Pod Your Reef

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck. Maybe some of the more experienced reefers in his area could help the kid out and get his tank going. I am sure there are some that just have extra equipment laying around that would help him get started. Go for it kid and have fun learning.

I have a 2 or 2.5 gallon glass tank that I used for baby snakes, should I turn that into a mini fuge or sump instead of modding the ac70?

I would stick with modding the AC70. It comes with everything needed to do the Mod, therefore not imposing on your current budget. By using the extra tank you will now need to have a way to get the water from the display to the fuge (overflow system) as well as a return pump. The AC70 is a great option that is proven to work in the setup you are headed toward.

Anyone had any experience at something's fishy in Miami? I'm going there tomorrow to check things out. I've been there for freshwater, but never bothered with the sw. I heard they're a little expensive for sw.

south florida tron here on Nano reef seems to know all the spots in Florida you should contact him

How do I contact him?

i cant wait to see this running. i love new tanks :D

Thanks!

The light that Bryan quoted is the same one that I had in my 'fuge and it worked great!

Good luck!

Thanks! Your tank was a big inspiration !

Just be aware the smaller the tank the more difficult it can be . Small things = big changes in small tanks.

You will have to stay on top of evaporation and water changes. Where do you plan on getting the fresh water to make saltwater ?

Just be aware the smaller the tank the more difficult it can be . Small things = big changes in small tanks.

You will have to stay on top of evaporation and water changes. Where do you plan on getting the fresh water to make saltwater ?

The lfs

Archived