Coral Vue Hydros

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reefmaster1996
In the process of putting together the 24 led kit for my 10 gallon

I have a 24 led dimmable kit on my 20 gallon long!check it out on YouTube under my username "luisparedes13"!By the way great quality lights for the price. LEDS ALL THE WAY!!!

In case anyone was wondering about how good the Aquastyle LED kits are, here's a two month growth shot. I could not be any happier with the growth and coloration achieved by these lights.

_DSC1308.jpg

_DSC1695.jpg

godfathernikki
In case anyone was wondering about how good the Aquastyle LED kits are, here's a two month growth shot. I could not be any happier with the growth and coloration achieved by these lights.

_DSC1308.jpg

_DSC1695.jpg

Wow, very nice. Now if fedex could only get mine to my house....

basicfisherman
Who is fedex giving my lights to?!?

3_29_12_deliveryfail.jpg

Dang! :o Lets hope that is just a mistake and they aren't realy going to drop them off at the door.

bdehlin.....Nice growth shot! I can't wait till I can start stocking my tank with some corals. I have been waiting since January because I'm moving in May!

godfathernikki
Dang! :o Lets hope that is just a mistake and they aren't realy going to drop them off at the door.

bdehlin.....Nice growth shot! I can't wait till I can start stocking my tank with some corals. I have been waiting since January because I'm moving in May!

Lol something is def screwed up. Now it says it's out for delivery, but this time in Memphis Tn! They must have a fast truck driver...

godfathernikki

Well now I'm pissed. It was delivered to and signed for by someone named K.KOTOSKI, I dont know anyone by that name.

Fedex log:

Mar 29, 2012 12:16 PM

Delivered

PHOENIX, AZ

Mar 29, 2012 10:49 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

COEUR D ALENE, ID

Mar 29, 2012 12:33 PM

MEMPHIS, TN

Mar 29, 2012 8:34 AM

COEUR D ALENE, ID

Mar 29, 2012 7:06 AM

In transit

SPOKANE, WA

Mar 28, 2012 12:40 AM

Departed FedEx location

OAKLAND, CA

Mar 27, 2012 2:57 PM

International shipment release - Import

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 27, 2012 12:53 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

Mar 27, 2012 8:33 PM

In transit

TA YUAN HSIANG TW

Mar 26, 2012 10:17 PM

In transit

CHEK LAP KOK HK

Mar 26, 2012 7:08 PM

Left FedEx origin facility

KWUN TONG HK

Mar 26, 2012 6:46 PM

Picked up

KWUN TONG HK

COEUR D ALENE, ID to PHOENIX in an hour and 25 min? BS, they gave it to the wrong person >:( Girlfriend has been at the house all day and confirmed that nothing has arrived.

EDIT: Just called up fedex, the lady said there was a 'delay' and to disregard the tracking info. According to the rep it should be here tomorrow. Whew~

Got my kit today. Would have had it yesterday but no one was home to sign for it. I got the LED's tinned and plastered to the heatsink. I'm hoping to get it wired up tomorrow night and then figure out how to mount it in the hood of a BC29 on Saturday. Can't wait!

If anyone has any tips on securing the heatsink to the hood, I'd greatly appreciate the advice. I've never had the hood apart so I'm really not sure what I'm working with.

basicfisherman
Got my kit today. Would have had it yesterday but no one was home to sign for it. I got the LED's tinned and plastered to the heatsink. I'm hoping to get it wired up tomorrow night and then figure out how to mount it in the hood of a BC29 on Saturday. Can't wait!

If anyone has any tips on securing the heatsink to the hood, I'd greatly appreciate the advice. I've never had the hood apart so I'm really not sure what I'm working with.

Check this build http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289499 out. I built mine close to how Bboss did his but I did some mods. I didn't use the computer stand offs like he did. I just cut all the stand offs out of the hood to make clearance room. If you would like more info I would be glad to help.

Water_man11

I have the 24 led kit, 1/2 white 1/2 blue with 2 red lamps. The heatsink is 7 1/8" x 11 3/4". Can someone post a led placement diagram for this heat sink and led's or a link to a thread with one?

Hey all,

I ordered a 24 leds dimmeble kit a couple of weeks ago and i soldered it a couple of days ago but i run into a couple of problems.

