This is what reef pressure does, BRS group buy:

Red Sea Coral Pro Salt - 175 Gallon

Salifert kH/Alkalinity Aquarium Test Kit

Coralline Purple Reef Epoxy - Oceans Wonders

TWO Maxi-Jet Powerhead 1200 (295GPH)

BRS "Extra Thick" Gel Super Glue 1oz Bottle

Hydor Koralia Evolution 750

JBJ A.T.O. - Automatic Auto Top Off System Water Level Controller

In other nooz, I bought a spectrapure! I hope it has all the adapters to fit my cat & fish bathroom faucet.

I am really digging your Red Sea thread. I will be learning a lot from your thread. Looking forward to this one.

Thanks Dani!

Ok, carbon reactor. Sold!

EEKS should i get the BRS rox and reactor then?

surgicalsense
This is what reef pressure does, BRS group buy:

EEKS should i get the BRS rox and reactor then?

:lol: as if I would know that answer to that question. The boys would know...

Edited by surgicalsense

Scaping continued.

50 lbs uncured rock

IMG_20111222_121907.jpg

Which look like this

CIMG0650.JPGCIMG0649.JPGCIMG0646.JPGCIMG0645.JPG

Getting wet (and stinky)

IMG_20111222_144909.jpg

The rocks get photographed and their shape drawn on cardboard after determining the best balance and side they should face (the UPS box is an almost exact measurement of the footprint of the DT)

IMG_20111223_190945.jpg

Then you start building and trying different ideas

CIMG0651.JPG

CIMG0652.JPGCIMG0653.JPG

After you find the layout that looks good, you start to assemble it in the tank. One piece at a time, with emaco to cover where one rock meets the other, keeping the live stuff under wet paper towels while you work.

IMG_20111223_170756.jpg

A whole day of back breaking labor later:

IMG_20111225_170130.jpg

• Like 4

Wow you really are Mrs. Scape. I slap some rocks down, change them a tad, and hope for the best.

You know what it's going to look like without putting the LR in the tank! :lol:

Your scape is always awesome, and you always think it out so much! I only thought about it after I got the rocks in the tank! Love the look though, can't wait for this to get stocked!

Oy, so much to catch up on. Leeny's been keeping me busy, so tank stuff takes a back seat.

MJ 1200 is appropriate for JBJ ATO? I thought teeny tiny aqualifter was more commonly used... only asking on here because I'm not familiar with the system.

Don't waste a BC by using it as a sump. It's impractical. Whatever you can sell it for is going to be more than the cost of a new dollar per gallon tank at Petco, or even a custom acrylic from ebay.

ATO reservoirs pop up on hardware thread all the time. I could make one for you out of acrylic if you want something specific. All it is- is a fancy bucket, nothing special. Come to my shop and I'll teach you how to use some big power tools. You just buy the acrylic, I have the "glue".

Probably would work and would be nice and clean looking, just want to make sure the output is under the water level. you would have to drill it as it takes up the entire hole area and you can't get the wire in for ATO float. Or just drill a hole or slot on the back molding piece.

@KG how can I resist an offer to make a fool of myself with power tools, sign me up. Do you have mail chain I could wear?

I think for the ATO reservoir I will go with a sturdy yet compact plastic container of some sort, I saw some people have some neat ideas. I would like the chance to build the sump though!!!! woot.

The actual plumbing into the RSM is giving me nightmares however. People don't favor the HOB overflow for obvious risks. So I'm still researching.

Have a great time with Leeny, a very Happy new Year to you both.

Scape looks really nice. I like the news shoes in the avatar? Christmas gift?

They matched the RSM so I put them on there. ha ha.

Probably would work and would be nice and clean looking, just want to make sure the output is under the water level. you would have to drill it as it takes up the entire hole area and you can't get the wire in for ATO float. Or just drill a hole or slot on the back molding piece.

will do, thanks

Wow you really are Mrs. Scape. I slap some rocks down, change them a tad, and hope for the best.

It's Ms. Scape to you. :P

Your scape is always awesome, and you always think it out so much! I only thought about it after I got the rocks in the tank! Love the look though, can't wait for this to get stocked!

Thanks, lot more to be done with that still.

I.. I... coulda sworn you were married. :unsure:

Nope. :)

• Like 1
I have a mod to the Stevie T ATO tubing mod. Using the accessory kit.

130d_filtration_c_big.jpg

Thanks Stevie for showing her the OM, (original mod). I tried to utilize the RSM double elbows, but the tubing I got for the ATO pump would not fit. Besides, you only need one of the two elbows. I forgot to mention that I did have to cut out the opening, where tthose elbows go, to fit the PVC pipe in the back.

surgicalsense

Plumbing :blink: ... Wowza, I wanted the RSM when I grow up. But, I will now need to learn about tank plumbing. Now I know what I will be dealing with when that time comes :mellow:

Thank goodness for Kat's RSMax adventure thread!

@KG how can I resist an offer to make a fool of myself with power tools, sign me up. Do you have mail chain I could wear?

Mail chain? Chainmail? No. Kevlar, yes.