Blasted LEDs and camera phone.
Cluttered, I know.
Hello everyone, I am setting my tank back up after a couple year hiatus.
But I am still a complete noob. I put water in the tank back in October but have been taking it real slow.
Here's some photos. Sorry for the bad cellphone quality. I used to be a photographer until ALL my equipment was stolen out of my car But I'd rather spend my money on my tank than a new camera
- 12g Aquapod
- 1 Ecoxotic Panorama Pro 50/50 LED strip
- 1 Ecoxotic Panorama Pro blue/magenta LED strip
- Maxi-Jet 900 Pro return
- Koralia Nano 240
- 20lb live sand
- ~12lb live rock
- cheap heater, need a better one.
- JBJ ATO- not set up yet
- DIY egg crate media baskets with polishing pad, chemi-pure elite, and purigen
- scrub acrylic
- top off manually
- 2 gallon weekly water change
- feed pellets/flakes every day to every other day and soak in garlic sometimes
- feed frozen mysis once a week
- feed marine snow once a week
- Add 1ml of Brightwell Aquatics CoralAmino once a week (started 5-14-12)
- Bozo the small orange ocellaris clown
Bailey the larger black misbar ocellaris clownlost to filter Yoda the green clown gobylost to filter a few days after adding it made major mods to project fish
- Bailey II
108 cerith snails (hermits murdered 2) 10 7 nassarius snails (hermits murdered 1)Actually, I think they're all dead now. I never see any.
- 7 nerite snails
- 2 astrea snails
43 dwarf blue legged hermits
- 1 large scarlet legged hermit
1 porcelain crab (it NEVER comes out)
- 1 hitch hiker crab (yet to be IDed or caught, but it plays nice)
1 peppermint shrimp named PierreMIA
- Several asterina stars
- At least 10 mini brittle stars
- All the other hitchhikers: feather Dusters,
vermitids(eaten by peppermint shrimp), sponges, bristle worms, etc.
- Soft Coral:
- Green Star Polyps
- Mushrooms: 1 red, 1 brown spotted, 2 blue/purple, 2 teal with brown spots, 1 red with purple spots, 3 shiny orange
- Ricordea: 2 orange (turned yellow), 1 rainbow (looks more blue)
- Ricordae Yuma: over 30
- Zoas: orange bam bams, whammin' watermelons, brown with teal centers
- Palys: brown; green striped pinwheels
- Pom Pom Xenia
- Blue cloves
- Pink clove polyps
- Cabbage leather
- Green montipora cap.
- Red montipora cap.
- Unknown tiny branch
- Green birdsnest
- Blastomusa Merletti
I tore out all the hood guts and put in a Panorama Pro LED strip with white/blue. I'm working on keeping the parameters stable and changing two gallons of water once a week. I'm getting an ATO tomorrow. I plan to get a maxi-jet 900 and maybe a koralia nano 240. I want to buy or build a media basket for a chamber to use filter floss/pad, chaeto, and chemipure elite. Any other mod/upgrade suggestions?
Bozo (smaller orange) and Bailey (bigger and darker) were named by my girlfriend. I got them on January 8th from a local breeder and they were 7 months. They scared me a couple times with their antics. Like the time I thought Bozo was having a seizure. Thankfully they were just getting lovey dovey.
A couple weeks later Bailey is getting darker
Another week later, she's almost completely black
First corals added in January 2012
Edited by ScubaEthan, 29 July 2012 - 12:57 PM.