inTank Media Baskets

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chomis are great fish, everyone discards them as beginner fish but they are the only fish I have in my 20g reef, they never cause problems, I have 6.

beautiful new additions! chromis was almost my first fish

Thanks March!

Chomis are great fish, everyone discards them as beginner fish but they are the only fish I have in my 20g reef, they never cause problems, I have 6.

They are hardy, cheap and look awesome. How can you go wrong? I plan on adding 1 more to have 3 total and some kind of goby.

Looking good Jay! I love chromis. I think they are one of the most under-rated fish out there. It's too bad my cat loves blue fish. Otherwise I'd have a couple in my tank.

Looking good Jay! I love chromis. I think they are one of the most under-rated fish out there. It's too bad my cat loves blue fish. Otherwise I'd have a couple in my tank.

Thanks Pak! LOL cats... what will they do next? Crafty buggers.

Thanks Pak! LOL cats... what will they do next? Crafty buggers.

They are crafty buggers. Mine in particular has something with blue fish. I'm beginning to believe it's the only color she can see. When I once had clownfish, she didn't care about it. Even now with my tailspot, she doesn't see it. But whenever a blue fish is present, she goes nuts.

jedimasterben
Thanks March!

They are hardy, cheap and look awesome. How can you go wrong? I plan on adding 1 more to have 3 total and some kind of goby.

Keep the chromis in an odd number. Everything I read about them says that there will be only one female in a group, the rest males, and if there is an odd number of males, they will kill one. Maybe they are incredibly arithmophobic (fear of numbers), but only odd numbers, and they have to deal with it in the worst of ways. :P

I have a newfound love of chromis. I think I will put 11 or so in my new 80g...

Keep the chromis in an odd number. Everything I read about them says that there will be only one female in a group, the rest males, and if there is an odd number of males, they will kill one. Maybe they are incredibly arithmophobic (fear of numbers), but only odd numbers, and they have to deal with it in the worst of ways. :P

I have a newfound love of chromis. I think I will put 11 or so in my new 80g...

Great tip Ben thanks a lot! 11 wow that school will look awesome.

hey post some photos once the frags are set :)

Will do and thanks again for making the drop! Everything looks great I sort of positioned things last night to where I might want them; I will leave them in those spots for a couple of weeks before sticking them down.

Here's a quick update...

Good news... April's TOTM winner marc3lo19 was generous enough to make a SPS delivery last weekend to a busy dad. Great guy and all the frags are super healthy. The purple acro did take some time to extend its polyps but it looks like they started to come out tonight. Also received my DIM4 controller this week and had time Thursday night to install it... its awesome! I'm watching the sunset right now. Bad news... setting it up after hours I think one my Chromis got a little overwhelmed with the ON and OFF's of the light! He looked a little stunned at the end of the test's and was nowhere to be found the next day... I hate losing fish. I think he floated into a nem.

Well here are some new pics.

7122955761_8222182796_z.jpg

6976870500_308c81f22b_z.jpg

7122957589_c7dd32668f_z.jpg

6976868274_4b4c4f430c_c.jpg

Tank is looking really nice. I love the color you are getting with your light!

same here. well done man!

Thanks all... I love being able to adjust the color tone on the DIM4.

• 4 weeks later...
hey whats new?

+1

No new corals I've been battling a low Alk problem which I believed killed my two chromis (well alk swings did) so over the last couple weeks I've been trying to stabilize this by adding the dose to the ATO. Hopefully that helps stabilize the Alk level. There has also been a fairly big POD boom and they were disturbing my Zoa's. I've since increased the power of my light which has helped keep them at bay also my shrimp seems to be actively hunting pods now.

March the SPS frags are still doing well that green montipora (i think is the correct name) is doing amazing, the blue acro finally opened up and I'm seeing great extension, I think the birdsnest got a little stressed but I've sinced moved it and it's doing much better lately.

mmm sorry for your loss man.

Thanks. I haven't had much luck with fish to date (I've only had 3 SW fish over the past two years) and all have died. I have to work harder to keep the params stable.

Archived