Pod Your Reef

magnets for aquarium stand doors

Daveg99

I am building my stand for my tank this weekend. This will be the 3rd stand I have built. Every other time its been a traditional stand with doors. This time Im doing it with a modern style to it and I want the entire front panel to come off. Thinking about attaching the top of the door with two magnets and the bottom will just rest on a piece of wood. What type of magnets can I use and where do I get them? Does home depot sell what I need?

I am building my stand for my tank this weekend. This will be the 3rd stand I have built. Every other time its been a traditional stand with doors. This time Im doing it with a modern style to it and I want the entire front panel to come off. Thinking about attaching the top of the door with two magnets and the bottom will just rest on a piece of wood. What type of magnets can I use and where do I get them? Does home depot sell what I need?

This is what i used on my last 2 stands as i wanted just that to be able to just pull the door off. couldn't be happier

http://www.amazon.com/Hangman-HML-12D-Pict..._bxgy_hi_text_b

they sell them at home depot and most hardware stores

I went to Lowes and bought the magnet for my door on the tank. Cost $1.49, simple and sweet. Small piece of metal on the door and magnet screwed to the inside wood of the stand. Without it my door kept popping open. You dont need anything fancy. Check out HomeDepot/Lowes in the cabinet department where they have all the handles.

What type of magnets can I use and where do I get them? Does home depot sell what I need?

I did not go the Google'ing today, but I know that I have previously seen websites that sell thousands of kinds/sizes/shapes/strengths of magnets. You can find whatever you want online.

Archived