SaltCritters.com

The Inspiration (now VEGA powered)

pschom

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks.

Thanks. How's the 'burbs?' I may be there soon. lol

Burbs are actually not too bad lol I miss all the good ass restaurants to eat at in the city but that's it. Plus I have my own garage now so it's nice! Sucks about that mp10 hope you get a new one soon

Burbs are actually not too bad lol I miss all the good ass restaurants to eat at in the city but that's it. Plus I have my own garage now so it's nice! Sucks about that mp10 hope you get a new one soon

Lol some one sent me a gift card to applebee's. I told them I still lived in the city! No I didn't. I do need a garage though.

Feeding Time!

Low tide

C0C4362A-B9D8-43D3-93BF-AD9053200E2F.jpg

8556CED5-A852-4D6D-92FB-64D7CD3E93C0.jpg

Gimme Gimme

D24A8B82-A8E1-417B-A558-10BFA4293941.jpg

nom nom nom

26D4FDBC-CF40-41A8-8747-8AE49E47E861.jpg

F9B5A223-3E1B-4E4B-B092-9481E2A7E4C1.jpg

Everyone comes out...

9687D21E-FF16-4C81-A1C8-F26CF4D80910.jpg

Including my friendly neighborhood FREAKIN HUGE WORM...

4E5289AC-4D89-437F-96C6-40032247D6B6.jpg

Crappy pic of a new watermelon chalice frag

0407F69F-EC83-492B-95EE-924F5B6E0A8B.jpg

Still don't know what this is yet...anyone?

EDAC6004-B5A0-4D03-9FDA-58FFCCAFCD34.jpg

ORA BOP Coloring back up from not being at the top in low flow

A6932949-B7A4-4892-B7B0-8CFB5491C4D3.jpg

These are also recovering from a little mishandling during tank relocation.....

5BD374DE-CDA9-41E7-B335-5C0486FD4350.jpg

Picked up some Kent dkh solution. Going to dose as recommended every other day, with test, until I get the ph up to acceptable levels. I still don't understand why I have an issue with low alk and ph.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Picked up some Kent dkh solution. Going to dose as recommended every other day, with test, until I get the ph up to acceptable levels. I still don't understand why I have an issue with low alk and ph.

I've always had low pH, what's your pH?

I use bionic two part + mag... Controls my balance of alk and ca, keeps pH at 7.8 24/7

I've always had low pH, what's your pH?

I use bionic two part + mag... Controls my balance of alk and ca, keeps pH at 7.8 24/7

Ph is around 7.4. I mean give or take from the test kit. That's pretty low for mid day IMO but I guess if it's not negatively impacting anything who cares. Idk if my test kit is bad either. I'm trying to avoid dosing a 2 part because I dont really have time, but I'll praobably end up doing so. I'll try the dkh for now and see if the calc stays in the 410-440 range along with a consistent alk and ph. If so I'll be able to do bi-weekly water changes at 35% if nitrates dont raise above 10 in that time frame. We will see. Kind of trial and error with the new setup until I get into a rythem.

I do have mag but no test kit so....

Today I received the replacement MP10. It's installed and working like a charm. There were some distinct differences in looks and performance vs. the broken one. Not sure how that other one got through a QC check.

I started dosing the Kent dkh buffer and within a couple days I noticed growth improvement on a couple of things. Call me crazy, but I swear my acro started really taking off after dosing. I haven't checked the alk or ph since. Do that tomorrow.

:ninja: FISH ARRIVE TOMORROW!! :ninja:

Congrats on the fish! & even though 7.4 is constant, it's low....

Well in the words of a dude who knows what he's talking about, 'Its not so much what the params are, within reason, but how consistent they are.'

The acclimation of Splash and [un-named], my new ORA Premium Snowflake Clowns!

My shipment from Live Aquaria arrived today!

1000000962.jpg

Low light acclimation with float method. I know, it's an impressive picture. ;)

1000000963.jpg

Here they are getting some light

1000000968.jpg

And here they are....sort of. They have a very distinct light blue tone on the edges of the white areas. I want to try another nem for them, but I'm scared cause the last one didn't go so well.

1000000966.jpg

1000000964.jpg

Nice! Get some pics up tomorrow

I'll try. Those suckers are racing around in there.

nice clowns

Thanks. I hope they do well. One is eating everything. The other not. Your build you did in your kitchen prompted my interest in a rimless tank.

mmmm so that's where it was sold to!! :D

Lol. I went to an lfs and I was talking with the dude there. I told him what I was looking for and he brought up DD on LA. I was real happy but kinda pissed cause I had been looking around for some time and it took him like 30 seconds. I bought them from Live Aquaria in the fish store. Ha. I guess they are a pair, but one is larger than the other.

Noteworthy: I have had the baby yellow tang for about three weeks. Most of the time he has been scared to come out when anyone is walking by the tank. With the addition of the clowns, the tang is out all the time. I don't think he slept at all last night. He wants to be around them. He doesn't mess with them, just wants to hang out. Fish psychology?

Nice - and when it grows in it should be awesome.

I'm having problems trying to glue those caps in that area. I ended up with just the red one there. I'll see if I can frag them a little and place them in that spot cause I like it too. Plus get some credit at the lfs. I always have probs making corals stay until they start encrusting, or spreading. Seems like it should be easy, but........

Archived