Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

any updates?

Nothing drastic has changed I've added two max minis a fire shrimp and some snails. I had a problem when I added some carbon to the canister filter and basically everything got really mad so I took it out did a couple water changes and everything is opening back up again. Once everything is happy I will post a new FTS hopefully tonight or tomorrow. It was a small bag of SeaChem carbon in a small bag I couldn't believe the reaction.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that carbon exp. is weird but sounds like you were quick to react

I have used chemi pure elite for years I think its the best

you know i have not been to NAFB yet..lol i've been meaning to go for a while now, but i want to walk in with a fist full of cash because i heard he has nice frags. how's that RO/DI unit treating you? i think i'm going to bite the bullet and finally buy one.

tank is looking great man, how old is your daughter? mine just turned 2 and loves the fish tank.

that carbon exp. is weird but sounds like you were quick to react

I have used chemi pure elite for years I think its the best

I have used chemi pure elite before and after a day or two the corals came back but this went on 4 then 5 days and I decided to take it out. My one max mini did not look well. If I try it again I will use a smaller amount or go back to chemi pure elite.

you know i have not been to NAFB yet..lol i've been meaning to go for a while now, but i want to walk in with a fist full of cash because i heard he has nice frags. how's that RO/DI unit treating you? i think i'm going to bite the bullet and finally buy one.

tank is looking great man, how old is your daughter? mine just turned 2 and loves the fish tank.

Its a great little store and they are such nice people. The frags are like $10 bucks a pop there so I like to drop in and see what they have every once in a while. The RODI is awesome my one regret was not buying the unit with the reservoir and switch... I almost flooded the basement once after I left it on overnight. It wasn't too bad the water evaporated by the next day.

Thanks a lot I've been slacking a bit I need to go out and get some more frags. My daughter is only 5 months so she mostly sits there and stares at the light LOL. That's great... hopefully mine will be too.

Well nothing really new to report I haven't added anything new for a few weeks now I have been trying to get my parameters perfect. I did add two maxi mini's a few weeks back and a fire shrimp (I may get another). Looking to get a fish shortly too but I have no idea what kind yet. Any ideas?

Some new pics for your viewing pleasure... lol

Maxi Mini's

7001825733_59079bdf93_z.jpg

His spot

7001829651_1d4e4cb070_z.jpg

Overhead view of my young Zoa garden and shrimp hideout

6855712730_ab509e4172_z.jpg

Yuma close up

6855718364_8df2f3c9ff_z.jpg

there are 2 that i have had my eye on at the lfs. i think this week i might get one.

How much are they at your LFS? They are about $10 each here.

Totally and shamelessly thinking of copying your layout for my waterfall setup! :)

Have at it man... most tanks here are copied or inspired by others in some way.

Your newest FTS looks great! That scape will look great when some corals start to grow out.

Thanks... It will be a slow build but I'm hoping to add some more corals ASAP.

still my favorite diy led build i have seen. looking awesome still i see :D

Thanks dude I'm thinking of upgrading to a different controller for the lights but need to do some reading first.

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like I'm converting to a DIM4 controller for my lighting system. I currently have my blue LED's on before and after the whites are on for 1 hour and it's overwhelmingly blue LOL. My house looks like a smurf sui-bomber had a field day during that hour. I would like to better simulate sunrise/sunset with the DIM4.

Picked up another few frags this weekend... I added 1 new Zoa frag and 2 new Acan frags. Nothing exotic but adding to the gardens. I also picked up 2 Blue Green Chromis... I finally have fish!

yay congrats on the fishies!

the tank looks great

I love the color spectrum of those lights and the scape is awesome keep it up

yay congrats on the fishies!

the tank looks great

I love the color spectrum of those lights and the scape is awesome keep it up

Thanks March. Congrats again on the TOTM and all the inspiration.

Very Clean Build! This will going to grow out into a beautiful tank! Keep us posted!

Thanks d'Espresso!

Archived