inTank Media Baskets

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

pfft *shazam* I did not find the kit but i was one of the first to man up and put my money where my mouth was! Love the kits I have a 36 and a 12 LED over my sump

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the heatsinks suspended above the new tank. The LEDs aren't on the heatsinks or wired yet, but it takes just a minute to pull the heatsinks down for when I'm ready to do all the soldering. I used 3 white shelf brackets with eye hooks screwed in the ends. The hook at the end of the wire hanging kit that came with the heatsinks just hooks right into the eye hook at the end of the shelf bracket. Here's some pictures of the set-up:

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

What do you guys think? Right now the fixtures are hanging about 12" off the top of the tank, but I can adjust them up or down if I need to.

I got the heatsinks suspended above the new tank. The LEDs aren't on the heatsinks or wired yet, but it takes just a minute to pull the heatsinks down for when I'm ready to do all the soldering. I used 3 white shelf brackets with eye hooks screwed in the ends. The hook at the end of the wire hanging kit that came with the heatsinks just hooks right into the eye hook at the end of the shelf bracket. Here's some pictures of the set-up:

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

What do you guys think? Right now the fixtures are hanging about 12" off the top of the tank, but I can adjust them up or down if I need to.

you will have to adjust them to your needs once tank is full to get the coverage you want.

basicfisherman

That setup looks very nice flsvedlund. I got my kit from FedEx yesterday. Thining about starting to get it put together tonight.

That setup looks very nice flsvedlund. I got my kit from FedEx yesterday. Thining about starting to get it put together tonight.

Quit talking and build that #####! omgomgomg

+1 wth man mine was under construction 3 minutes after i got home :)

Mine was built three hours after it was delivered!

Thinking about joining the club with a 24 LED kit for my aquapod! What color combo did you guys go with and did anyone order the pre wired strip versions?

Mine was built three hours after it was delivered!

hah mine was about 5 hours 4 total build time and i had to rig up 36 leds.. For color pattern i personally like the high white/blue combo - i have 2 uv bulbs - i dont know that they are going to 'brighten' anything up.

If i was starting fresh i might get 60% RB, 20% 4500 & 20% 10k's but i dont know.. I'm not dissatisfied with my color setup currently. Its just ultra white when you turn the whites up :)

My sump i'm using a mixture of Colors and it is growing chaeto like a reactor.

i feel the same way..i got like 4 more blues I am tempted to replace 4 of the whites off the light with them..cause if I have them both cranked to 100% the tank is a pure white

you will have to adjust them to your needs once tank is full to get the coverage you want.

Yep, I know. They way its set up I can lower it or raise it really easily. :)

Thanks! Let us all know how your build goes. I'm still waiting to figure out when my friend who is going to help has time. I'm getting antsy about it, so if it isn't by this weekend I'll go buy a soldering iron and figure it out myself.

Haha, thanks. I don't want someone to solder them for me. I just wanted my friend to loan me her soldering iron and show me how to do it. I figured drinking with a friend while spending 5 hours working on the fixture would be more fun than doing it by myself, haha.

AquaStyleOnline Club, what a great idea. Thanks, I'm in. :P

I have been running my AquaStyleOnline 36 Dimmable DIY kit on my BioCube 29 for almost three weeks, I'm very happy with my kit so far.

Here is my DIY Thread.

fast93accord

just finished building my 24 LED kit... my dimmers work perfect... came with metal knobs too, but they dont fit... ill have to drill them... ill post pics later or tomorrow...

just finished building my 24 LED kit... my dimmers work perfect... came with metal knobs too, but they dont fit... ill have to drill them... ill post pics later or tomorrow...

they fit...my knobs were the same way they took ALOT of pressure for me to push them on

basicfisherman

I thought the same thing about the knobs but you just need to press fit them on hard. I have my LEDs wired up on the heat sink. Man those things are bright. I have to finish the rest of the wiring next week when I have time. I have 2 blue LEDs that won't light up that I have to trouble shoot also. I will post a FTS once I'm done getting everything put together.

Got my custom kit yesterday. I am very impressed by the method of packing and what all was included. Ray even gave me a 2xAA battery tester for testing the LEDs.....already had one but a nice include. so far so good

I'm going to be doing a build on her fluval edge soon - discussing pricing with ray right now. hunting down a p2 heatsink - you would think this would be easy. As I am an IT guy and all of my friends have scrap yards of parts.... However so far my search = null and bowling friend = plausable

fast93accord

had my new light hanging a foot over my to long... with optics on it was not as bright as my 4 t5no's, and with optics off it was very dim. today i got some chain and lowered it to 4" above tank. with optics on the colors were very seperated and the sides and back were dim. Took the optics off and i am more than happy!!! very nice color blending and the whole tank is lit... will probably build a hood... i normally run a glass hood and my temp is 77-79 with 50 watt heater. i took the hood off last night and my temp was 73 this morning... ouch.... i added a 2nd 50 watt heater and everything is straight... will have pics soon

had my new light hanging a foot over my to long... with optics on it was not as bright as my 4 t5no's, and with optics off it was very dim. today i got some chain and lowered it to 4" above tank. with optics on the colors were very seperated and the sides and back were dim. Took the optics off and i am more than happy!!! very nice color blending and the whole tank is lit... will probably build a hood... i normally run a glass hood and my temp is 77-79 with 50 watt heater. i took the hood off last night and my temp was 73 this morning... ouch.... i added a 2nd 50 watt heater and everything is straight... will have pics soon

Yes.. now please keep in mind as it has been said a hundred times + more.. that it is decieving to the eye.. just because it 'looks' dimmer.. does not mean it actually is. the light is way more intense than other lights. Dead spots is the only thing i would worry about with the kits.

Glad you did some playing around and found a happy medium in between!

fast93accord

i meant 20 long... yes i realize looks may be deceiving... i only have 5 zoa colonys... ill keep my eye on them... im still battling with gha and diatoms... tanks maybe 5-6 weeks old... gha was on liverock i bought and it spread... h2o2 seems to be helping... every pic i have is too big... soab...

Just ordered 2x 12 LED DIY kits with the meanwell drivers. Making fuge lights out of them.... Each fixture contains-

3x 10000k white

3x 6500k white

3x 4,500k white

2x red

Also ordered two extra royal blues for each fixture... RapidLED sells the same drivers and says they can be used for 14 LEDs, so that's what I'm doing.

I don't expect the color blending to look nice at all... Just need to grow algae.

Archived