Pod Your Reef

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Got back around 1 am last night, got stuck in like hour and a half of construction traffic near college park, md. :angry:

Trip was amazing, much colder over there though.

Both tanks seem to be okay, I was a little worried about the RBTA, it just looked like a 3-4" white tube with some tentacles coming out, but it seems to be back to its normal state now.

Probably make a trip to A1 later today and really get the 30c going. Not sure on what fish I want, maybe a YWG and a purple fire fish. As far as corals, I think I want to pick up the large Frogspawn (if they still have it) for the middle of the tank, then a zoa garden on one side and maybe Ric's on the other.

Looks great. I wish my BTA looked like yours. Not sure whats going on with it. Stays closed most of the time and when it opens it looks retarded. I have such bad luck with Anemones. Except the minis. They are the hardiest things I have ever had. Maybe I should just get more of those.

Anyway, I like the fire fish. Do you dip your corals?

My rbta is more like a rta now lol. Lost all the bubbles.

I usually just do a quick 10-15 second RO dip before adding corals.

I noticed after coming back from vacation that one of my zoa colonies isn't opening, only about 10 of them are open, it was perfect before leaving. Not sure what to do.

One on the right isn't opening

zoagarden0329.jpg

Should I get a couple peppermint shrimp or can you use tweezers to rip out the aiptasia?

I don't see any in the right one. Tweezers don't work. I even tried a small knife to scrape it of once. They shrink up to the size of...nothing. Have to use Ap X or pep shrimp. They spread like a m f'r.

It has grown on me, I originally only bought it because I didn't want to leave A1 empty handed haha.

I did a freshwater dip to that zoa that was only about 5% open, now it is about 95% open.

Making a trip to A1 tn, followed by massive frag gluing, time to clean up the sand bed again.

I hope they get more sps frags from whomever they got them from last time. Those things are growing like crazy! Torch are cool man. Don't put it near anything else though...

These tanks are awesome, love the new torch and firefish!!

Thanks. I also purchased a YWG at the same time, but he is always hiding and chose a cave in the back of the tank under the anemone.

Brain

brain0425.jpg

Blasto, acan, favia

blastacanfavia0425.jpg

purple fire

purpfire0425.jpg

Side fts

sidefts0425.jpg

Angle fts

anglefts0425.jpg

Front fts

frontfts0425.jpg

Some zoo's are still pissed for whatever reason. I killed the aiptasia with some aiptasia x, but some spilled out on other zoo's and I hope they recover, it is supposed to be reef safe.

Man that GSP is really taking off for you. Tank looks great too!

I was just looking back at pics from the first day I got it from you, huge growth. It's hard to tell when you look at the tank every day. It has now started encrusting on the nearby rocks. Still my favorite piece in the tank.

Archived