Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

11g rimless shoebox...... Green Leaf 36X9X9

redfishsc

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watermelon zoas.

watermelonzoas2.jpg

Purple photosynthetic gorgonian. This one has a distinctively flat "stalk", can't wait to see how it looks grown out. I now have 4 different photosynthetic gorgs in this tank.

Purple_flat_gorgonian.jpg

Lime green goniopora. This one is aquacultured, grown from frags, so it should be a good candidate for my tank. This doesn't look like the one that is a "sure bet loss" that everyone dreads. Hard to see in the pics, but it actually does have blue dots in the center.

goniopora.jpg

Here is a video of my reef. Pardon the background noise. I'm a loser at video stuff-- but you can see most of what's in this little tank.

Meanwhile, if anyone can suggest some free video editing software that I could use to put some music in the background of this, let me know!

I have a sweet, long shelf rock that I made for this tank that I need to get to soaking. I'll be moving away in about 6 months, so when I do, I plan on having that rock fully cured (cement) and cycled, and ready to go. It will really add that extra dimension to this tank.

EDIT: Can Youtube be embedded on this site?????

• 1 month later...

Got a ton of pics. Because of camera color and LED color trickery, the backgrounds look a bit odd, but these corals actually do look like this in person.

FTS, 5/20/2012. Pardon the streaks on the glass.

fts_may_2012.jpg

Yellow/green polyps

yellow_greenpolyps.jpg

Beautiful turquoise acro, someone help me ID this. Growing quite well (encrusting mostly for now).

turq_acro.jpg

True Palythoa (notice they spread on a mat)

true_palys.jpg

Tigertail zoas

tigertails_5_20.jpg

Snowflake anthelia/cloves

snowflake_anthelia-blue.jpg

Blue people-eaters

pe_5_20.jpg

Orange mushroom

orange_mushroom.jpg

Neon green toadstool

neon_toadstool.jpg

Several monti frags and turbinaria

monti_and_turbinaria.jpg

Aussie metallic star polyps growing on glass.

IMG_0087.jpg

Dragon-eye zoas and monti undata.

green_zoas_monti.jpg

Green staghorn monti (anyone know the latin name?)

green_stag_monti.jpg

Palythoa grandis and yellow fiji leather.

giant_paly_yellow_leather.jpg

Frogspawn (this is not a hammer despite the shape of the tentacles; they are definitely branched with many irregular shaped tentacles.)

frogspawn_a.jpg

Two blastos. These were literally a "frag plug" for a small leather I bought, and when I got the leather home, the frag plug suddenly "blossomed". It was an old skeleton that regenerated lol. Needless to say, 2 for 1 deal, and i like the blastos more than the leather.

blasto.jpg

REEF SALAD!!

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Most recent addition: neon green torch with pink tips. I LOVE THIS!!

green_torch.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice setup, how is your rics doing under LEDs, wanting to set up a ric only 11x11x11" tank with 2 CW and 4 rb LEDs, also adding 4 uv's for pop. Just don't want to damage my rics.

• 1 month later...

This tank has been moved from Wake Forest, NC to Summerville, SC and succesfully moved all but a couple photosynthetic gorgonians, which ship poor anyhow.

Right now I'm setting up my 45g 23" cube, so this 11g tank is in a bit of disorder and looks awful, but the corals and fish are quite happy and healthy. I'll move this 11g to it's final spot in our house later once I get this big tank set up, but for now it's set up temporary.

Even all the zoas on the beer bottle are doing well!

Nice setup, how is your rics doing under LEDs, wanting to set up a ric only 11x11x11" tank with 2 CW and 4 rb LEDs, also adding 4 uv's for pop. Just don't want to damage my rics.

I only have 1 actual ric, it's doing great.

Archived