inTank Media Baskets

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice view :) I could watch my tank instead of a tv! haha

+1

Is the algae on the monti the brown looking specs? Brad was saying that algae will grow on the dead skeleton of sps. I've been trying to turkey baste my monti, that bleached recently, everyday to try to avoid the algae starting to grow on it. Not sure if it's doing anything for it though.

Have you checked your Alk lately? Seems like so many people are having issues with it, myself included.

Nice view :) I could watch my tank instead of a tv! haha

I posted that on Facebook and someone thought "the view from my bed" was creepy. Glad it is appreciated more here B)

So Bozo is living up to his name! Glad he's back in the circus.

:lol:

+1

Is the algae on the monti the brown looking specs? Brad was saying that algae will grow on the dead skeleton of sps. I've been trying to turkey baste my monti, that bleached recently, everyday to try to avoid the algae starting to grow on it. Not sure if it's doing anything for it though.

Have you checked your Alk lately? Seems like so many people are having issues with it, myself included.

pH: 8.1

Alk: 3mEq/L or 8.4DKH

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: <10

Nitrite: 0

Calcium: 320 and 340mg/L

Calcium last night, before the water change, was 360-380. I noticed that every time I shook it between drops and took the cap off, some liquid would escape with the cap. Last night, I used my thumb instead and swiped it between each drop so all the liquid would stay in. Does that make sense? I think that's a more accurate test so I'll assume my calcium hasn't really changed.

I'll try blowing off the monti some. Good idea. It doesn't really look like specks... looks like the same brown algae that was on the sides before I cleaned it :mellow:

I posted that on Facebook and someone thought "the view from my bed" was creepy. Glad it is appreciated more here B)

Creepy? That's insanity! You need some N-R FB friends ;)

Creepy? That's insanity! You need some N-R FB friends ;)
Yeah, join out fb gang.

Maybe :ninja:

Is there a group group or a "group?" ha

All you need to do is find Joel on FB (you know his full name already). You'll get the rest of us from there.

Also, he'll recognize my profile picture. :lol:

Im also easy to find since you know my first name and my last name is my username on her minus the first two letters. Also you'll recognize my photo.

Kathryn and I celebrated our one year together last month.

:happydance::wub:

425296_247642848661338_100002468736364_517003_1382317370_n.jpg

Awww congrats you guys look happy!

Oh and you can find me through Joel, Felicia, Gena, or Surgicalsense.

Have yall heard of the new Lytro camera with light field technology? It's infinite focus that you can change after the photo has been taken. I have no idea how it works. But it's cool. Now someone used it on their reef. Click on the photo to refocus it at any point. Perfect combination of photog and reef nerdiness!

Does anyone else go through web sites and build shopping carts of stuff they want... I've done that three times tonight. There's so many different kinds of coral I want... but I'm trying so hard not to spend money :angry:

Totally. I do that on equipment sites, too. I was going to buy Brightwell's salt mix, then after adding up what a refractometer, a proper scale, the salt, and buying distilled water would cost , I realized it was cheaper for me to stick with buying it from the lfs. If I added a RO/DI unit, it would have to be self-contained since I can't mess with the plumbing at work. My mom makes her own DI, and that unit isn't too bad, but once I ran the numbers (not even calculating the time spent at work doing things other than work), I found it was going to be close to 3 years before I'd break even. sigh.

Freedom! I warped the net frame to get him in the corner. Bailey and Pierre checked him out. He seems to be swimming more spastically than usual but not physically harmed

So glad he's not dead :wub:

Smart move! Yeah for fishy lives!

Have yall heard of the new Lytro camera with light field technology? It's infinite focus that you can change after the photo has been taken. I have no idea how it works. But it's cool. Now someone used it on their reef. Click on the photo to refocus it at any point. Perfect combination of photog and reef nerdiness!

Yes, I have heard of it! Listened to someone on NPR explain how it worked. Seriously cool.

I found it was going to be close to 3 years before I'd break even. sigh.

Yes, I have heard of it! Listened to someone on NPR explain how it worked. Seriously cool.

Crazy!

NPR is awesome. I listen to the morning edition on the way to work.

I got a magnifying glass.

It's a whooole neeeww wooorld :o

a-whole-new-world-2-o.gif

I never even noticed that spongey thing under the blastos until I got the magnifying glass.

2012-03-18_23-11-54_153.jpg

2012-03-18_23-10-41_441.jpg

That red shroom is temperamental. Today was an off day. Other days its 3 times as big. The xenia in he background has started pulsing again.

2012-03-18_23-10-50_771.jpg

2012-03-18_23-18-26_363.jpg

Moved the tiny sps frag to the top and it's coming back... until this dufus had to be king of the world.

2012-03-18_23-13-47_804.jpg

I have a piece of red bubble algae!

2012-03-18_23-16-32_577.jpg

2012-03-20_19-45-22_871.jpg

2012-03-18_23-10-07_583.jpg

2012-03-20_19-46-05_516.jpg

2012-03-20_19-46-20_206.jpg

Left side

2012-03-18_23-14-35_62.jpg

Right side

2012-03-18_23-17-22_890.jpg

2012-03-18_23-19-02_20.jpg

What causes/how do I get rid of microbubbles? I all of a sudden have a lot.

I think manual removal of bubble algae is effective... Not sure of the chemical causes of it. I had one piece of it that never spread and I just picked it out. It was hard! I did not expect that.

Emerald crabs may or may not eat it? Not 100% sure

Looking good. I wish I had the answer for microbubbles, but I can't get my skimmer to stop spitting out a ton, so if you find the answer let me know.

I REALLY love that yuma colony :wub:

Don't rics look just the coolest with the magnifying glass? I have a close up of mushrooms on my desk top monitor. The textures are awesome.

Interesting about the sponge thing on blastos. I have the same things on one of my colonies, too. Doesn't seem to harm anything, though.

I just got a 10x glass, but it's too small to get anything that isn't right up front. My trumpets are splitting, and I'll see if I can bet the totally-in-your-face shot of that today :D.

Archived