SaltCritters.com

JayPagi's Shallow Reef

JayPagi

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:bowdown: :bowdown:

So not worthy of that praise but thank you.

Hopefully that one isn't as much of a dick as mine was.

Hasn't attacked anyone yet and hides the majority of the day but time will tell.

So bummed today. I woke this morning and couldn't locate my clownfish; eventually I found him behind the tank after a carpet surf gone bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update...

I added a new black percula after my last one died he seems happy and less daring; I hope. All other inhabitants are doing well. I added two new frags of Zoa's last weekend along with a small piece of frogspawn. I haven't taken pictures of the new additions yet but soon enough.

Here are some pictures I took today... enjoy.

7489714450_54d06dd5dd_z.jpg

7489723544_863fc0e06c_z.jpg

7489732474_2dfcbf251f_z.jpg

7489746384_65bec13287_z.jpg

7489755088_a8bd22ceef_z.jpg

7489740508_8c87f19efd_z.jpg

7489766052_d548086c0b_z.jpg

Love the pics. What lens is that?

Thanks alot its a Nikon D90 w/ 50mm 1.8 using a reverse lens macro technique

Lovely shots of your corals. Good buy on the new clown.

Thanks IIX I love all the different acans in your tank. Had to get another. Have you purchased a top off yet? I strongly recommend the going with the Elos.

Deleted User 4
Thanks IIX I love all the different acans in your tank. Had to get another. Have you purchased a top off yet? I strongly recommend the going with the Elos.

Thanks. About the ato, I think I'm going to get one when I do have the money. I'm not surprised that the elos osmo is really high quality and recommended by you aahah. Definitely, one of the top ones on my list.

Thanks. About the ato, I think I'm going to get one when I do have the money. I'm not surprised that the elos osmo is really high quality and recommended by you aahah. Definitely, one of the top ones on my list.

I believe ReHype just picked one up and he loves it too.

cool new pieces and photos looks like the tank is starting to fill in nicely

I'm getting there. Still no where close to your beauty but I'm working on it.

• 3 weeks later...
hows the tank doing?

The tank is doing really well all my inhabitants are all very happy. I guess I should post some pictures soon but I haven't added anything lately, I want everything to grow in a little bit then add some more corals. Acans are growing new heads, Zoa's have brightened up, Yuma has split I now have 3 Yuma babies. All my SPS seems to be doing well but that's more me trying to find a happy spot for them. A lot more to come with this tank.

I've been looking at fragbox daily and I'm impressed it's really coming along nicely; hopefully I can splurge a little and show my support soon. :D

• 2 weeks later...
The tank is doing really well all my inhabitants are all very happy. I guess I should post some pictures soon but I haven't added anything lately, I want everything to grow in a little bit then add some more corals. Acans are growing new heads, Zoa's have brightened up, Yuma has split I now have 3 Yuma babies. All my SPS seems to be doing well but that's more me trying to find a happy spot for them. A lot more to come with this tank.

I've been looking at fragbox daily and I'm impressed it's really coming along nicely; hopefully I can splurge a little and show my support soon. :D

yumas split?!

mine never split :( Iv have had some for years do you have any tricks??

you should see fragbox now crazy new pieces and re did the frag page completely

jedimasterben
yumas split?!

Feed them often. My ricordeas don't catch food very often, but they do occasionally (I never spot feed them), and one of mine has split, and I have excellent growth.

yumas split?!

Well maybe "split" was the wrong word!? They will grow a new polyp kind of like a Zoa/Paly and then the new polyp will disconnect itself from the old one. I'm usually on there every other day LOL but the summer has been busy and my tank funds are being spent else where. I will get active again come winter. I noticed the upgraded look... it's amazing keep up the good work!

Feed them often. My ricordeas don't catch food very often, but they do occasionally (I never spot feed them), and one of mine has split, and I have excellent growth.

I spot feed them every other day... in my old tank the Yuma wouldn't feed it was never sticky enough to hold food but for whatever reason it loves the new tank and feeds like a champ.

Love the crisp photos in this thread. :)

Thanks Lalani... I have been slacking lately but it's the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Over he last week and a bit my Zoa seem to be shrinking and disappearing I've been doing regular water changes and my water parameters seem to be in check. Has anyone experienced this before? All of my other corals are doing really well.

Current water params...

dKH - 8

pH - 8

NO3 - 0ppm

Ca2 - 400ppm

Mg - 1320ppm

Archived