1. When i attach the drivers to the leds the leds standard burn at 50%? Is this normal?

2. 1 of the dimmeble drivers is not capable of dimming by the standard pot meter? Anyone seen this before?

jedimasterben
Hey all,

I ordered a 24 leds dimmeble kit a couple of weeks ago and i soldered it a couple of days ago but i run into a couple of problems.

1. When i attach the drivers to the leds the leds standard burn at 50%? Is this normal?

2. 1 of the dimmeble drivers is not capable of dimming by the standard pot meter? Anyone seen this before?

1) I don't understand the question.

2) Probably a bad potentiometer.

My stuff should be arriving on Wednesday. One thing that I didn't get from them was the heatsink. I ordered that from RapidLED. AS only had a 19" and Rapid had a 23".

I made a custom hood in my shop. Just waiting for the finish to dry. Then I'll start putting it all together this Thursday.

jedimasterben
My stuff should be arriving on Wednesday. One thing that I didn't get from them was the heatsink. I ordered that from RapidLED. AS only had a 19" and Rapid had a 23".

I made a custom hood in my shop. Just waiting for the finish to dry. Then I'll start putting it all together this Thursday.

Shipping on AS's heatsinks is pretty high, too. Coming from Hong Kong, I know why, though.

Here the first shots from my new lights. First is just blue.

post-32610-1333324994_thumb.jpg

Here it is with all 24 running. I still have to get the colors adjusted, but I think its a good start.

post-32610-1333325014_thumb.jpg

jedimasterben
Here the first shots from my new lights. First is just blue.

post-32610-1333324994_thumb.jpg

Here it is with all 24 running. I still have to get the colors adjusted, but I think its a good start.

post-32610-1333325014_thumb.jpg

Looks nice! What all colors did you use?

Looks nice! What all colors did you use?

Thanks! I ended up using 15 royal blue and 9 white. I originally had the 60 degree optics but took them off due to the spotlighting. I'm pretty pleased so far. Definitely need to upgrade the fans to some silen-x or something. These stock fans are a bit louder than I remember.

jedimasterben
Thanks! I ended up using 15 royal blue and 9 white. I originally had the 60 degree optics but took them off due to the spotlighting. I'm pretty pleased so far. Definitely need to upgrade the fans to some silen-x or something. These stock fans are a bit louder than I remember.

What whites did you pick? 2800, 4500, 6500, or 10000?

Best inexpensive AND quiet fan ever.

http://jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-F...12-pr-3009.html

basicfisherman

Glad to see you got your build done sp1813! Nice job!

One thing I did with mine after replacing the fans was to cut out every other metal strip on the air grates for the fans....on the inside of the splash guard. It seems to help the air flow for me. The top of the hood would get a little warm to the touch. I'm not sure if that makes sense but I can post pictures once I get home in the morning.

What whites did you pick? 2800, 4500, 6500, or 10000?

Best inexpensive AND quiet fan ever.

http://jab-tech.com/YATE-LOON-120mm-Case-F...12-pr-3009.html

Sorry, I went with 10k. I'll definitely check out those fans. Thanks

Glad to see you got your build done sp1813! Nice job!

One thing I did with mine after replacing the fans was to cut out every other metal strip on the air grates for the fans....on the inside of the splash guard. It seems to help the air flow for me. The top of the hood would get a little warm to the touch. I'm not sure if that makes sense but I can post pictures once I get home in the morning.

I actually just cut the metal grates right out. With only 24 LEDs and both fans going, the hood stays cool to the touch. Thank you for the advice. And thanks to everyone who posted in this thread. It was a big help. Especially since I had never soldered or anything before this.

jedimasterben
My blue LEDs will flicker/turn off if not adjusted to JUST the right level on the pent. how can I fix this?

The pent? what? You mean the pot (potentiometer)? If you can't adjust it, it means you either aren't running enough LEDs on the circuit (the 7-12 driver needs 24v minimum forward voltage, and the 12-20 needs 30v minimum), or you have a bad pot.

Sorry, I went with 10k. I'll definitely check out those fans. Thanks

Wow, I can't believe it actually looks as good as it does with the 10K. Normally it's really really washed out.

@Ben - not necessarily. My drivers have "sweet spots" where at certainly position they flicker and whine, then if I turn them oh so slightly, it goes away and everything's fine. Not the only one who is experiencing this. It's no problem to me. Simply find that sweet spot and leave it alone.

I've had my 14 (16 with extras) LED Dimmable kit for over 6 months now.

Archived