SaltCritters.com

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But it's location (right in front of a little arch under a rock) makes a perfect place for my porcelain crab. It is getting braver, or either I am providing it better spots that make it feel hidden but still visible ha. Since it is a regular sight now, I guess I should name it. Suggestions?

J.W., the reluctant fire shrimp, has also been out a lot more the last few days. Don't know if it's hunger, pleasure that the peppermint is gone, or just plain acclimation, but the color is so cool to see on the rock. It definitely like the new little cave spaces. I love that fact that it moves by jumping. Only scurries during feeding time.

Awesome! Will have to email that to a friend who keeps his 150 gallon monster in his lab. He's lucky: his wife keeps a tank of her own at home. Kind of gives a new layer of meaning to "Honey, would you frag this?" :D

424338_331921853513594_100000873450034_899163_673062168_n.jpg

My girlfriend agrees with this. She was just talking last night about how I'm gonna need my own big slush money when we combine finances. ha.

Hahaha love it!

I have a cold :angry:

I was researching quick remedy ideas since I'm leaving for LA at 5am tomorrow.

On the site I was reading there was an ad for Live Aquaria.

Oh how the internet is creepy.

Which reminds me, I'm going to be missing the biggest frag swap ever in Atlanta this weekend :(

Only update from the tank is that I somehow managed to drop the salinity down to .022 with my water change on Monday. :slap: Mixed up water last night to add tonight before I leave so it won't be so low for an extended period of time. The cloves were a little unhappy but everything else was good. fingerscrossed

Have a safe trip to LA and I hope you feel better soon. Flying with a cold is terrible. Sudafed and motrin for the nasal and ear congestion. and...3-4 shots of Jack Daniels :)

Ethan leave your salinity low

If no one is there to top off it will creep up. Rather have it creep from 0.022 to 0.026/7 then from 26 to 0.03 something

surgicalsense

Enjoy your trip to Cali this weekend :D

Keep your upper respiratory dry and most importantly from dripping into your lungs/stomach.

Ethan leave your salinity low

If no one is there to top off it will creep up. Rather have it creep from 0.022 to 0.026/7 then from 26 to 0.03 something

You, sir, are brilliant.

Keep your upper respiratory dry and most importantly from dripping into your lungs/stomach.

That's the problem... I can't get it out! I've taken lots of medicine, vitamins, water, hot tea, etc.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm going to be very sad if I'm not well enough for my dives at Anacapa Island on Saturday.

surgicalsense
You, sir, are brilliant.

That's the problem... I can't get it out! I've taken lots of medicine, vitamins, water, hot tea, etc.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I'm going to be very sad if I'm not well enough for my dives at Anacapa Island on Saturday.

Use a warm air humidifier in the meantime ;) ... also the room you use it in must be closed off. If you use it in the bedroom and the door is open, defeats the purpose. Do as your told. :lol:

424338_331921853513594_100000873450034_899163_673062168_n.jpg

My girlfriend agrees with this. She was just talking last night about how I'm gonna need my own big slush money when we combine finances. ha.

Thats hilarious ethan and the absolute truth.

Tank is coming nicely BTW

Hope your cold gets better! That sucks to be sick when you're travelling. Take lots of Vitamin C and D :) And stay away from dairy, it makes congestion worse

Have a safe trip to LA and I hope you feel better soon. Flying with a cold is terrible. Sudafed and motrin for the nasal and ear congestion. and...3-4 shots of Jack Daniels :)

+1 on the sudafed and motrin! Makes a great combo for migraine-type headaches, too -- I call it "poor man's imitrex" ;). And you'll need a shot of something to make the sudafed tolerable...

ooo I feel popular. SoCal was awesome. It was so nice to have the undivided attention of my girlfriend since she's usually super busy with her work. Plus, she's the best travel buddy ever. LA was pretty cool. Soooo diverse compared to Atlanta. Your convention center is nice (HUGE). It took for-freakin-ever to find the Hollywood sign. No one that we asked bothered to tell us that it's not lit up at night :slap: We also drove over to Santa Monica one evening, that was romantic :wub:

Diving in the kelp forest was amazing omgomgomg It was cold, but the beauty of everything kept my mind off it. I saw plenty of sea lions, harbor seals, and dolphins from the boat but none in the water. The locals on the boat saw them, of course, but the visitors did not :rant: I buddied with another lone diver, an instructor from Ireland! I haven't even looked at the photos I took yet. I will do that tonight :happydance:

I don't know what is going on with my sinuses... I've NEVER had sinus issues or allergies until I moved to Atlanta in August (I grew up in more rural areas of Georgia). Flying and diving was a bit painful. I didn't go past 20 feet and got reverse squeeze and nose bleeds. I have an appointment with an ear/nose/throat doctor on Wednesday.

As for my tank, haven't seen it with the lights on yet but Bozo and Bailey are alive. Got home at 1am last night.

I hope he's Ok too. Bad cold, airplane ride, then scuba diving.....oh man.

:tears: I hope I didn't mess anything up. Everything sounds muffled.

Dude, you made it back alive! Tell us about the Channel Islands dive! Sharks, seals, lobsters???

Horn sharks, yes. Biggest lobsters I've ever seen, yes. Spanish shawl, yes. Anemones, yes. Giant crabs, sheep's head, garibaldi, huge starfish, millions of jellies, strawberry nems, urchins upon urchins, scorpionfish, gobies, and animals I didn't even knew existed. I'll have to go back for another chance to see sea lions underwater fingerscrossed

I'm glad to hear you got to see so much awesome stuff during your dive! I'm sorry you didn't get to see a sea lion or seal, but that's just an excuse to come back. What was the water temp while you were there?

Sorry to hear about your ear issues! I have allergy/sinus issues all the time and have my whole life. I always just take Sudaphed about 20 minutes before any dive and I usually end up being fine during the dive. I have gotten like 2 reverse blocks since I started diving though and those are miserable. When its happened to me, my ear feels mildly uncomfortable and muffled for a day or two before it clears up. Once it cleared up I was totally fine, so I'm sure you didn't mess your ear up too bad. One of the guys I went lobster diving with kept getting nose bleeds from his sinuses and it didn't hurt him any. Its just your body's way of equalizing your sinus cavities if they're plugged so air can't move in and out. You pop a bunch of little capillaries, but that doesn't cause any lasting harm at all. Keep me posted on how your ears are feeling!

Archived