one ARC meeting that was a few years ago. I was in LA for a conference during the big February swap. Boo :( I'm glad you got some things lined up! Let me know if I have anything you want and we can talk B)

95% of my corals came from local reefers from ARC and that's definitely the way to go. Healthier from less transport, you can see it before you buy it, don't take directly from the ocean, cheaper, etc.

####. I just lost the green clown goby the same way I lost the clownfish.

Arg!! Any chance that there's something yummy living back there that the fish might be chasing? If Bozette knew of how many pods I rinse off the biofilter each week, she'd probably be trying to get into the back chambers, too.

Yep! I wanna know about the new clown, too, because I may try that route again when Rain dies (which is probably happening as we speak -- I don't know why and am not sure if that bug riding his back had anything to do with it, but he's not eating and clearly wasting away. He is such a beautiful fish, and I will miss him).

They seem to be doing fine. Not super buddy buddy but I haven't seen any bad behavior. However, I was gone Wednesday night to exchange stuff with the ex and last night I fell asleep shortly after getting home. Guess I was tired. Not a single plan for this weekend though. So I'll be watching them more.

msscha: I'm not sure about the pod idea. How would they know they are back there if there is any?

And I'm sorry to hear about Rain :( It's sad when you know something isn't right but you don't know what or how to fix it.

surgicalsense
Yes :flower:

Here's Yoda in his bed of yumas.

2012-04-12_21-09-35_447.jpg

:lol: I understand now why you called the little guy Yoda.

Very cute and wee tiny. Does the fish get any larger then this?

From now on we want an update on the hour Mr. Scooby.

:flower: '

Have a great weekend

I could never keep up with that haha. Found some friends to go out with tomorrow night B)

:lol: I understand now why you called the little guy Yoda.

Very cute and wee tiny. Does the fish get any larger then this?

Don't know if you saw but it had the same demise at my female clown: filter intake. I now have all kinds of precautions set up. I got a clown replacement and will probably get another green clown goby in the near future. It was bigger than my clowns! I think it was full grown. My clowns are just teeny weeny at under a year old :wub:

Love the tank! Sorry to hear about Yoda tho, live and learn I guess.

While going through your thread I got to the section about losing women to religion. So sorry to hear mate, that's what happened to me yesterday about 5 minutes before one of the biggest interviews I've ever had.

Blows...

That sucks dude! Horrible timing. Live and learn with that too haha.

It has taken me a couple weeks to pick myself up. But last night I went out and got a girl's number :)

Sweet avatar.

Archived