Pod Your Reef

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

big al's = death

I'd have to disagree...

I have gotten a ton of corals, clams, fish etc. from them over the years and have had almost no issue at all getting livestock from them. In fact, some of the coolest zoas, SPS, and clams I have acquired have come from BA's Mississauga and Oakville locations. You need to get there early cause they get wiped out of the cool stuff pretty fast.

That aside,

This build looks wicked-clean. Love it.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd have to disagree...

I have gotten a ton of corals, clams, fish etc. from them over the years and have had almost no issue at all getting livestock from them. In fact, some of the coolest zoas, SPS, and clams I have acquired have come from BA's Mississauga and Oakville locations. You need to get there early cause they get wiped out of the cool stuff pretty fast.

That aside,

This build looks wicked-clean. Love it.

I think the quality is different from store to store. I've now purchased two different types of fish from the same Big Al's location in Scarborough and both times they died shortly after. Do I chalk that up to the store or my care I really don't know. I will say that I've never had a problem in the past with freshwater fish but that's a different ball game. The corals seem to be in good shape but quite expensive though they are now starting to sell frags in the Scarborough location.

Thanks it's coming along I need to go coral shopping again.

I can not believe TJ Burton just tried to defend big als :o

Iv never been to the oakville location but the one in north york = worse than death

I can not believe TJ Burton just tried to defend big als :o

Iv never been to the oakville location but the one in north york = worse than death

Hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been a while since my last update but the tank is still alive and kicking here's what's new...

I added two new fish since the death of my two chromis a black percula clown and a royal gamma. The clown is amazing he doesn't stop swimmng so entertaining but the gamma has been in hiding since it entered the tank. The gamma has been nosing out of his hole and I did see him fully out this morning so that's a good sign. I also added some Florida Ric's recently. I lowered my light a little today to try and get more light to my SPS and Zoa's. The SPS had been browning a little and the Zoa's were extending quite a bit hopefully it helps.

Here are some recent pics I need to do a new FTS and I plan on making a video shortly. Enjoy!

My green Acan which in recent weeks has grown a few more heads.

7363868268_df095e51b5_z.jpg

These Zoa's were purchased from a local reefer and originally looked pretty dull but are starting to color up.

7363865930_bc9afd57b0_z.jpg

The fire shrimp has been moving about lately

7363870220_066fc71cd3_z.jpg

My new ric garden

7363872442_0b26c19543_z.jpg

Finally my new clown

7178647647_f3c23b75bc_z.jpg

:wub:

ive had a ton of new stuff since you were last one here

Yeah I noticed your tank is starting to look amazing.

Wow it looking awesome! I like how the right side rock scape sitting with the over hang. Nice and crisp pictures!

Wow it looking awesome! I like how the right side rock scape sitting with the over hang. Nice and crisp pictures!

Thanks a lot I appreciate it though I wish I could reduce the noise in the images.

peter20griffin20freakin20sweet.jpg

:lol:

Looks great jay

Thanks Hype I appreciate it.

The scape looks less brown than before. :D

Yeah it's starting to color up nicely.

this is a neat little tank :)

how did you make the housing for the LED?

Thanks... it's made from white and clear acrylic cut to fit around the metal heat sink. There's a special plastic glue to hold it all together and the cover is secured with screws into the heat sink so it doesn't fall into the tank.

that nem and led set-up need to ne mine.

The purple nem moved from my last FTS and I don't really love his new home as he's never fully opened up but he's happy there so that's good.

looking sick and the rock is looking better than before too keep it up!

acans looks super happy are u feeding them?

looking sick and the rock is looking better than before too keep it up!

acans looks super happy are u feeding them?

Thanks March... Yeah I do I spot feed all the corals every other day with frozen brine or mysis and they seem to be happy.

Hey Jay, nice shallow, clean, well scaped tank!!!

Thank-you!

You stay dormant for a while and then BOOM picture overload...

A better FTS

7188145539_bb15ab1a93_z.jpg

I love this shot

7373375768_07d055ae71_z.jpg

My MAN!

7373374032_3c52673dba_z.jpg

Finally out of hiding

7373372962_fc8f1d18a9_z.jpg

Archived