inTank Media Baskets

Stand plans for a 46 Gallon Bow

FlCandy

So I am planning a stand for my 46 Gallon Bowfront. I plan on it being 48"L x20"W x 30"H

I know the glass tanks with black rims need the 4 corners supported so this is that all my research has shown me needs done. It will be built with 2x4s' and Plywood and will be done in the next week or so as soon as I know it should be safe for my tank. I know a plywood top is unnecessary but I like the look of the closed stands.

Here is my sketchup design.

post-68297-1326064590_thumb.jpg

I don't have a bunch of shots this is the top, there will be 2 vetical braces under the additional top brace to ensure the front of the tank is supported on something other then the plywood.

Thanks for your help.

I've never built my own tank stand, so I can't really offer any advice, but I just wanted to tell you I'm super impressed that you're making your own. Good luck!

I've never built my own tank stand, so I can't really offer any advice, but I just wanted to tell you I'm super impressed that you're making your own. Good luck!

Thanks! From everything I have heard DIY stands are way stronger then any commercial stand so I was doing tons of Homework last night while I was up wayyyyyy too late and this is what I came up. I found a thread on reef central called DIY Stand Template and Calculator and this is what I came up with.

Sounds like you've done your research, so I'm sure it'll turn out great. Definitely take pics of the build so I can follow along :D

I have a 46 gal bow, I just built a rectangle box, 36"x14"x30" I had the top and bottom cut to the bow shape and thats how is rests now. there is a overhang on the bow part, but all the rock heavy stuff is at the back anyhow, even when empty it did not budge at all..

just make sure to support all 4 corners and u will be fine..

I have a 46 gal bow, I just built a rectangle box, 36"x14"x30" I had the top and bottom cut to the bow shape and thats how is rests now. there is a overhang on the bow part, but all the rock heavy stuff is at the back anyhow, even when empty it did not budge at all..

just make sure to support all 4 corners and u will be fine..

Thanks makes me a bit more confident.

Okay so some pic updates for you guys, we boxed out the bottom today just to see how it would look etc.

Well I am impressed this link will take you to the pictures on my thread. Went smooth and everything is flush/countersunk etc.

This first one is the bottom, top will be done this upcoming weekend when we have more time and daylight.

Bottom Frame

Archived