Coral Vue Hydros

Ethan's 12g Vagabond Tank

ScubaEthan

surgicalsense
They can be found outside of any Ralphs I think. They're called Aquafill. Premium Water. At first I was hesitant because it just says:

"WATER PROCESS: This multi-Step State of the Art water treatment includes micron-prefiltration, Reverse Osmosis seperation, double ultraviolet sterilization, and a post carbon polish.

NUTRITION FACTS: ... Calories 0 Total Fat: 0 Carbs: 0 Protein: 0"

... It didn't mention De-Ionization. But I'm assuming that the "micron-prefiltration" could be it? Not sure. Anyways thats what I use. :lol:

Which Ralphs in NoHo?

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the cops clean out all the sex workers in NoHo?

I've heard of people buying water like that but I've never seen a machine. That's why I get jugs. Maybe it's not a thing around here?

Thought I'd share this reef-inspired art. I've seen these things before but now it's all in one handy dandy article. Cool stuff.

That's the brand machine I was using...but outside Ralph's in Burbank. I was getting typically a TDS at 7 or 8...never lower than that.

Yeah. At first I was using my containers to hold my salt water mixes or salt water from Vivid, and I couldn't thoroughly clean them out from their TDS. At first I was getting a reading of 12-14 TDS. Next I had a reading of 8 TDS. Last night I got a ready of 0-2 TDS. So I immediately thought that maybe all the extra TDS I was reading was from the salt mixture residue from a while back. I'll check next time to see if the TDS reading goes above 0-2 TDS. If it does, then maybe I was just lucky. But I did manage to get 2 5gallon jugs at 0-2 TDS. My cousin got 3 jugs worth of it.

I've heard of people buying water like that but I've never seen a machine. That's why I get jugs. Maybe it's not a thing around here?

Thought I'd share this reef-inspired art. I've seen these things before but now it's all in one handy dandy article. Cool stuff.

:lol:

surgicalsense

:mellow:

This thread needs some photos.

These were actually from Monday and I forgot to upload.

Cluttered tank.

2012-02-13_22-15-03_780.jpg

Orange Bam Bams are coloring up and there's a new baby.

2012-02-13_22-17-27_865.jpg

Pooping.

2012-02-13_22-14-50_222.jpg

You need a smaller mag float cleaner ;)

+1 -- that thing looks huge! There are some on NR that advocate for painting them black. My lfs recommends against putting plastic-painted items in the tank. I kind of agree. There are black mag floats but they were way more expensive.

I like the look of a busy tank :)! As much as I want to have the aesthetic sensibilities of a Japanese artist, I have learned that I'm really the English-cottage-garden type.

As much as I want to have the aesthetic sensibilities of a Japanese artist, I have learned that I'm really the English-cottage-garden type.

omgosh....YES! That's me too :happy:

surgicalsense
It was at the Ralphs in Laurel Canyon Plaza... Cross streets of Roscoe and Laurel Canyon(I think). lol!

:lol: ... down the street from me. Next to Smart'n'Final?

+1 -- that thing looks huge! There are some on NR that advocate for painting them black. My lfs recommends against putting plastic-painted items in the tank. I kind of agree. There are black mag floats but they were way more expensive.

I like the look of a busy tank :)! As much as I want to have the aesthetic sensibilities of a Japanese artist, I have learned that I'm really the English-cottage-garden type.

msscha...I just added your quote to my sig :happy:

You need a smaller mag float cleaner ;)

lol that's why it's usually not in the tank. I got it cause the smallest mag float had bad reviews... not strong enough or something. But it scratched my acrylic so I put a piece of filter pad between it.

haha I like both aesthetics. I prefer the minimal zen-like look for planted freshwater tanks (which I really want). My I'm the only one that sees the tank and I'm growing out my corals and still getting stuff settled in.

Ethan, that reef art was really cool, thanks.

Tank is looking oh so fine, and yea, paint that mag black.

:)

Will any non-toxic waterproof paint work?

Update on the xenia: after moving it to the shade it looks a lot better but not pulsing. I suspect that it because it has a good bit of flow now. But it's location (right in front of a little arch under a rock) makes a perfect place for my porcelain crab. It is getting braver, or either I am providing it better spots that make it feel hidden but still visible ha. Since it is a regular sight now, I guess I should name it. Suggestions?

424338_331921853513594_100000873450034_899163_673062168_n.jpg

My girlfriend agrees with this. She was just talking last night about how I'm gonna need my own big slush money when we combine finances. ha.

Archived