ReefCleaners.org

Devil's 40 Breeder

devilsadvocate

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
devilsadvocate

THAT'S AWESOME.

I'm real excited, I've been a "red hat" for a few months now, I'm really itching to go into a burning building. come mid june I should be a full on firefighter!

llama roadkill

I'm real excited, I've been a "red hat" for a few months now, I'm really itching to go into a burning building. come mid june I should be a full on firefighter!

Again, awesome! Thanks in advance for saving people. :)

devilsadvocate

so these eiblis angels are pretty shweeet. I just added a few corals that were lying around in my dads tank. and a giant turbo snail.

• 2 weeks later...
devilsadvocate

Ohhhhhh that's not good!

hah i suppose it sucks for the guy who owned it, but fun as hell for us. the super funny thing was that the name of the rv was "inferno".

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
devilsadvocate

on an unrelated note, i start fire school in 2 weeks :happydance::happydance:

photo1_zps7bcea7be.jpg

finished fire school last week. time to start working on the tank more now that i got the time. updates soon enough.

new yellow helmet. with probie stripes until i get cleared as a third. #### yeah.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/crowftw/media/IMG_5262_zpsf605ab6b.jpg.html'>IMG_5262_zpsf605ab6b.jpg

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/crowftw/media/IMG_5263_zps6f4c7fa3.jpg.html'>IMG_5263_zps6f4c7fa3.jpg

This is an awesome (re)build so far. LOVE that angel. And congrats on the striped hat!

Can you tell a little about what you did for the light pole? I'm waiting on my new light in the mail and am gonna hang it similar to that. Is that just EMT conduit? 2 90 degree bends? Is it painted at all? 1/2 inch or 3/4?

devilsadvocate

This is an awesome (re)build so far. LOVE that angel. And congrats on the striped hat!

Can you tell a little about what you did for the light pole? I'm waiting on my new light in the mail and am gonna hang it similar to that. Is that just EMT conduit? 2 90 degree bends? Is it painted at all? 1/2 inch or 3/4?

it is 1/2 inch conduit, with 2 "90" degree bends in it and it is painted black. being that it is 1/2 i didnt bend the arm that hangs over the tank to a full 90 degrees because with the added weight of the light it pulls in down so that it is basically straight. if i have done the full 90 it would be lopsided. you could always just get thicker conduit, but i didn't want to spend the extra 20 dollars the 3/4inch bender cost. it only took like 20 minutes to get it all bent the way i wanted and painted.

Fire and water? omgomgomg

awwwww yeaaaah!

Training to be a firefighter, that's really neat dude. I don't think I could do it, sounds tough

What's the tank status? This going to be a reef?

devilsadvocate

Training to be a firefighter, that's really neat dude. I don't think I could do it, sounds tough

What's the tank status? This going to be a reef?

yeah it was a pain in the ass. almost a year of different classes and the academy. but all in all, it was pretty fun.

as for the tank...its got water in it, no algae so it shouldnt be too hard to get started up again. and im not sure about the reef part, i kinda want to do a mantis or some predatory invert. i saw a giant hermit crab at the fish store awhile back that i thought was pretty damn cool, thing was bigger then a soft ball. but i cant find any info on them. :angry:

sounds neat. reefs can get complicated sometimes so it's nice to just kinda relax things a bit...you still have that angel?

• 1 year later...
devilsadvocate

In the process of starting the tank up again for the third(?) time. rocks and sand were cleaned today.

bought a nano box quad. still need a new return pump and wave makers.

I also need to re-baffle the sump.

Archived