Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone Try This Live Sand...?

PSYS

Saw this live sand on eBay. Dude has 100% positive feedback with over 600+ transactions.

I don't like to believe the hype... but if his pics are accurate, dam that's some white sand! :huh:

it must be coke.. nothing can be that white :)

it must be coke.. nothing can be that white :)

I concur. But it's so purdy. Granted, it'll get you and your reef high as a kite... but still! It's so purdy! :happy:

"Sir, I can assure you I am not selling cocaine and passing it off as high grade live reef sand. It is guaranteed to be live when it is delivered."

LOL!!!

I don't know. They don't sound very convincing.

"Sir, I can assure you I am not selling cocaine and passing it off as high grade live reef sand. It is guaranteed to be live when it is delivered."

LOL!!!

I don't know. They don't sound very convincing.

It's probably crystal meth. :lol:

Seriously, considering it's sold as live sand, how much of that weight is water?

It's going to be a #### storm and why the hell would you pay 2.79/lb... that's like about 3 times as much as any premium aragonite sand...

Buffers pH to 8.2

Raises Calcium when depleted

Adds natural magnesium, strontium, molybdenum

No the #### it doesn't.. aragonite can only dissolve in a pH of around 6.5.. as is required in calcium reactors.

It's going to be a #### storm and why the hell would you pay 2.79/lb... that's like about 3 times as much as any premium aragonite sand...

Buffers pH to 8.2

Raises Calcium when depleted

Adds natural magnesium, strontium, molybdenum

No the #### it doesn't.. aragonite can only dissolve in a pH of around 6.5.. as is required in calcium reactors.

Dammit, Mike... let the man try the cocaine! I wanna know how it is... after all, the seller is the #1 SELLER OF LIVE SAND ON EBAY! That has to count for something...

Shameless tag :D

Btw, I don't understand why you guys think that 2.8$ /lb is so expensive. Here in Europe you usually buy 10lb packs of premium live sand for 18-20 euros. Not sure how much the same stuff costs stateside, but it can't be much lower. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150657046544

I get it a bit cheaper locally (about 18E) but you get the picture.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've walked on sand this white while at some beach resorts but almost all of it is trucked in. If you swim out you see that the sand changes.

His sand probably is collected from a beach so that it has correct properties but you are still paying for fancy sandbox sand.

You might as well buy from Marinedepot and save yourself some money. Cause at 2.79/lb you are getting majorly ripped off.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Caribsea_Arag_A...-FISSLS-vi.html

20lbs for $20, and there are other dry options that are even cheaper.

No way it's live and that white.

I'd have to agree. What kind of "live" is it? Just bacteria? Critters? No way I'd pay a premium for the former.

Edit: that looks like the regular silica sand beaches we have along the gulf coast. It is naturally occurring here, but in some locations, it is dredged and trucked in.

Ya I almost purchased this. Since I only needed 5lbs, it's not a huge deal on the wallet. I decided against it when there seems to be no review of this stuff whatsoever. Ended up with the CaribSea stuff.

Archived