Coral Vue Hydros

My iPhone 4 photography

skittles

we are all here just to have fun and talk reefs.... PS..you did have some sweet picts on your thread... iphone or not

:D

iPhone has some good capabilities for being exactly what it is, a camera phone. Except the zoom as expected doesn't work really.

there are aps you can download for your iphone to adjust exposure, white balance, etc.

Do you know the names of any of these that are good?

iPhone + photoshop color correct is pretty decent. I've also got some good things from the "auto enhance" feature. It just doesn't compete with an industry grade dslr paired with a good lens.

Cool macro shots :) I've been toying with getting a similar lens just to play with.

• 3 weeks later...

YES! PLEASE share this magic $10 lens! will it work on any camera phone? (I have a droid) anyone recommend good apps for taking tank shots? My pics really suck and I can't even good decent ones with my cannon powershot (another cheap camera). Those pics with the magic lens look 10X better then my cannon photos! If i could get pics like that with my droid i'd be one happy camper!

could this be it http://www.cellphoneshop.net/microlens.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005C3CSX...oductPromotions

8.35 free shipping! think this will work?

ok, i couldn't wait =, i bought it so i'll let you all know if it works!

Still wondering about droid phone aps--is there a thread on that?

:D

I do like these little lenses for the phones. The macro lens does leave some people disappointed when they don't read the description. They have a maximum focus range of what, 1.5 inch?

I do like these little lenses for the phones. The macro lens does leave some people disappointed when they don't read the description. They have a maximum focus range of what, 1.5 inch?

Yeah but those people expect the lens to do the same thing as a $500 macro lense.

$10 for a lense like this is great,PLUS it comes with a wide angle lense,they are well built and work for a Chinese product.

Also,if anyone is leaning towards buying one buy the ones from

Hk.it may take another week or two to get but some eBay seller have these selling them in the conus and charging $30 PER lense.

I belive I paid $20 for the macro+wide angle and fisheye.

Just a heads up for those who are more lenient with time.

• 2 weeks later...

i bought one for 8.50. I'm pretty pleased with it. Now i have only a 3 mp camera, no software/ aps for it. I used the sticky magnetic thing to attach it to the phone. You have to hold it right up to the glass b/c the focus is sooo close. Also turn off auto focus (duh, still took me a while to figure that out). I get lots of circling b/c the lense is round, but i figure i'd just crop that out anyways. Glass full of algae and really uninteresting coral, but it was all i had close enough to the glass!post-21395-1330706089_thumb.jpg

Archived