Cultivated Reef

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crab cakes. Steamed crabs. Soft shell crabs. Crab imperial. Crab balls. Maryland crab soup. Cream of crab soup. Drum stuffed w/ crab.. I think I wanna get steam crabs and beer tonight now....

Haha Joel...don't draw and drive :P

Great pics, Ethan! I LOVE how you're using the mag glass. There is a lovely yuma at the lfs that the new owner wants to raise the price on -- from $40 to $60. Don't know if $40 is a good price for a single head, but it sure is purdy!

I'm Dabnus Shamer, brad is Neverblu. He also does awesome drawings. He did a nice pic of the golden gate bridge.

My bad. I liked your penguins. You both are awesome.

I'm behind on my drawings. I have a bad cold :( Haven't had the energy to play. Maybe today since I'm starting to feel better :)

Hope to continue to feel better :)

Haha Joel...don't draw and drive :P

:lol:

Great pics, Ethan! I LOVE how you're using the mag glass. There is a lovely yuma at the lfs that the new owner wants to raise the price on -- from $40 to $60. Don't know if $40 is a good price for a single head, but it sure is purdy!

Thanks! I got that whole yuma rock for $45 haha. They certainly aren't the purdiest, but I like them. Plus, I felt like I needed a large quantity of something in my tank.

There was no easy way to draw wedgie!

:lol: I would have done a stick figure with his underwear pulled over his head. I was talking about Ethan though, me and him have been adding a comically immature twist to our drawings.

There was no easy way to draw wedgie!

Um.... metrokat.... my dear... I don't have a game with you. :unsure:

:lol: I would have done a stick figure with his underwear pulled over his head. I was talking about Ethan though, me and him have been adding a comically immature twist to our drawings.

It makes it more fun!

Oooh I got a good one. Just you wait.

Photo dump again.

Went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens today. They have a whole greenhouse/exhibit with just orchids. Here's some of my favorites.

2012-04-01_15-31-54_447.jpg

2012-04-01_15-43-04_744.jpg

2012-04-01_15-29-37_375.jpg

2012-04-01_15-28-58_557.jpg

This one is MY orchid in MY house that I got over a year ago and got it to rebloom :)

2012-04-01_19-13-44_960.jpg

The yumas just keep getting bigger!

2012-03-30_16-17-49_493.jpg

2012-03-30_16-18-05_578.jpg

2012-03-30_16-20-15_416.jpg

These yumas are prettier closed up haha.

2012-03-31_11-57-46_909.jpg

After this photo, I realized I needed to scrape the corraline.

2012-03-30_16-07-42_283.jpg

But in doing so, I accidentally hit the monti and it broke off the wall where it had been growing on. So now I had nothing stopping me from moving it.

2012-03-30_22-52-26_957.jpg

So then I realized just how extensive the damage is. The left half, which was furthest back in the tank and getting less light, looks bleached. Only a few parts are still green with polyps. I'm not sure what went wrong. I was thinking calcium but I just checked an have 400. This was right after a water change and stupid me forgot to check before it. But in past tests, the calcium hasn't been tooo low.

2012-03-30_22-52-35_373.jpg

2012-03-30_22-54-20_629.jpg

2012-03-30_22-54-52_801.jpg

2012-03-30_16-13-14_141.jpg

2012-03-30_22-54-30_403.jpg

I assume this side is dead and those spots are where polyps used to be?

2012-03-30_22-54-41_175.jpg

The other sps seems to be doing great. The tiny monti digi frag is questionable but it was in bad shape when I got it for free in the first place.

2012-03-30_16-14-09_247.jpg

Bailey says "Where's my food #####ez"

2012-03-30_16-16-13_656.jpg

I haven't been able to watch my tank wake up in a while.

See the star? The actual star "fish," not GSP.

2012-03-31_12-10-54_689.jpg

2012-03-30_21-19-17_832.jpg

2012-03-30_16-23-34_994.jpg

That purple part of the rock broke and the blasto is detaching itself. It's taking daaaaaays. No wonder they are such slow growers.

2012-03-30_16-22-52_519.jpg

2012-03-30_16-18-23_727.jpg

The yumas are looking fabulous!!!!!!

Have you checked your ALK? My monti started bleaching on me when the ALK was low. It's color is coming back for me now.

I barely saw the starfish :happy:

And the orchids are gorgeous!!!! My favorite is yours :)

Mannnn I really need a magnifying glass lol

Mee too! I have one but its too small. Gotta get a Sherlock Holmes type.

surgicalsense

Love the orchids :wub: ... like Randi's

Tank is looking awesome. Yeah, the crab thing is weird. That picture you posted when you did the CSI crime investigation autopy ... the shell looks thick, not thin like a molt would. Including the honeycomb you noted also. Could or is there a parasite that could eat the crab from the inside like that?

Thanks everyone B)

The yumas are looking fabulous!!!!!!

Have you checked your ALK? My monti started bleaching on me when the ALK was low. It's color is coming back for me now.

I barely saw the starfish :happy:

And the orchids are gorgeous!!!! My favorite is yours :)

I'll have to check Alk... Thanks :) I was surprised that I didn't see a single phalaenopsis orchid at the botanical garden with the color variety like mine.

Now, Mark, I'm sure it's just fine. Don't be so self-conscious.

:lol: I have a big one like Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr. style.

Love the orchids :wub: ... like Randi's

Tank is looking awesome. Yeah, the crab thing is weird. That picture you posted when you did the CSI crime investigation autopy ... the shell looks thick, not thin like a molt would. Including the honeycomb you noted also. Could or is there a parasite that could eat the crab from the inside like that?

oooo good thought. What does the peanut gallery crab experts think?

Lookin gooood! Hope that monti can make a solid recovery though, it's not lookin too hot at the moment

Me too. But it was free so if it doesn't, it's not a huge loss. If it doesn't make it, I'm probably gonna stick to softies and a couple LPS for future additions. I really want one of those bright teal stylos in the future but don't want to waste $50 if I can't even keep a monti. They are like entry level sps, right?

Me too. But it was free so if it doesn't, it's not a huge loss. If it doesn't make it, I'm probably gonna stick to softies and a couple LPS for future additions. I really want one of those bright teal stylos in the future but don't want to waste $50 if I can't even keep a monti. They are like entry level sps, right?

Yeah, Montiporas are considered the easiest SPS. Doesn't mean a stylo would thrive or even do better than a monti though. Get a chalice and see how you like them. I think they are some of the coolest corals out there. Some of the best colors too.

Archived