Pod Your Reef

Xenon's Fluval Edge 6G build thread with pics

xenon

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for the picture, looks great and I too like the spot effect.

My AI Nano will arrive this week, and then I will experience Edge+Vortech+Ai Nano, just like you have running.

What mode do you run your Vortech at?

I don't have it on any special mode. Just a constant flow at the lowest speed.

Does the heater fit in the fuge?

The HOB filter is gone.

This is one cool little tank! Nice build! I just read all 4 pages, real neat idea. I saw this tank a year ago when I got my bC14, and I loved it but I quickly convinced myself It wouldnt work as a reef tank, WOW did you just prove me wrong! Very Cool so far!

+1 for putting the heater horizontal :)

Sure there is. Xenon try to lay the heater horizontal or probably behind the larger rocks on the right? I've got mine horizontal at the very bottom and the rocks (for the most part) block most of the heater. If you look at it from the side you can see it laying down and obviously you can see the cord. Once you get some corals (if you want) in there, it should do a better job of hiding it.

Tank looks awesome so far!!

Cracking Edge!

I've been thinking of swapping out my Koralia Nano Powerhead for a Vortech but thought even on the lowest setting it might be too much. I think this thread may have sold me on a Vortech.

The AI Nano doesn't look like it throws enough light for much in the way of Coral though, doesn't the perspex lip on the top of the Edge prevent decent light spread?

You may have also sold me on binning the HOB altogether, I currently run Carbon and Floss but trying just LR sounds interesting.

Really looking forward to seeing how the Jawfish experiment pans out.

Nothing has changed since my last update.

Still waiting to get a bluespot jawfish.

I just installed an AI Nano on my 12 gallon Edge. How is yours working out for you. What settings do you have on it. Also I too have placed my MP10 in the middle, hiding the dry side. How do you like the flow it gives there? Still on the fence whether I like it there or not. Looks good though.

I just installed an AI Nano on my 12 gallon Edge. How is yours working out for you. What settings do you have on it. Also I too have placed my MP10 in the middle, hiding the dry side. How do you like the flow it gives there? Still on the fence whether I like it there or not. Looks good though.

I have lived with the AI LED module for a while now. I have been tweaking my settings often enough and these are my final results.

Timer 1: 8:00am (actinic)

0% WH, 25% BL, 50% RY - 180min Ramp

Timer 2: 11:00am (daytime)

18% WH, 25% BL, 50% RY - 180min Ramp

Timer 3: 5:00pm (actinic)

0% WH, 25% BL, 50% RY - 180min Ramp

Timer 4: 8:00pm (moonlight)

0% WH, 1% BL, 1% RY, - 180min Ramp

I love the MP10 all hidden within the tunnel. I was able to turn it up 1 notch from the lowest setting without distributing the sand. When I feed, nothing will settle to the bottom. I have absolutely no dead spots.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to see if you could provide an update. I'm working to build my Edge tank now and just added a MP10. Never thought of getting rid of the original filtering but I'm okay with doing 50% water changes.

Hows the fish doing without having the filter, think enough oxygen is getting into the tank?

• 4 weeks later...

If you still have the tank I would like to see new pics, Please. I have a fluval and am thinking of buying the ai nano myself.

• 8 months later...
CarterNichols

Do you have to manually set the AI nano or do you have the wireless controller? Also, does it require an additional part to utilize the controller?

Finally, are you using a time to achieve the settings you listed above or is that something that you can set via the controller?

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Prankster11

Recently, I have been getting crap from people for putting a false perc in the 6g edge, and i explain to people that i do frequent water changes, but they don't care....any advice, or updates?

Archived