Coral Vue Hydros

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

I've only began getting microbubbles after putting in the stronger water pump -- in my tank, it is related to water level and the pull through the back chambers. If I did something to increase the flow, even the occasional blast I get would go away. I do notice that I get the waterfall burbling when my filters are dirty. I am currently only using the biomax 14 standard filter, but after just two weeks, it is brown brown brown and hosting all kinds of critters (they come flying off when I rinse it at the 1/2 way point). So, I change that filter every 2 weeks now and most of the burbling has gone away. I am not using anything else in the tank right now -- no chemipure, no filter floss, nothing but the LR, LS, and halimeda in the tank (all my cheato disappeared). I seem to be at a nice balance point since both the cyano and the diatom have gone away.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good reminder! I think I need to change my chemipure and purigen this weekend! I might wait a little longer though since there hasn't been much bioload for very long. I can't wait to see pics of your green clown goby perching all over your tank!

I definitely gotta work on that now. Thanks for the tip msscha! Banshee, I love you sig photo :)

This morning I could see the green clown goby perched on the ricordea rock.

I've been at my company for just over a year now and printing labels for our cans have been a nightmare. I got #####ed and yelled at yesterday for not being focused, lazy, not having pride in my work, not paying attention to detail, etc cause of these labels. I found out that right before I got here, they changed the size of the labels by 2mm. I just figured out this morning that the printer adjusted the artwork so the artwork saved on my computer, that I could only assume was the file used to print before I got here, isn't even right! So I've based all the labels I've printed for thee past year off the wrong template. Uuuuggggghhhh. And they blamed with on my "unattentiveness." FML

New fishy is way cool!

My next job is gonna be at Lowe's in the garden center, no hassels!

I have a job offer from Lowe's but I have an in at a bank that I just sent my resume to. I like the bank because it's stable hours and I'll have the option of working 8:00-4:30 or 10:00-6:00 and never have to work on Sunday and only a handful of Saturdays.

---------

Sorry Ethan about getting #####ed at. That's crazy that they let you make the same mistake for a year.

That sucks. :( My job is the same way. My company offers flex time, work four 9 hour days and take a half day Friday, but I was told it doesn't apply to me. Then I got told yesterday I'm not putting in enough hours even though I work 8-4:30 every day and work through my lunch. I'm not salary so it's against PA law for me to work more than 40 hours without OT but they still want me to do it. I tried to get up and stretch my legs today and got told by a manager "You know we're watching you, right?" :rolleyes:

That sucks. :( My job is the same way. My company offers flex time, work four 9 hour days and take a half day Friday, but I was told it doesn't apply to me. Then I got told yesterday I'm not putting in enough hours even though I work 8-4:30 every day and work through my lunch. I'm not salary so it's against PA law for me to work more than 40 hours without OT but they still want me to do it. I tried to get up and stretch my legs today and got told by a manager "You know we're watching you, right?" :rolleyes:

I can't believe how barbarous working condition still are -- and this economy seems to be encouraging bad behavior in employers -- sort of a "yeah, don't like it here? what are your options if I fire your ass?" My position is more sheltered, which I really appreciate, but even some of my colleagues have been saddled with a second workload when someone gets laid off, then told "too bad -- you can always leave". In academics, that is just not true. There are hiring seasons, just as there are in every industry -- ours is a limited one, much like sports. Departments just don't hire mid-stream, though they are happy to fire that way!

I'm in the club of men who've lost women to religion. haha...mainly because I don't believe in a higher power. I made it clear when Brit and I started dating. Thankfully she felt the same lol....damn complicated women. Speaking of complicated..the ex I lost due to religion always wanted me to go to church with her. It was fine for a while...then I started hitting the gbong before church just so I wouldn't kill myself mid serman...haha..being high in the presents of higher powers doesn't fly apparently?

Number one source of conflict...religion. I hope those "missionaries" never come knocking on my front door!

My next job is gonna be at Lowe's in the garden center, no hassels!

I bet they'd find a way to hassle you :lol:

I feel really lucky to be my own boss. Like seriously, lucky!!!!!! I don't make as much money as I would if I was out in the work force...but it's worth the cut to not be hassled by anyone but me :happy:

I bet they'd find a way to hassle you :lol:

I feel really lucky to be my own boss. Like seriously, lucky!!!!!! I don't make as much money as I would if I was out in the work force...but it's worth the cut to not be hassled by anyone but me :happy:

That's me, too -- I'm not my own boss, and I don't make that much $$, but I am appreciated here and have a lot of say over my time and commitments. I feel very fortunate for the freedom b/c I needed it during my kids' younger years. And I appreciate the benefits, too -- it's my job that includes health and dental; my husband is self-employed!

2012-04-10_20-00-43_543.jpg

When I put it in the tank, Pierre cleaned it and Bozo danced around it.

Geez -- that sounds just like "Finding Nemo"! Cute fish! If I were to add another, it'd be a GBG.

Geez -- that sounds just like "Finding Nemo"! Cute fish! If I were to add another, it'd be a GBG.

:happy:

Geez. It's nice to know I'm not the only one getting hassled at work but sad that so many are. Those are some crazy stories. We should be like more Western European companies where your balancing personal life is very much appreciated. Or every company should just be like the Googleplex B) I don't have any benefits whatsoever, I get 10 paid days off a year, I just got a one year raise of a whopping $1,000 (but hey, at least I got something), and I must be here from 8-5. Apparently none of the four employees here are trustworthy enough to have a key. There have been times when the two bosses with a key were late and we had to wait around for them to get here. And if they need to leave early for some reason, so do we. At least I'm salaried but the other workers here are hourly. Sucks for them.

/rant

Nice goby! Where'd you get it from?

'm looking for some more finned creatures to put in my tank...I'd like to know what it's swimming behavior's like once it gets used to your tank (does it hug the bottom vs. all over the place, random perching).

Sorry to hear about the work/other Real Life Event hassles.

Nice goby! Where'd you get it from?

'm looking for some more finned creatures to put in my tank...I'd like to know what it's swimming behavior's like once it gets used to your tank (does it hug the bottom vs. all over the place, random perching).

Sorry to hear about the work/other Real Life Event hassles.

Hey fellow Atlantan! I got it from a reefer getting out of the hobby. He listed it on the Atlanta Reef Club forum. Actually, 90% of my coral has come from local reefers through that site.

So far it moved around a good bit. It's favorite spot seems to be in my ricordea yumas so that bothers them a bit but doesn't seem to be too much. They are like pillows :happy:

I'm gonna name your GCG Yoda lol or Dumas(lie puma; plural)

Sorry for the late reply ;p

Yoda it is.

I vote for a drink!

Or two. Work is pissing me off.

Or two. Work is pissing me off.

My thesis writing class (all graduating seniors, writing up neuroscience research -- hence, really stressed out!) has voted for margaritas the last day of class. Since evaluations will be done before that, I am seriously considering this!

Scooby, you're awesome for coming downtown to have dinner with me! we must do this again.

Yes :flower:

Here's Yoda in his bed of yumas.

2012-04-12_21-09-35_447.jpg

That's an awesome picture of yoda!!!!!!! He looks happy in that spot :)

Glad to hear you are getting out and having some fun! Did you run into your ex-girlfriend? That would have been great for her to see you with another woman ;)

Archived