Top Shelf Aquatics

AquaStyleOnline Club

basicfisherman

3 rows Looks good is that 12 white(10k) 12 Royal Blue?

Thanks, No I went with 15 rb and 9 10k's. In the pic, the one's that are lit are the rb. The other string is the white plus 3 rb.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the par meter and did some testing.Again this is 23 leds.No lense.Im happy with it very much for the money.

RED IS FULL POWER GREEN IS POTS ADJUSTED TO WHERE I RUN THE COLORS EVERYDAY

ftsbio.jpg

I just popped in to see if anyone else had driver issues, I guess I found my answer! Except mine lasted about 2 days :(

What did you have to do for the warranty? Just an email?

I messaged Ray and told him the problem I was having and what I did to diagnose the cause of it. It took 24 hours for a response then five business days later I had a replacement driver.

The big concern of mine is the quality of the pots. The blue circuit flickers when dfjusting the pot and you can hear the driver making a noise at the same time as the flickering. Where did everyone get replacement pots?

I bought a 25 ohm 3w pot from radio shack. It solved the crackle/flicker problem.

I got the par meter and did some testing.Again this is 23 leds.No lense.Im happy with it very much for the money.

RED IS FULL POWER GREEN IS POTS ADJUSTED TO WHERE I RUN THE COLORS EVERYDAY

ftsbio.jpg

Nice numbers, is that a 24 gal with the LEDs mounted in the hood?

14 gal with retro in hood.Everything i put in this tank just does better the my main tank with t5s.If i used more blues i could run with power up but for whats gonna be stocked that would be a waste anyways so im happy with this.Im gonna put some sps up top just to see how does soon.

basicfisherman

Interested to see how the SPS do. Some people say they grow very nice but lose there colors. I'm not sure what to think yet.

Okay. So I finally received some LEDs from Aquastyle:

6 RB

4 4,500K

2 Cyan

2 Red

2 TV

I'm looking to hook it up to 1-2 meanwell drivers. Would it be a good idea to just run 1 Meanwell ELN-60-48D drivers or should I get 2 meanwell drivers and use 1 set for RB and another set for the remainder, with 2x 250K pots (since I will be dimming)? I have read that the meanwell ELN-60-48D can run 7-13 LEDs in parallel. Not sure which meanwell I should go with if it is best for me to use 2 sets of drivers.

Been doing some reading and still trying to figure everything out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I bought a 25 ohm 3w pot from radio shack. It solved the crackle/flicker problem.

Been looking for that answer. Does it matter how many LEDs are on the string. Thanks

How many Leds or what type of kit did you get for your 40g Breeder? Might be interest on a DIY for my 40g also with T5s added

I have like 52 LEDs and I am very happy BB easy to clean

What type of LEDs color did you use and is there a link on the what heatsink you use and led, and everything to get started? Thanks

What type of LEDs color did you use and is there a link on the what heatsink you use and led, and everything to get started? Thanks

It is a kit from aquastyle and the I used U channel bars from homedepot

Got my 24 DIY kit in the mail the other day, where can I find a detailed step by step instruction on how to put this all together?

so is the general consensus that the 10k whites are really overpowering when used 1:1 with the royal blues? should i go with the 6500k instead?

planning on getting the 14 bulb dimmable kit, so i could run the rbs higher than the whites. how yellow are the 6500k bulbs?

jedimasterben
so is the general consensus that the 10k whites are really overpowering when used 1:1 with the royal blues? should i go with the 6500k instead?

planning on getting the 14 bulb dimmable kit, so i could run the rbs higher than the whites. how yellow are the 6500k bulbs?

The 6500k is still pretty yellow, but I would go lower to 4500k and do a 1:1 or 1:1.5 ratio of white to royal blue.

What size tank are you planning, and what kind of corals do you want to keep?

The 6500k is still pretty yellow, but I would go lower to 4500k and do a 1:1 or 1:1.5 ratio of white to royal blue.

What size tank are you planning, and what kind of corals do you want to keep?

it's a standard 5.5 with a 10 gal sump

gonna be sps dominated

wouldn't the 4500k be even yellower? i was planning on just doing a 1:1 10k:rb mix and running the whites lower than the blues to try and get about a 14k look. is that feasible? do these 10ks really look that bad in a 1:1 with the rbs? i'm trying not to overcomplicate this

andrewguilfoy

They dont look horrible. I understand where people only "might" be coming from :huh:, but you'll still get a decent look. I have all 1:1 10k's in a total of 40, I added 12 UV's to make 52. I can do math

I might get some 4500's in the future, for a little more "purple" coloration from the mix with the blues, but that warmer color just increases algae growth imo.

godfathernikki

Has anyone tried putting a 24kit over a 29 gallon?

I am upgrading from my 12gal to a 29 mixed reef(30w x 18h x 12d) and want to know if my current light will be sufficient.

Im not using any lenses atm, but I do have the 60degree ones, which from what I can tell from another post almost doubles the par readings, im hoping this will be enough to make up for the 6 inches or so of extra water depth.

I currently have softies and a couple lps, but future sps is a possibility

Archived