Coral Vue Hydros

DeepBlue AIO!

snowflake ell

snowflake ell

Here is my 5.5g aio

so this past month i have been working on my 20g , so i went to use my ro unit to fill it up and part of it was busted , (coralife sent me the part to fix it ) so i built this last week and i got water and sand from the store.

I filled it last night a mix the salt , and i put some sand in there today , now its starts the cycle

hope you guys like it so far , i will like some peoples opinion's

P1116437.jpg

P1116440.jpg

P1146465.jpg

P1146467.jpg

P1146466.jpg

P1226470.jpg

P1226471.jpg

P1016822.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snowflake ell

im going to cut a pice of acrylic to fit , so i can remove it when i want to see my plants

thanks for the nice words

I think projects like these are really cool. I recently did a similar build using a 2.5 gallon aquarium.

I like your plastic backing idea.

What are your plans for stocking?

snowflake ell
I think projects like these are really cool. I recently did a similar build using a 2.5 gallon aquarium.

What are your plans for stocking?

soft coral, inverts and prob no fish but if i do it will be a goby

snowflake ell

Here's a little update on the tank, the sand starting to clear and i got a nice scape going on, ill get some pics when the water clears more

snowflake ell
it looks very crowded! it looks very nice, but corals need room to grow! i like it very berry much, though.

thanks. it looks crowded for now but i make it looks less crowded by moving the last 2 rock branches

and im taking it out of the tank and putting a smaller one in.

the tank is going to have mushroom and zoa's so they need rock case they incrust the rock

Looking pretty good. What's up with that divider though? It has a wonky edge!

Are you using a bulkhead? Also, what pump are you using?

AND GET RID OF THAT HEATER! haha I feel like you're defeating the back compartments by having it there. I have that same off brand heater, and it was like $10 and fit in my compartment no problem. Mine is the size down.

snowflake ell
The branches look great!

Looking pretty good. What's up with that divider though? It has a wonky edge!

Are you using a bulkhead? Also, what pump are you using?

AND GET RID OF THAT HEATER! haha I feel like you're defeating the back compartments by having it there. I have that same off brand heater, and it was like $10 and fit in my compartment no problem. Mine is the size down.

glad you guys are liking the tank , im not going to keep that heater its going to my 20g but im using it to heat up the tank till i move every thing from my 1.5g to this and then the heater going in the back chamber , im not using a bulkhead , im the pump im using is a azoo 180 power head it give alot of flow, my lighting is a coralife aqua mini , but i might get leds for this and use it for my 20g's refugium

my ph is at 8 and my amona is all most zero im using test strips for now , what is a good test kit

glad you guys are liking the tank , im not going to keep that heater its going to my 20g but im using it to heat up the tank till i move every thing from my 1.5g to this and then the heater going in the back chamber , im not using a bulkhead , im the pump im using is a azoo 180 power head it give alot of flow, my lighting is a coralife aqua mini , but i might get leds for this and use it for my 20g's refugium

my ph is at 8 and my amona is all most zero im using test strips for now , what is a good test kit

API is always suggested although I have a few off brand kits that work

snowflake ell

i have been using instant ocean bio- spira to help it cycle , do you guys think i can add my 5 coral's and 1 snail to the tank case i need the 1.5g out of the way or should i wait just to be safe

i have been using instant ocean bio- spira to help it cycle , do you guys think i can add my 5 coral's and 1 snail to the tank case i need the 1.5g out of the way or should i wait just to be safe

I would wait so as to minimalize possible livestock stress or death.

snowflake ell
I would wait so as to minimalize possible livestock stress or death.

thanks thats what im going to do

do you have a link to your aio tank?

Archived